Stayed here in April/May on business for 10 days. Due to the length of stay I had the family with me so we stayed in a King suite and also had other family members join us in a second room for a week. Reservations staff were extremely efficient prior to arrival due to my complicated bookings (Mia I think). The day after paying in advance I noticed a significant deal and she was able to ensure we benefited from this. Left a positive feeling which more than compensated for some of the minor issues. Walked down from Parramatta Railway station and it took less than 10 minutes (mostly downhill). I'm a Gold Advantage Plus member so was allowed to check in early and was also given a drink voucher. Reception staff were consistently helpful and efficient. The King Suite is great if you have young children and even with a cot and the lounge bed there was plenty of room. We had sick children and a broken glass in the room during our stay and the housekeeping staff were very helpful and efficient. On the downside I can echo other comments that there seems to be a hotel wide issue with the televisions. Ours was black and white the entire ten day stay with the occasional brief return to colour and seemed to have connection issues. I reported this on the first day and then filled out a maintenance form on the second day. The staff did try to rectify it both times but it dropped out again soon after. Was not a huge problem as we had a second TV in the suite. The clothes line in the second bathroom was broken and we reported this and staff took clear steps to have it replaced. We did like the bath salt tablets which were in the suite as you don't see this often. Room was comfortable and clean although we had a limited view (but can't fault hotel for that). We had dinner for 4 adults in the two forks restaurant for dinner one night using our card and all of us agreed it was exceptional. The girl serving provided activity packs for the kids which was appreciated. We had breakfast in the restaurant every day for 10 days and it was of a good standard and enjoyable (the Muppets promotion and juicer were nice touches). However I agree with other comments that the venue and staff were overwhelmed at times (I've worked in the industry for 30 years). the glasses and coffee cups were running out regularly and this indicates that the shortage of staff was not limited to front of house but also in the kitchen. Once there were so many people trying to eat that staff assembled a trestle table especially for us (which was great). Due to the open layout of the restaurant we also noticed a few people sneaking in without paying/providing their room details which might be contributing to the capacity issues. Overall we had an excellent stay and the helpful staff more than made up for the minor issues in the room and the location is exceptional being in close proximity to numerous restaurants and drinking holes and across the road from a park (we frequented the Royal Oak Hotel, Bavarian Beer Café and Rodicas to name a few). Would stay here again
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover the exciting and diverse location of the 4.5 star Novotel Sydney Parramatta! Located in the cosmopolitan restaurant and bar precinct of Parramatta, this internationally branded hotel offers 194 accommodation rooms and caters to both the corporate or leisure traveller alike. After enjoying a relaxed day out with friends or a long day at the office, retire to your home away from home and be greeted by a friendly smile in the warm ambience of our Parramatta Hotel. Tantalise your taste buds in the hotel's Two Forks Restaurant and Bar serving modern Australian cuisine. If you are feeling energetic, why not take advantage of the extensive leisure & parking facilities and treat yourself to a dip in the hotel's heated pool and spa. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with ACCOR, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Agoda, Travelocity, Priceline, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Novotel Sydney Parramatta reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Sebel Parramatta Hotel Parramatta
- The Sebel Hotel Parramatta