PARKROYAL Parramatta
SKYE Hotel Suites(Parramatta)
Mantra Parramatta(Parramatta)
175(Westmead)
1,058 results
All reviewsfuel voucherthe club loungeunder renovationbuffet breakfastegg stationcorner roomking roomfresh juiceparramatta parkmake your ownfull buffetroom servicechurch streettrain stationsaturday nightrestaurant stripcentral location
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 12, 2012

We stayed here for one night, to attend an annual gathering at a local restaurant, for which it was close by. The Hotel is welcoming, well located, clean and friendly. Check-in and out was friendly, quick and easy. The rooms are average sized for the price range, comfortable beds, clean, functional bathrooms and we took advantage of the fuel voucher deal, with included breakfast & parking. The rooms, as has saddly become the norm, only have one lounge chair and one office chair, however there are two large lounge style back cushions on the bed for sitting against. Breakfast was a well stocked buffett style with plenty of choice and drinkable coffee. The hotel is heavily utilised by local and visiting business fuctions but this does not impinge on the casual/private visitor and the atmosphere is very relaxed. Would happily stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Daviddonald, General Manager at PARKROYAL Parramatta, responded to this reviewResponded September 20, 2012

Dear Beranghi

Thankyou for your wonderful comments on PARKROYAL Parramatta - it pleases me to hear that our service and product offering was of a high standard. I have taken note of your feedback on the accommodation room seating arrangements. In 2011 we introduced the large comfortable lounge chair into the rooms, in addition to the ergonomic desk chair. Whilst we did trial a third chair, we felt that it compromised on the space in the room. Should you visit the hotel agan, we would be only too happy to add a third chair to make your stay more comfortable.

Again - I really appreciate your feedback.

Reviewed September 5, 2012

We were quite disappointed with the size of the rooms. We expected a little better for the amount of money we paid. We booked in for two & there was only 1 robe & 1 pair of slippers. The room was very clean & the bed one of the most comfortable we have experienced. We did get the fuel voucher deal so had free parking, breakfast & a $25.00 fuel voucher included. It was close to the Parramatta Stadium & if the rates were a little more reasonable I would stay here again. The reception & all staff were courteous & friendly even though they charged us for a meal & mini bar we did not use. However the reception was only to happy to delete the item.

Room Tip: Try to get one of the packages it makes the rate a little more reasonable
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Daviddonald, General Manager at PARKROYAL Parramatta, responded to this reviewResponded September 9, 2012

Susiewrx,

I appreciate your honest feedback on our product and service offering. Our packages are of great value and in demand predominantly by our guests visiting over the weekend periods. I am pleased you enjoyed our sleep experience, this has been a focus for the team - our beds continue to receive positive comments since introducing the new product earlier this year. Continuious improvement in the areas of product and service is our focus - thankyou for you candid feedback, we will take your comments onboard.

Reviewed August 22, 2012

I had a 2 night stay (business trip) at the Parkroyal and whilst the exterior of the building is a rather unappealing concrete tower, the revamped entrance, lobby, corridors and rooms dispel the initial fears that all could be doom and gloom! Check-in process was efficient, but I didn't get the 'feel good' welcome - a cheery smile would have been nice. I was asked if I wanted to join the hotel loyalty programme, which also gave me free internet access. Parking is easy - right under the hotel with direct access to all levels of the hotel. The rooms (I was in 211) have been very tastefully refurbished with lovely comfy beds and good desk space for business travellers (see photos), although not enough power points near the desk, which must have previously been located on the other side of the room as that's were all the power points still are. The bathroom was very small but nicely fitted out (see photos), but after a nice hot shower I then realised there is no extractor fan in the bathroom, so ended up in a kind of sauna environment. I tried a room service meal, which was excellent and was delivered by a very helpful and cheery young lady who probably gave a better representation of the hotel's customer service profile.
The outlook from the room was just of back streets and buildings, but who's in Parramatta to take in the views? I would say that the Parkroyal is an excellent choice for anyone wanting a central Parramatta location.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Daviddonald, General Manager at PARKROYAL Parramatta, responded to this reviewResponded August 27, 2012

Dear cstamm,

It is always great to receive feedback from a 'Senior Contributor' to TripAdvisor - I appreciated the candid feedback, and welcome any opportunity to improve. Thankyou for recommending the hotel as an excellent choice for those wanting to stay in central Parramatta - we agree, our location is perfect for travelling to and from Sydney CBD (via train, car, or ferry). Additionally the array of restaurants on Church Street is always a favourite for PARKROYAL Parramatta guests.

David

Reviewed August 20, 2012

Stayed at the Park Royal at Parramatta over the weekend and to be quite truthful, I would head there again over most of the City based so called 5 star hotels I have stayed at recently.

The real great thing about the Park Royal was that even though it was a full house, we did not have to que for anything. I also thought the breakfast was of a superior quality.

The staff were friendly and efficient and getting a morning paper was no problem.

The only negative if you could call it that was that the parking spaces were better suited to small cars. Also we did have a noisy "neigbour" but that was not the hotel's fault but maybe the walls were a little thin.

Overall the hotel was clean and presented in a positive way. I will be coming back, especially if I am attending events at Homebush/Olympic Stadium.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Daviddonald, General Manager at PARKROYAL Parramatta, responded to this reviewResponded August 21, 2012

Dear Daryl D,

Firstly I trust you enjoyed the Bledisloe Cup and festivities during your stay at PARKROYAL Parramatta. The hotel is the perfect place to stay for events held at Olympic Park, with a short train ride into the venues. I am pleased that you rank the hotel up there with those Sydney CBD 5 star hotels you have experienced - myself and the leadership team take pride in the product and service experience on offer. Thankyou for taking the time to share your positive comments - we greatly appreciate it!

Onwards and upwards...

Reviewed August 12, 2012

My wife and I stayed in an upper level king room and it was wonderful. A lovely room, decent view to the west (as long as you look past the dodgy shops below) and very comfortable bed. The only issue was that the room had only one chair to sit at the table for breakfast. We walked to the station, which is only 10 minutes away (to get to the Homebush Olympic Park). Overall, a very pleasant one night stay.

• Stayed: August 2012
1  Thank David L
Daviddonald, General Manager at PARKROYAL Parramatta, responded to this reviewResponded August 14, 2012

Dear OzTravellers,

Thankyou for your wonderful comments on the hotel and general location - I am genuinely pleased that our position in central Parramatta met your needs whilst in Western Sydney. I receive many positive comments on our bed product - the customer sleep experience continues to be a focus and an area where we strive to deliver a superior product.