My stay at the Carlton started out ok, but I got terribly sick and everything from that point was a huge disappointment and shock on how we were treated.
The room was quite nice and spacious - we had a view of the road at the front which was nice (last time I stayed here I had a view of the back roof and the room was considerably smaller). The pool area is not up to scratch and needs some maintenance and a good clean, however is a nice touch for the area if you have a family. The gym is very old fashioned however would be great as it was almost always empty.
Location-wise it is good - especially if you are going to the theatre nearby but it is a fair distance to the main shopping area surrounding Westfield (if that is your main reason for staying!).
In the middle of our last night I got terribly ill (let's just say the bathroom got a good work-out!). I was unable to walk a metre without being sick and I have never ever been that ill before in my whole life (sorry for the details but I just wanted to give you an idea!).
Anyway check out time came (I didn't want to risk moving before this!) and we went to reception. I was unable to even keep down a sip of water so my partner asked for directions to the hospital. They seemed extremely annoyed and impatient that we were asking questions and were not helpful at all. He then asked whether we could have an ice-cream container or something similar from the kitchen (something they would throw away) so I could have a 'bucket' to catch anything on the way. They flatly refused and denied they had anything I could use at all - not even a plastic bag. My partner asked them to ask the manager or kitchen, and again they refused and said they could not help. Obviously we were checking out so they didn't care anymore - not their problem.
Anyway I ended up in hospital for 12 hours on two drips to re-hydrate me so I definetely was sick. The whole episode and their disgusting attitude has assured me that I will never ever return the hotel - and would suggest there are many better options in Parramatta for the traveller. I was very disappointed.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover the exciting and diverse location of the 4.5 star Novotel Sydney Parramatta! Located in the cosmopolitan restaurant and bar precinct of Parramatta, this internationally branded hotel offers 194 accommodation rooms and caters to both the corporate or leisure traveller alike. After enjoying a relaxed day out with friends or a long day at the office, retire to your home away from home and be greeted by a friendly smile in the warm ambience of our Parramatta Hotel. Tantalise your taste buds in the hotel's Two Forks Restaurant and Bar serving modern Australian cuisine. If you are feeling energetic, why not take advantage of the extensive leisure & parking facilities and treat yourself to a dip in the hotel's heated pool and spa. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Orbitz, Booking.com, Agoda, Travelocity, Expedia, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Novotel Sydney Parramatta reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Sebel Parramatta Hotel Parramatta
- The Sebel Hotel Parramatta