“Unrivaled Staff and Service”

Holiday Inn Parramatta
Ranked #7 of 11 Hotels in Parramatta
Sun Prairie, Wisconsin
“Unrivaled Staff and Service”
Reviewed January 7, 2014

Almost all of the staff here at the hotel are some of the most pleasant and caring people I've ever met in my travels to different hotels and using different brands. After the first couple days and the first few interactions with the front desk and restaurant/bar people, they knew my name and were always extremely friendly and welcoming, especially Natasha from the front desk and David and Nigel from the restaurant/bar. This type of personal and attentive service can be seen as coming from the General Manager of the hotel, Yesh, who I had the opportunity to meet and chat with a few times during my stay. Yesh was also extremely friendly and welcoming and you could tell he sets the tone for how well run this hotel is.

My platinum status was well recognized by being upgraded to a king suite room for the entirety of my 4 week stay and being given a wine and cheese tray upon arrival as well.

The restaurant serves outstanding food for dinner and the prices were surprisingly competitive for a hotel with most of the other full service restaurants in the area on Church Street and near the Westfield mall. Breakfast is also served in the hotel's restaurant, but isn't quite as good as dinner as the hot food selections for breakfast are a bit limited. The fresh fruit and pastry spread is impressive, but I wish there had been a few more hot breakfast options like waffles or pancakes on a consistent basis.

The overall location of the hotel is excellent if you are looking to save money and not pay the high prices of in and around Sydney. The train station and ferry wharf are each only a few blocks away and easily walkable to get into the heart of Sydney for less than 10 dollars.

I will definitely stay at this hotel again when in the Sydney area and would suggest that anyone looking for a quality hotel at a great price consider staying here as well for their future travels.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank ConnZag3
Yesh M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Parramatta, responded to this review, January 14, 2014
Hi ConnZag3

Thank you for your patronage and positive sentiments of Holiday Inn Parramatta, it is very pleasing to read that you had a memorable stay with us.

At Holiday Inn our priority is our guests and we strive to deliver a personalised service on each occasion thus it is very rewarding that you experienced this during your 4 weeks stay with us.

Your feedback has been shared amongst the team and we now look forward to welcoming you back. Natasha, Nigel and David also send their regards

Yesh Mudaliar

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed January 3, 2014

Nice hotel located in Parramatta, close to the shopping centres and opposite to an Irish Pub. The room I stayed in was nice and comfortable. The restaurant, although pricy, was excellent. If you are staying here for business and want a good rest, it would be worth checking to see where your room is located (I experienced a bit of noise from the pub and the street below).

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Dear Vincent_82Australia

Thank you for your patronage and feedback. I am delighted that you enjoyed your overall stay with us. Thank you also for highlighting the noise which you unfortunately experienced as it will assist me to inform the management of the venue.

Canberra
Reviewed January 3, 2014 via mobile

Have stayed here previously, before it became it became a Holiday Inn. Typical Holiday Inn standard with clean and reasonably spacious room. Our room was quiet and overlooked the back of the hotel. Breakfast was nice. Close to Westfield shops and train

Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Hi Swissie

Thank you for your feedback. I am delighted that you and your family enjoyed our hospitality and found the location of Holiday Inn Parramatta convenient.

Hong Kong, China
Reviewed December 27, 2013

I had a pleasant stay at the holiday inn. The staff was very accommodating.
Located near the station and relatively close to the ferry pier, it was easy to commute.
I didn't had the chance to dine at the restaurant but the breakfast buffet was good !

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Yesh M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Parramatta, responded to this review, December 30, 2013
Hi Hetbellz

Thank you for your patronage and for the time taken in providing your feedback.

It is certainly very pleasing to read that you enjoyed our hospitality and services. Guests are often complimenting us on our location as it appeals to both the business and leisure traveller.

Thank you again and keep Holiday Inn in mind for your next stay.

Reviewed December 19, 2013

Check in was quick. Room was clean and very comfortable. Breakfast was fresh and well presented, altho I would like to see either individual yoghurts as this way I can see what type and flavour the yoghurt is. All staff we came in contact with were very friendly. The only small issue I had was there was no ice cube tray or hair dryer in our room. What I loved about the holiday inn was how convenient it is to westfields and the train station.
The bed and pillows were amazingly comfortable. And considering how close it is to the main roads it was very quiet. I would definately stay here again.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Hi Donna T

Thank you for choosing to stay at Holiday Inn Parramatta and for your feedback. I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay and in particular had a great sleeping experience.

Your comments have been noted and I am pleased to advise that ice is provided complimentary through our hotel room service and all guest rooms have hair dryers located in the wardrobe.

Once again thank you and we look forward to welcoming you back to Holiday Inn Parramatta in the near future.

NSW Australia
Reviewed December 8, 2013

We really enjoyed staying here. The rooms have been redone and are quite comfortable and clean. We were fortunate enough to redeem rewards points and receive a free night's accommodation - and the staff were professional, pleasant and welcoming. We particularly enjoyed the restaurant - the food was amazing! Highly recommend the Buffet breakfast, one of the best we have had in a long time - food was fresh, and staff were available to replenish hot foods in a timely manner. We will definitely come back, it really was a lovely stay.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Yesh M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Parramatta, responded to this review, December 17, 2013
Hi Ducati_Girl848

Thank you for your patronage and feedback from you recent stay. I am delighted that you enjoyed our hospitality and services, your comments have been shared with the team, in particular with our Food and Beverage team members as we are committed on providing quality service with freshly prepared produce.

Please keep Holiday Inn mind for your next stay.

Seasons Greetings
Salt Lake City, Utah
Reviewed November 20, 2013

I was not recognized as a Platinum Rewards member and when I asked do you do anything for members the front desk snapped at me and stated that they gave me free internet. I talked with 3 different front desk members on 3 separate occasions just asking general questions and they were snappy, short toned, quick and rude to me. I watched them interact with other guests and they were nicer. I read all the other reviews about others getting upgraded to bettter rooms etc. Please don't be fooled about some of the reviews. The rooms are very basic, dated and basically a dump. You get what you pay for. I do not recommend this hotel if you are African American or a Platinum Rewards member or both. I will never stay here again and has advised everyone in my company as I worked for a huge transportation organization. Get your Customer Service Skills together Holiday Inn Parramatta.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
5 Thank FlynPenny
Yesh M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Parramatta, responded to this review, November 26, 2013
Dear FlynPenny

Thank you for your feedback from your recent stay with us. Please rest assured Holiday Inn Parramatta strives to give all our guests a memorable experience, in particular our loyal IHG Reward members therefore I am very disappointed to read that you did not enjoy your stay with us.

Thank you also for replying directly to me. As mentioned I will undertake a review of your stay and the concerns you have highlighted as part of the hotel’s commitment to continuous improvement.