“Very comfortable”

Holiday Inn Parramatta
Ranked #6 of 12 Hotels in Parramatta
Reviewed December 19, 2013

Check in was quick. Room was clean and very comfortable. Breakfast was fresh and well presented, altho I would like to see either individual yoghurts as this way I can see what type and flavour the yoghurt is. All staff we came in contact with were very friendly. The only small issue I had was there was no ice cube tray or hair dryer in our room. What I loved about the holiday inn was how convenient it is to westfields and the train station.
The bed and pillows were amazingly comfortable. And considering how close it is to the main roads it was very quiet. I would definately stay here again.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Yesh M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Parramatta, responded to this reviewResponded December 30, 2013

Hi Donna T

Thank you for choosing to stay at Holiday Inn Parramatta and for your feedback. I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay and in particular had a great sleeping experience.

Your comments have been noted and I am pleased to advise that ice is provided complimentary through our hotel room service and all guest rooms have hair dryers located in the wardrobe.

Once again thank you and we look forward to welcoming you back to Holiday Inn Parramatta in the near future.

Reviewed December 8, 2013

We really enjoyed staying here. The rooms have been redone and are quite comfortable and clean. We were fortunate enough to redeem rewards points and receive a free night's accommodation - and the staff were professional, pleasant and welcoming. We particularly enjoyed the restaurant - the food was amazing! Highly recommend the Buffet breakfast, one of the best we have had in a long time - food was fresh, and staff were available to replenish hot foods in a timely manner. We will definitely come back, it really was a lovely stay.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Yesh M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Parramatta, responded to this reviewResponded December 17, 2013

Hi Ducati_Girl848

Thank you for your patronage and feedback from you recent stay. I am delighted that you enjoyed our hospitality and services, your comments have been shared with the team, in particular with our Food and Beverage team members as we are committed on providing quality service with freshly prepared produce.

Please keep Holiday Inn mind for your next stay.

Seasons Greetings

Reviewed November 20, 2013

I was not recognized as a Platinum Rewards member and when I asked do you do anything for members the front desk snapped at me and stated that they gave me free internet. I talked with 3 different front desk members on 3 separate occasions just asking general questions and they were snappy, short toned, quick and rude to me. I watched them interact with other guests and they were nicer. I read all the other reviews about others getting upgraded to bettter rooms etc. Please don't be fooled about some of the reviews. The rooms are very basic, dated and basically a dump. You get what you pay for. I do not recommend this hotel if you are African American or a Platinum Rewards member or both. I will never stay here again and has advised everyone in my company as I worked for a huge transportation organization. Get your Customer Service Skills together Holiday Inn Parramatta.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
5  Thank FlynPenny
Yesh M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Parramatta, responded to this reviewResponded November 26, 2013

Dear FlynPenny

Thank you for your feedback from your recent stay with us. Please rest assured Holiday Inn Parramatta strives to give all our guests a memorable experience, in particular our loyal IHG Reward members therefore I am very disappointed to read that you did not enjoy your stay with us.

Thank you also for replying directly to me. As mentioned I will undertake a review of your stay and the concerns you have highlighted as part of the hotel’s commitment to continuous improvement.

Reviewed November 20, 2013

I was pleasantly surprised by the consistent quality of this hotel, for the quick and pleasant check-in, the easy parking and the quiet and spacious room.

I didn't use other facilities, but they looked to be of good consistent quality too.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Patrick_Keogh
Yesh M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Parramatta, responded to this reviewResponded November 24, 2013

Dear Patrick Keogh

Thank you for your review of Holiday Inn Parramatta. It is great to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you found your room to be comfortable.

Please keep Holiday Inn Parramatta for your next visit to Sydney.

Reviewed November 19, 2013

From the minute I arrived (late night), I was treated as a valued guest. Having stayed at hotels for over 100 nights this year and with IHG Platinum status, the hotel offered me a complimentary upgrade without me having to ask- a first for Holiday Inn for me. The staff were polite, helpful and friendly.

The room was clean, the bed comfortable, water hot and parking easy to access. The restaurant dinner was great (having worked in hotels, I know that some hotel restaurants can be average). Breakfast was fine although not quite to the usual very high standards that I am used to at IHG group hotels- maybe because it was later in the morning and they were getting ready to close.

I was charged for breakfast even though it was included in the rate- when I mentioned this to reception they were very quick to rectify the problem- doing it with a smile- a rarity these days. I can only presume that when the room was upgraded the breakfast rate code was not transferred. Mistakes can happen and the way in which it was rectified is a credit to this hotel.

I am already looking forward to my next stay and am looking for a reason to work nearby again.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank traveltenSydney

Dear traveltenSydney

Thank you for your valuable feedback on your experience with the hotel. I am delighted that you enjoyed our hospitality and services.

It is also very pleasing to read that you had a great dining experience at our restaurant “Twenty One Fifty” during your stay with us and it further delights me that our staff were able to promptly assist and resolve your account issue on check out.

We look forward to hosting you again on your next visit to Sydney and once again thank you for your positive sentiments of Holiday Inn Parramatta.

Warm Regards

Reviewed November 8, 2013

My husband and I stayed with our teenage daughter and toddler son last weekend for 3 nights, from 2nd - 5th November. We phoned ahead on our way to confirm our booking and were told an upgraded room would be ready for us upon arrival (my husband is in the IHG Rewards Club). This was wonderful for us as it meant we had a separate bedroom that could be closed off when our little man went to bed early. Our room was neat, clean and spacious. We had two televisions and also a spa bath. I would say the bathrooms need an update, however they were very clean. Every staff member we came across was extremely friendly and helpful. We ate breakfast every morning in the restaurant and found it very high quality. We also had dinner there on the first night and we were very impressed with both the quality of the food and the service. One particular male waiter was very helpful and friendly towards our tired toddler. The other two nights we had 'nibble' foods in the lobby bar and also room service. We were extremely happy with both. The kids meals are free with a current promotion and very substantial!! I was also excited that the hotel had a bus transfer organised for the Beyonce concerts. My daughter and I attended on the Sunday night and this made travelling to and from Homebush safe and convenient. Overall, we were extremely impressed with our first visit to the Holiday Inn and we will definitely be back in the near future.

Room Tip: We stayed in the larger suite, this provided a spa and an extra television... this was a great optio...
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Danielle P
Yesh M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Parramatta, responded to this reviewResponded November 10, 2013

Hi Danielle P

Thank you very much for choosing Holiday Inn Parramatta and for your positive sentiments, which I have shared with the team.

It is great to hear that you enjoyed the upgrade to our Spa Suite and found it spacious and comfortable to relax in with your family, as our Spa Suites appeal to all guests whether travelling on business or leisure.

Your dining comments further delights our Food and Beverage teams us as we do strive to provide a memorable experience whilst providing quality selections with value for money.

Other guests that attended the Beyonce concert also shared your sentiment regarding the shuttle service and found it a hassle free form of transportation; I trust you and your daughter also enjoyed the concert.

Once again thank you and we look forward to welcoming you all back to Holiday Inn Parramatta.
Warm Regards

Reviewed November 1, 2013 via mobile

what a fantastic hotel. my mum, sister and I stayed here for beyonce (Friday November 1) and we were really pleased with the genuine friendliness of the staff and the quality of the room. we were also pleased to find out upon arrival that they offered a shuttle service to and from Olympic park where the concert was, and I imagine they offer this service for many Olympic park events which is really convenient. it was so good to weave through thousands of waiting and lost people to just hop on a bus and be delivered straight home. this is a 10/10 hotel, I will be staying here again and I would recommend this to anyone!

• Stayed: November 2013
1  Thank erinktaylor

Hi erinktaylor

Thank you for your review of Holiday Inn Parramatta. It’s great to read your positive comments particularly about the team’s friendliness and quality of the room. Furthermore I’m glad you were able to take advantage of the shuttle service and get to and from the concert without any hassle.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Kind Regards