“Finally a hotel that gets everything right!”

PARKROYAL Parramatta
Ranked #4 of 12 Hotels in Parramatta
Reviewed February 24, 2013

The Parkroyal at Parramatta (previously the Crowne Plaza) shines in its new reincarnation.

Location - fantastic spot central to the city, and the major restaurant strip is practically on the doorstep. Easy walking distance to the Riverside Theatre for a show, or Parramatta Stadium for a game.

Rooms - clean, tasteful, well maintained. We stayed in a deluxe king room, which had ample room for the king size bed, bedside tables, a rollaway single bed, armchair, small dining table and chair, and still room to move. Bathroom was small but clean, modern and functional, with lovely toiletries and large fluffy towels.

Staff - exceptional service. That delicate balance between professional competence and friendly service is easily maintained here. Staff were consistently helpful, respectful, and smiling.

Price - not the cheapest place around, but we bought the business pack, which included room, undercover secure parking, and Unlimited Internet. Well worth it. Internet worked brilliantly all weekend with no drop outs, car parking was hassle free, and given that there were thunderstorms and flash flooding during our stay, we were glad the car was undercover!

We were on the 9th floor and had no issue with noise when the windows were closed, despite being right in the city.

Booking was done online and was accurate when we arrived, roll away for child included in the price, and it was ready and waiting in the room, and check out was a breeze.

Well done Parkroyal - there are very few hotels that get it all right, first time, without a glitch, but you've done it. We will be back for sure!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
Daviddonald, General Manager at PARKROYAL Parramatta, responded to this reviewResponded February 26, 2013

Dear KazzD,

I sincerely appreciate your candid feedback on the hotel. The leadership team and I continue to invest in both the physical product and staff, as we believe it is essential both are at their best in order to provide that exceptional customer experience... consistently! As you mentioned, our prime location also adds to the experience, accommodating to the requirements of both business and leisure travellers. The team and I look forward to welcoming you back to the property... Onwards and upwards!

Thankyou

Reviewed February 12, 2013

After reading some positive reviews and noticing a great deal on 'wotif' I rang this hotel to confirm some details, and from that moment on, I have been nothing but impressed with them. We were booked in by the hotel at the great price of $174 a night which included king size bed, breakfast for me and my wife, parking in their underground secure parking, a $25 caltex fuel card to help us get back to Dubbo and a free Sunday paper in the morning!
We arrived around 2:30 on Saturday the 9th Feb, and not only impressed with the lobby of the hotel but also the young man at reception. He was friendly, helpful and made us feel welcome and important (i just wish I could remember his name to give him the proper praise he deserves).
The room was clean, tidy, and a good size, as was the bathroom and bed.
Breakfast was plentiful, tasty and of good quality especailly the mushrooms.

Easy walking distance to Parramatta train station, Westfield Shopping Centre and of Course Peter Wynnes Sport store!

Would definately take my wife here again

Room Tip: talk with reception they are very helpfl and approachable
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Daviddonald, General Manager at PARKROYAL Parramatta, responded to this reviewResponded February 17, 2013

Dear CraigandKristina,

Thank you for your wonderful feedback on recent experience with the hotel. Like you, we have many travellers from Regional NSW who choose the property for its convenience to the city, and use one of the many public transport options as an alternative to taking their car. Look out for our new and exciting accommodation packages for 2013 - we are always looking to add value and align with upcoming special event periods in Western Sydney.

Regards,

Reviewed February 11, 2013

We booked this hotel because with our budget it was 4/5 star here or 2/3 star in the city. This option worked really well. The hotel is 5 mins walk from the station and 35 minutes on the train to Sydney. Even better the river ferry leaves hourly for Circular Quay takes about 50 mins relaxing start to each day. First class hotel, spotless, nice room, friendly staff, free wifi (once you sign up for loyalty scheme) and paper. THe next street in nearly all good value restaurants? Train from airport via central station works with one change

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Daviddonald, General Manager at PARKROYAL Parramatta, responded to this reviewResponded February 12, 2013

Dear John L,

We have many international guests base themselves at the hotel whilst exploring Sydney and the best the West has to offer. I appreciated your comments on our location and the overall product, but more importantly I take great pride in your comments on our staff. We are always looking to add value in our product and provide a superior overall experience through Associate interactions. I value your feedback, thank you for taking the time to share your experience and highlighting some of the benefits received whilst staying at PARKROYAL Parramatta.

Regards

Reviewed February 5, 2013

I had meetings throughout the Sydney area and wanted to find something that might be less expensive yet central. I chose the PARKROYAL blind but it turned out to be a great hotel in a great location. The staff was friendly and helpful. There were a number of restaurants within walking distance, and I was able to get to all locations I needed to be using the trains, with the station being within walking distance as well. I even took the ferry down the Parramatta river to Sydney.
The room was comfortable and clean.
I definitely would stay here again.

Room Tip: I watched for a special that allowed me a king size bed on a upper floor.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Daviddonald, General Manager at PARKROYAL Parramatta, responded to this reviewResponded February 7, 2013

Dear dnelsonin,

I appreciate you taking the time to provide your feedback, and am pleased you found central location to be perfect for your business needs. I see that you took advantage of the ferry service to Sydney CBD, this is a popular option particularly with our leisure guests that require an easy transfer to and from central Sydney. The team and I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel on any return visit Parramatta.

Thankyou

Reviewed February 1, 2013

We had a great stay. Rooms were clean and comfortable. Breakfast was great. Staff very polite and accommodating. Forgot my jacket and they posted it too me promptly. Cannot fault it.
We were so close to the river so did the walk up and back the other side. Very interesting as it included the history of early Sydney with the altercation with the aborigines.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Daviddonald, General Manager at PARKROYAL Parramatta, responded to this reviewResponded February 3, 2013

Dear Dale S 2650,

You make an interesting comment that rarely gets raised through customer feedback channels, and that is the history surrounding Parramatta. Along with the historical buildings, there are a number of trails available in the area that provide a detailed recollection of events that led to what Parramatta is today. I appreciate your review, and am pleased we were able to locate you jacket and return it promptly to you. I hope you may have the opportunity to visit the hotel again, and further extend on your knowledge of the area.

Reviewed January 28, 2013

Basic rooms are quite good albeit bathrooms are rather small. Good side beds and a view to the adjoining car park nothing special . Downstairs bar is ok and staff are friendly . Property is well located with any number of eating establishments close by. Reception staff were ok but could be a little more inviting

Room Tip: Rooms in the top half of the property provide the better views
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Daviddonald, General Manager at PARKROYAL Parramatta, responded to this reviewResponded January 30, 2013

Dear Dean2150,

I am pleased that overall you enjoyed your stay with us, and from your comments I can see that you tried one of the many restaurants options Church Street is famous for - the restaurant strip is very popular amongst our regular customers. The team and I look forward to welcoming you back to PARKROYAL Parramatta on any return visit to the area. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience.

Regards,

Reviewed January 26, 2013

This hotel is in a great position for anyone needing to visit Parramatta or surrounding areas. I stay here regularly and find it to be a really nice hotel. The staff a very attentive and remember your name each time. The bar and restraunt are great. The rooms are nice with some being very spacious. The only negative I would say is the rewards program offered by Parkroyal is disappointing, also not being able claim Qantas Frequent Flyer Points, apart from those two minor issue this is a great hotel.

Room Tip: High floors on the Phillip St side of building have views across to Sydney CBD
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business

Dear Glen D,

Thankyou for your ongoing support of the hotel, and for your positive feedback following your recent stay. I am very pleased to be in a position to address your comment on frequent flyer points. Whilst the Pan Pacific Hotels Group does have an affiliation with a number of global airlines, I agree, that there was a need for local Airlines to be part of the program for domestic travellers... moving forward, I am pleased to confirm that from 10th February our partnership with Virgin Australia will take effect, and by the end of March a partnership with Qantas will be in place. Therefore points for both the Velocity and Qantas Frequent Flyer will be earned.

Onwards and upwards,