“excellent thai”

Thai I M Restaurant
Ranked #86 of 462 Restaurants in Parramatta
Cuisines: Asian, Thai
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
“excellent thai”
Reviewed May 13, 2014

went there for a dinner with family. thoroughly enjoyed it. service was prompt. no corkage was one of the best. my favourite Thai local. crispy cashew nut ,squid, betel leaf parcel and the whole fish is a must try. would come back and recommend others.

Sydney, Australia
“A bit disappointing this visit”
Reviewed May 12, 2014

Have been here many times and usually have quite a nice meal, unfortunately not this time. Service was quite slow even though the place was not busy. When our entree's arrived they were not great, Coconut Prawns, never seen a prawn that shape? more like a crab stick with a tail attached, a bit scary & Salt & Pepper Squid, way too heavy on the batter. I had the BBQ Seafood platter which was unfortunately cold by the time they served it, it was supposed to be hot, and swimming in sauce, very unappetising, left most of it. Also had a Green Curry which was quite fine. Will be leaving this place alone for a while, hopefully it will improve. Sorry.

Sydney, Australia
“Thai It Is... in Parramatta”
Reviewed May 10, 2014

Visited this place with family & friends on a Saturday evening, we've been here many times, and the food has always been good.

This time around, we had the money bags and soft shell crab as entrees; followed by some noodles, a stir fry and a beef red curry & rice. The Money bags were a bit soggy, instead of crisp; but the soft shell crab was ok. The stir fry was great, the noodles were bland, and the red curry was as average.

The service was good, very friendly and prompt

However, I do wish they would provide plates instead of bowls to eat in; its so much easier to keep the food and flavours separate in a plate.

The seating consists of chairs and stools; so if you prefer a chair to a stool; then its best to make a reservation and ask for a table with chairs, not stools

If we return, we'll probably try some of the Chef's specials the next time around

Sydney, Australia
“Really enjoyed our dinner”
Reviewed May 2, 2014

Where Thai I M is in Parramatta - the North end of Church Street, once it used to be quite dead around there however now with lots of multi-storey businesses and also a lot of flats' restaurants are starting to pop up. It is a very pleasant restaurant and the Thai is quite good. My husband loved the Chicken Sate entree and his Pad Thai, I had a Thai Beef Salad and we enjoyed dessert. Not that I would say it is the best Thai I have ever had but it was really enjoyed and the prices are quite good. It is BYO which always is a plus.

Chalong, Thailand
“Thai and tasty”
Reviewed April 6, 2014 via mobile

Another great little restaurant in Parramatta which is becoming the food hub of Sydney. Great Thai dishes and so tasty. I went with a large group and nothing was too much trouble for the staff . Another great dining experience in parramatta

Visited June 2013