“Would recommend”

Holiday Inn Parramatta
Ranked #6 of 12 Hotels in Parramatta
Reviewed October 23, 2013

Have stayed at this hotel on various occasions and have consistently found the staff to be very professional, trustworthy, friendly and provide a great service. The rooms have been very clean, tidy and comfortable. We would recommend to others.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Anthony and Est... F
Yesh M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Parramatta, responded to this reviewResponded November 3, 2013

Dear Anthony and Est… F

Thank you for your patronage and feedback on your regular stays with Holiday Inn Parramatta. It is pleasing to note that you have experienced the great customer service focus of our valuable staff. We look forward to your next visit with us.

Reviewed October 23, 2013

The Holiday Inn in Parramatta is celebrating it's First Birthday today, Congratulations.
I would like to pass on my complete recommendations to all trip advisor users.
I have stayed in this hotel every second week if not more for the past year and will be continuing to stay in this hotel in the future. It is extremely friendly, clean and welcoming.
I return every second week, if not more frequently, why would I do that if the standards were not exceptional?
Not only are the standards well maintained, the hotel is set in a quiet location, just off the busy main road and with in easy walking distance to the Town Centre, Shops and Dining.
Thoroughly recommended, Thank you to the team for a year's great stay in The Holiday Inn Parramatta .

Hi GBlairH

Thank you for your recommendation and kind words. Holiday Inn Parramatta is pleased to have reached the first birthday milestone and it is even more exciting to have repeat guests who continue to enjoy our product and services. Thank you for your support.

Reviewed October 23, 2013

I would like to thank and congratulate the management and staff of the Holiday Inn Parramatta for their excellent level of customer service.

On my recent stay staff were courteous and efficient in addressing my needs.

In today's world people are very quick to criticise; too few are quick to compliment and to show gratitude.

For me I say well done to the staff at Holiday Inn Parramatta and I look forward to my next stay!

Room Tip: Back of the hotel is my preference over looking the park.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business

Dear Pat A

It is lovely to hear that you enjoyed your stay with Holiday Inn Parramatta. It is also pleasing to note that our staff anticipated and met your needs. We look forward to hosting you again in the near future.

Reviewed October 22, 2013

Now and then I'm forced to stay at a particular property due to attending conferences that I wouldn't otherwise stay at, and it's at these times I need to remind myself to view it with the eye of someone who would generally use a chain of this caliber, not the eye of someone who generally stays at Virtuoso properties more often than not.

As the title suggests, this property was 'As expected', clean, run of the mill, good not great.

The rooms were clean if not a little bland, the bathrooms pokey but overall aside from the horrendous pillows which left me seeking out Westfield's on the second day to buy a pillow it was fine, no complaints.

If you're looking for a 3.5 star'ish property in the Parramatta area that is clean and comfortable, this one will serve you well.

- My overall rating of 3/5 was more due to the property being good but not very good, so was forced to scale it down rather than up.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Yesh M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Parramatta, responded to this reviewResponded October 23, 2013

Dear TravellerAgent

Thank you for selecting Holiday Inn Parramatta and for your valuable feedback. I am disappointed that you did have a great sleeping experience.

Please feel free to contact our reception team on your next visit, and we will certainly do our utmost to accommodate your pillow preference as guest comfort is our main priority.

Reviewed October 20, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for 3 days while attending a conference. I was impressed with the room & the reception staff when I arrived on Thursday. The service in the restaurant was sporadic & slow on Thursday night, on Friday night the group I was with had a different waiter who seemed more with the program. The reception staff on Sunday didn't seem to know what they were doing. I'd arranged a late check out & when my room key wouldn't work was told this was because I should have already checked out. Eventually they agreed I did have a late check out & gave me a replacement room key. The lifts were appalling - very slow & sometimes wouldn't register the floor you wanted to go to - several of my colleagues had the same problem. The bathroom in my room smelt of old drains even though the room was clean. I liked the room, however the smell of the bathroom was quite unpleasant.

1  Thank Jocelyn C
Yesh M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Parramatta, responded to this reviewResponded October 22, 2013

Dear Jocelyn C

Greetings from Sydney.

Thank you for patronage and providing us with your valuable feedback. Your comments have been discussed within the respective departments and will be certainly utilised as part of our ongoing committment of training staff and I extend my apologies on behalf of the hotel.

Our lift operations are currently being investigated and I am pleased to advise that the drainage issue has been rectified.

Once again thank you, together with hotel team we are very appreciative of your feedback.

Reviewed October 19, 2013

Stayed for a week and appreciated the good sleep, the cleanliness and space of the place. It is a chain and it is what you expect but it was still comfortable and good. The extras were pricey such as food, parking, internet but again this comes with the turf.

The area around the hotel means you can get most of what you want elsewhere and it is a decent suburb for that.
I wish the lifts were not awful (8 minutes wait was my record) and the stairs are not stairs to the lobby but proper fire exits, so you just have to wait. I also wish the alarm clocks / docking stations could be dimmed – most people I mentioned this to had covered them somehow like I did.

Good chain in a nice area though.

Hi bob_the_moo

Greetings from Sydney.

Thank you for choosing to stay at Holiday Inn Parramatta. It is great to read that you had a relaxing stay and enjoyed our hospitality.

I extend my apologies regarding the lift and am pleased to advise that our lift technicians are investigating this further. Your comments have also been sent to our Engineering Department in relation to dimming the docking station.

Thank you again, your business and feedback is very much appreciated.

Reviewed October 18, 2013

ripped off by charging us for the room but when we got in we found that they tried to charge us an extra 150 as a room deposit. Rang and was put through to someone in the Philippines and put us on hold for 45 mins and rang the motel twice.
was transferred four times and ran out of credit waiting to be transferred again. spoiled our entire weekend will never go back there again due to poor service.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank mroutdoorsy

Dear mroutdoorsy

I am disappointed that you did not have a great experience. I can advise that our after hours reservations team is based overseas however they do not have the authority to charge guest credit card, therefore I will appreciate it if you can please contact me directly on 02 9891 1277 so I may investigate this further.