“Another stay at Novotel Parramatta”

Ranked #7 of 12 Hotels in Parramatta
Reviewed December 2, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel on several occasions and have found this excellent in the service and the friendliness and helpfulness of the staff. I would recommend this hotel to anyone staying around this area.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
Michael D, General Manager at Novotel Sydney Parramatta, responded to this reviewResponded December 4, 2013

Dear John C,

Thank you so much for your positive comments over all you stays at the hotel. It is very encouraging for the team to read these comments.

We at the hotel appreciate 'constructive' feedback from all guests and the genuine opportunity to communicate whilst staying most importantly and like in your case post several stays. Your comments put a smile on several of my team members faces this morning and I personally thank you for that.

Novotel Sydney Parramatta

Write a ReviewReviews (1,050)

Reviewed November 30, 2013

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
Michael D, General Manager at Novotel Sydney Parramatta, responded to this reviewResponded December 2, 2013

Reviewed November 28, 2013

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed November 27, 2013

With the window shut, the air conditioner made an awful noise which remained that way despite my complaints. With the windows open, the local Parramatta drunk choir rehearsals outside my window remained a feature of my 4 night stay. Impossible to have a good night of sleep. Breakfast was nothing special. I was told that there were no quite rooms!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank GingerTamworth

Dear Gingertamworth,

Thank you for taking the time to write about you poor experience. This is not something we enjoy hearing and to add to that to hear that someone said 'we do not have quite rooms' is factually incorrect. Rooms in the Parramatta precinct will have noise if windows are open as we cannot control general noise. The issue here is rectifying the air-conditioner as the original problem. We have individual air-conditioners for each room allowing personal control and comfort.

Could you please send me a private message with your contact details so I can ensure this is rectified for all guests as well as having the opportunity of discussing this further with you.

Reviewed November 27, 2013

The room was of decent size and very clean. We had to chase up 2 items both of which we were told would be sent to our room and they were not. 1 of which we never got in the end anyway. Very noisy from music of a function and loud people in corridor, which in turn kept us awake most of the night. This the affected our daughters ability to perform her National Physical Culture competition to the best of her ability as she was yawning her little head off during her routine due to being tired. Which we were not at all happy about considering that is the reason we stayed so we didn't have to get up so early in the morning so she could get the maximum amount of rest.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family

Dear Bec422

Your rooms have just finished refurbishment a few months ago and are looking great with the colours and design. All of this is nice but if you cannot sleep well it takes away from your entire experience and for this I am sorry. With all our guests we want to ensure a relaxing stay and I wish we had the opportunity on that night to rectify the issue for you.

Please do not hesitate to contact me directly at the hotel as I would like to look after you for your next stay and ensure a great night’s sleep for all your family.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
Michael D, General Manager at Novotel Sydney Parramatta, responded to this reviewResponded December 1, 2013

Reviewed November 24, 2013

The location in Parramatta is good. Close to Church St Restaurants and Westfield is only 15 minutes away. There is a free green council bus with a bus stop close by where you can catch the bus for free to Westfield.

Checkin was nice enough. The staff on the front counter where friendly but didn't really make small talk.

I checked into my room 1013 the room was nice enough but VERY DARK this tiny little window. Which would not have even measured a meter. As per other comments the AC is very loud.

The bathroom was big and the tub was huge. The mini bar did not have a huge selection. It was odd there was a bottle opener yet no wine? No wine glasses however I had 6 standard water glasses which seemed odd.

I went to the bar on the Saturday night and I wanted at the counter for 10 minutes for somebody to serve me. Considering there was a function going on in the ballroom I would have thought they would have had the bar staffed.

I pre-booked breakfast yet when I got to the restaurant they had to ring to confirm if I had breakfast included or not. There was all theses table established in groups I was flying solo so did not feel comfortable in taking a table for 6 when i was by myself there was 5 other tables that were either 2 or 3 seaters however they were flithy I had to request for them to be cleaned and the woman did not seem that friendly to accomodate me when I requested this.

I was then seated a table that was wobbly and my coffee spilt everywhere. Breakfast was nothing to rave about $20 pre booked or $28 on the morning. Highly overrated. The fresh pancake machine was nice though.

Time to checkout. Clearly the guy serving me was new or just simply couldnt be bothered no smile no did you enjoy your stay. Nothing. So much for customer service.

Then the nice little surpise of checking my bank account to find that I had been charged twice for my room. When I called to advise them I was told that yes the guy had but he had corrected it. It would have been nice to actually be told when I was still at the checkout counter instead of finding out myself.

Terrible service. Would not recommend this place at all.

Room Tip: Request a room with a full window not a little triangle
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank kelly s

Dear Kelly S

Please firstly allow me to apologise for you recent stay it sounded terrible from start to end on several levels. We have meet with all the departments concerned and reviewed your comments in detail to ascertain and make sure we do not have a repeat of your events. If you would like to get in contact with me either by direct private email on Tripadvisor or calling the hotel direct I would like the opportunity to discuss this further with you.