“Small rooms but very comfortable..Away frm the hustle-bustle”

Holiday Inn Parramatta
Ranked #7 of 12 Hotels in Parramatta
Mumbai (Bombay), India
“Small rooms but very comfortable..Away frm the hustle-bustle”
Reviewed January 21, 2014

I stayed here thanks to a package booking with Virgin Australia. If youve stayed at other Holiday Inns then you would be greeted by that same aroma. Front office is pretty quick. Rooms are a bit small. Its not too far from the parramatta Station (5-8 mins walk). Airport is far but even if you have luggage you can still take the train (Change at central) and then take any train to Hornsby. I guess it comes on Platform 17/18. There are restaurants close by. Well .. best part .. theres an Irish pub... where you can sip on your Guinness or your Beamish stout.

Bed are a bit soft and would definitely need improvement. They do have enough choice of pillows.I liked the place and would definitely recommend.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Yesh M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Parramatta, responded to this review, January 28, 2014
Hi DamnTimeShare

Thank you for your patronage, I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your overall stay at Holiday Inn Parramatta.

Your comments and feedback are very much appreciated as it will be utilised as part of our ongoing commitment to delivering a greater guest experience.

Yesh Mudaliar

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed January 14, 2014

I’ve stayed at this hotel twice now, but this is my 1st review for them. To me, it's only fair to talk about the 1st time there because now that I've been there, they remember me and all became like family to me.

The 1st time walking in I was shocked, I've been to multiple Holiday Inns in the US and England so coming to a Holiday Inn in Parramatta (not even Sydney) I expected the same old decor and typical look. Walking into this hotel, the lobby and restaurant is refurbished to look nothing like a typical holiday inn. It's well lit and looks more luxurious and modern than any other Holiday Inn I've been to (and most Hiltons). The staff greeted me and was very accommodating to the fact that I just spent 20 hours flying and wanted a shower and change of clothes. I came up to my room and was surprised to see how everything was clean and spacious, even for a king bedroom (non-suite). From that point on, it was the routine of work and eventually seeing the staff day after day, they remembered my name as I was walking back in from work or going out to eat. Natasha and Sam would always ask me how my day was, where I ate, and gave me suggestions for restaurants that I might like. David and Marion were bartending so I always went over to stop and have a drink before going back up and while talking to them, both of them felt more like family or close friends than hotel staff. If I had laundry done at the hotel, it was always in my room waiting for me unless I had the Do not Disturb sign on. Then I’d just go downstairs and they’d have someone bring it up to me. In the morning, I wouldn’t eat breakfast but always get a coffee. Nigel, Chiara, or Johnnie would always greet me with my coffee and friendly small talk. All the people there went out of their way to make me feel like I was home, which is appreciative since we stay at these hotels for a month at a time.

For the hotel and its location, it’s not right on the Church St. strip with all the restaurants but is an equal walk any other hotel in terms of the Westfield mall or trains to get to Sydney. It’s about a 5-10 minute walk to any restaurant on the strip and right next to PJ’s for those nights you don’t want to venture out. The restaurant in the hotel is equal to any other restaurant in Parramatta, the food is great and the service is better since they frequently come around to make sure your drinks are full and happy with the meal.

I frequent Parramatta about 3 times a year and always look forward to coming back to this hotel. We’ve had other team members stay at the other hotels and apartments and every time we go over to visit and notice they don’t get the same reception as we do at Holiday Inn. I think Yesh, the GM at Holiday Inn, does a great job at training his staff and managing a high energy group of friendly staff to make people feel like they’re staying at a family member’s home instead of a hotel.

Room Tip: The best tip I could give to someone looking for a good room is be nice to the check-in desk staff a...
Dear Bob C

Thank you for your wonderful feedback, we are delighted that have you found staying at Holiday Inn Parramatta very comfortable and personable as we strive to offer a personalised and hospitable service at all times.

The team are encourage to engage with all our guests as a way of ensuring guests have a relaxing stay. I have shared your comments with the team and commended them for their efforts.

We too enjoy having a chat with you and seeing you at the hotel. From the team at Holiday Inn Parramatta, thank you again and see you soon.

Chesterfield, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 14, 2014

As a Priority Club member I was upgraded to a Spa suite and it was wonderful, it just enforces why I choose to stay in the IHG hotels. The room was clean and spacious and the rest of the hotel was great too. It is well located for the City Centre and is well worth booking a room here. The breakfasts too are fantastic and very filling. Thanks to all the staff here as it was a wonderful visit

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Hi tetuan22s

Thank you for being a loyal IHG Rewards member and for choosing to stay at Holiday Inn Parramatta. We do our utmost to ensure all our guests in particular our IHG Rewards have a memorable experience.

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Reviewed January 13, 2014

Here I am again writing yet another lengthy review of this fabulous hotel. I traveled internationally 80% of 2013 and this is yet again my favorite hotel in the entire world (yes, the entire world). I am away from my family and friends for 4 weeks at a time when I am traveling for business; however this is the only hotel that makes me forget about all of that! I have stayed at this hotel many times and each visit is more perfect than the last (if that is even possible)!!
This hotel is in an amazing location! Westfield Mall is about 3 blocks away which makes for a very convenient walk to grab just about anything you need!! There are also more restaurants than I could ever try in a 28 day trip! After a long day at the office, there is nothing better than throwing on some walking shoes and grabbing dinner at one of MANY MANY MANY local restaurants nearby. Just about anything you could want to eat or drink is in walking distance. If you aren’t in the mood to walk far, PJ’s Irish Pub is RIGHT across the street…and the hotel restaurant is delicious as well!!
Nothing beats the cleanliness of the hotel!! I have yet to find even a speck of dust on any surface of the entire hotel!! The housekeeping staff is absolutely wonderful!! Laundry service is prompt and impressive! As long as my laundry was turned in before I left for work in the morning at 7:30am, it was on my bed waiting for me when I returned from the office! The laundry service they use is wonderful for putting up with the very particular directions I leave for them!!
I was greeted by Ron at check in. This man is the PERFECT mix of professional and funny! He acknowledged my platinum status and thanked me for being and IHG member right away. Since suites were available, I was able to get an upgrade with my platinum status. This was the perfect start to my day after a rough 17 hour flight next to a toddler in coach! There was not one day during this 4 week stay that Ron did not stop over to check on myself and my team. He was always ensuring that the drinks, food, and service were nothing less than perfect!! He is the guy that does more than just his job. You can tell that he loves what he does and actually cares how the customers are doing! Amazing guy!!
My team and I decided to eat breakfast right after check in. I turn around just in time to see one of my favorite people in the world-Nigel!! I don't care how much you hate mornings....have the slightest bit of interaction with Nigel and your day will be so much better!!! He is so kind, funny, and a MASTER at customer service! Every single morning he asks me if I need anything even though he knows I never do. I don't regularly eat breakfast but I make it a point to eat when I am at this hotel because of the staff!! He is definitely a group favorite! In addition to Nigel, I really enjoy morning smiles and "good mornings" from Chiara, Daniel, and Samir! The service and attention to detail is always impeccable. My only complaint about the breakfast is that Johnnie was on his honeymoon for the majority of my trip so I missed out on some amazing conversation!! :-)
I’ve eaten dinner at the hotel restaurant before but not enough to confirm that the food and service were consistent. I am pleased to report that this visit was different. During our first dinner there (hosted by the General Manager Yesh), we had the luxury and pleasure of being served by David. My wine and water glasses were not empty once during a dinner that ended up being 4 hours long! He is amazingly entertaining and professional. He knew every detail of the food and beverage offerings. He was also able to give amazing suggestions based off of my preferences! After dinner and drinks another night, we practically begged David to have a chat with us after his shift ended. We were very lucky to get to know this man a little more!! While off the clock, he was still making sure drinks were full and everybody was happy. He is definitely one of my favorite people there!! In addition to David’s amazing service, the group has always enjoyed being served by Marion! She is very sweet and amazing with details-I tend to be a little high maintenance with my orders!! She was always attentive and genuinely interested in our comfort at the restaurant and its offerings! Another group favorite!!
With all the great service we receive in the dining room at this hotel, I was terribly interested in meeting the man in charge of these lovely people. I got my wish and had the pleasure of meeting Glenn during this visit. He was always friendly and attentive and after working 9 years in the service industry, I can confidently say that there is not much better than working for a manager that works just as hard as the staff! Every day I saw him checking the breakfast buffet to ensure quality and cleaning tables without even thinking twice. This shows true leadership and that he actually cares how his restaurant is running! All around, very very very impressive restaurant quality and staff and it is very clear that this is due to the amazing management!
Another group of people I love to talk about is the front desk staff!! This amazing group of people is so attentive, professional, and enjoyable. This group has to put up with my group the most and for that, we are so grateful for their patience (especially after a couple bottles of wine)!! The entire group knows the Parramatta area well and can help with driving directions and delicious restaurant suggestions! One of my favorites since my very first visit is Natasha! This girl is so bubbly and full of energy that she makes me tired!! This little fireball always keeps the conversation entertaining!! She is always willing to urgently fulfill any request that we have! I had the pleasure of having breakfast with her before I left. She is such a lovely girl and I am always so happy to see her!!! Samantha and Hannah are also absolutely amazing!!!!! They are always attentive and eager to please! We really enjoy our late night chats with these girls! Getting to know these women really makes me forget about everything I am missing at home! Hannah fixed a small discrepancy on my hotel bill in about 3 minutes without any questions asked! I also love how straight forward she is! The confidence in her position is wonderful and comforting! Samantha is also amazing at what she does. She doesn’t miss a beat anytime we have an odd request or a general inquiry! She’s very sweet and I always enjoy our chats!
Everything written in this review was made possible by the amazing, genuine, professional, and brilliant General Manager, Yesh. There is nobody in this world that cares more about customer satisfaction than this man. My group had the pleasure of being invited to a dinner hosted by Yesh in the hotel restaurant. We felt like royalty that we were treated to such an amazing dinner! After 4 hours, I was finally able to figure this guy out!! His passion for customer service is honorable. There was not one request that was left unfulfilled! After getting settled in my room, I received a call from Yesh confirming that the state of my room was sufficient. Any other hotel manager would allocate such tasks to another staff member. Yesh likes to be on the front lines of the hotel operations and does an amazing job of keeping personal relationships with the guests. In fact, when I find out that my travels are taking me back to the Parramatta Holiday Inn, I email Yesh in excitement before I even book the room! I attended a few cocktail hours hosted by Yesh and it’s so lovely to sit and chat with him about our day at the office. He shows genuine interest in my industry and this is what puts him ahead of all other hotel managers. Instead of putting in a standard 8-10 hours and going home, Yesh chooses to stay so he can interact with the business clientele after returning from the office. His knowledge of the hospitality industry is impressive!! I hope this staff understands how lucky they are to have Yesh as their leader. My team is truly grateful for this man and all that he does to make us feel welcome and comfortable.
It doesn’t matter how long my review is…words truly cannot express the love and gratitude we have for the Holiday Inn-Parramatta. Other hotels can learn something from the way Yesh and his staff gracefully operate this beautiful establishment. Once again, this hotel has “ruined” every other hotel for me! Nobody can make me as happy as this staff does! Other hotels just don’t even compare. Period. I cannot wait to return next month! Thanks for all you do, everyone!!

Room Tip: All rooms in this hotel are clean, beautiful, spacious, and comfortable!!
Hi jaclyn e

Thank you for your continuous patronage and also for the positive sentiments of Holiday Inn Parramatta.

The team and I are delighted to hear that you continue to experience the high level of personalised service that you encountered from your first stay with us, at the end of the day hotels are just buildings, it our interactions that guests remember and choose to return.

Once again thank and we all look forward to seeing you at Holiday Inn Parramatta, your home away from home very soon.

Racine, Wisconsin
Reviewed January 9, 2014

The staff is very friendly and accomodating. The general manager, Yesh, takes the time to greet guests and this cascades to the other employees. The hotel is a few blocks from and indoor mall and within walking distance of a wide variety of restaurants and shops. I travel to the Sydney area several times per year and this is the only hotel I consider. Great job!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Yesh M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Parramatta, responded to this review, January 14, 2014
Dear Gary V

Thank you for your delightful comments from your recent stay at Holiday Inn Parramatta. I am pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay and found the location of our hotel convenient.

Please feel free to contact me on +61 2 9891 1277 to arrange your next stay.

Sun Prairie, Wisconsin
Reviewed January 7, 2014

Almost all of the staff here at the hotel are some of the most pleasant and caring people I've ever met in my travels to different hotels and using different brands. After the first couple days and the first few interactions with the front desk and restaurant/bar people, they knew my name and were always extremely friendly and welcoming, especially Natasha from the front desk and David and Nigel from the restaurant/bar. This type of personal and attentive service can be seen as coming from the General Manager of the hotel, Yesh, who I had the opportunity to meet and chat with a few times during my stay. Yesh was also extremely friendly and welcoming and you could tell he sets the tone for how well run this hotel is.

My platinum status was well recognized by being upgraded to a king suite room for the entirety of my 4 week stay and being given a wine and cheese tray upon arrival as well.

The restaurant serves outstanding food for dinner and the prices were surprisingly competitive for a hotel with most of the other full service restaurants in the area on Church Street and near the Westfield mall. Breakfast is also served in the hotel's restaurant, but isn't quite as good as dinner as the hot food selections for breakfast are a bit limited. The fresh fruit and pastry spread is impressive, but I wish there had been a few more hot breakfast options like waffles or pancakes on a consistent basis.

The overall location of the hotel is excellent if you are looking to save money and not pay the high prices of in and around Sydney. The train station and ferry wharf are each only a few blocks away and easily walkable to get into the heart of Sydney for less than 10 dollars.

I will definitely stay at this hotel again when in the Sydney area and would suggest that anyone looking for a quality hotel at a great price consider staying here as well for their future travels.

1 Thank ConnZag3
Hi ConnZag3

Thank you for your patronage and positive sentiments of Holiday Inn Parramatta, it is very pleasing to read that you had a memorable stay with us.

At Holiday Inn our priority is our guests and we strive to deliver a personalised service on each occasion thus it is very rewarding that you experienced this during your 4 weeks stay with us.

Your feedback has been shared amongst the team and we now look forward to welcoming you back. Natasha, Nigel and David also send their regards

Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed January 3, 2014

Nice hotel located in Parramatta, close to the shopping centres and opposite to an Irish Pub. The room I stayed in was nice and comfortable. The restaurant, although pricy, was excellent. If you are staying here for business and want a good rest, it would be worth checking to see where your room is located (I experienced a bit of noise from the pub and the street below).

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Dear Vincent_82Australia

Thank you for your patronage and feedback. I am delighted that you enjoyed your overall stay with us. Thank you also for highlighting the noise which you unfortunately experienced as it will assist me to inform the management of the venue.