“Nice to stay out of the city”

Novotel Sydney Parramatta
Ranked #7 of 12 Hotels in Parramatta
Reviewed January 5, 2010

A nice place to stay if you don't want to stay in the centre of Sydney. Had competitive rates for a great sized room with a full bathroom. Still walking distance to restuarants, train station and big Westfield Shopping Centre

Stayed: April 2009, traveled with friends
1  Thank kellie_bell

Reviewed December 31, 2009

I recently stayed at the Sebel Parramatta with my fiance and we had the best weekend. The staff were so nice and the food was amazing.... I would definitely recommend this hotel to everyone!

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Mazza_Ree
Reviewed December 12, 2009

I spent 5 nights business/pleasure in a Superior King room. Somehow after the first night they stuffed up my booking and tried to get me to check out. They called me in the room at 11.00am on the second day and asked when I would be checking out. I told them I had booked for 5 nights. I had to go to reception and re book and re do my keys. When I returned to the room my new key wouldn’t work and when I tried to exit the car park I couldn't get out of there either.

Apart from that I found the hotel average, a little overpriced. I was on the sixth floor and the hot water was terrible in the shower. Either too hot or too cold. It took ages to get the temperature right. The water pressure was ordinary too. The basin tap dripped non-stop and nothing was done about it.

The television was mounted on the wall and when I turned it off I could still hear it. I couldn't work it out until I realised the noise was coming from the TV in the adjacent room.

The lighting in the room was poor, a mixture of cool white and daylight colours. The engineer should read the boxes of the compact fluorescent lamps and try to keep them uniform.

I asked for some ice and some more clothes hangers about 6.30pm. It took over 30 minutes to deliver them to the room.

The hotel bar seemed pleasant and the restaurant adequate. The location of the hotel was good.

The car park below was very handy and reasonable too.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled on business
1  Thank KennyLarkin
Reviewed September 21, 2009

only sayed for 2 nigts. The room was modern, nothng too fancy. Would benifit from balconies. Staff were freindly, but not too helpful. the resturant was very nice. Great dinner and breakfast. Room service was also very efficient.

No complaints, however it is nothing over the top special.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank JohnnoWesterly
Reviewed May 31, 2009

Paid for delux spa room. Room smelt musty, pool out of order, spa has no hot water, curtousy bus-only available if you book, although don't bother booking-no staff available to take you anywhere. No customer service, staff were rude and not helpful. Any and every "complometry" service was not available or forgotten.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank lyshy
Reviewed May 6, 2009

I found the Sebel completely overpriced for the location... We stayed in the "Deluxe Spa Suite"... Which is their top room... Where to start... The room smelt damp... There were dead bugs all over the bed and hairs in the spa bath... The towels were dirty...and finally the breakfast was less than desirable. I paid for this room what you would pay for a room in the city with amazing views... I would recommend people do their homework before choosing this location.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Liv B
Reviewed March 17, 2009

A large group of us regularly stay at The Sebel in Parramatta due to its close proximity to the shopping, cafes and restaurants. Reception staff are always very helpful and the prices is good. The only negative thing is the tight entrance to the underground carpark

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled on business