Holiday Inn Parramatta
$57
  • Restaurant
Waldorf Parramatta Apartment Hotel(Rosehill)(Great Value!)
$89
$76
Meriton Suites Church Street, Parramatta(Parramatta)(Great Value!)
$62
Mantra Parramatta(Parramatta)(Great Value!)
$89
$85
Agoda.com
PARKROYAL Parramatta(Parramatta)(Great Value!)
$134
  • Restaurant
SKYE Hotel Suites(Parramatta)(Great Value!)
$133
$120
$72
Agoda.com
  • Pool
Meriton Suites George Street, Parramatta(Parramatta)(Great Value!)
$55
  • Pool
All reviewsihg memberirish publobby barthe general managerspa bathacross the roadtrain stationwestfield malltwo double bedsshort walkcomfortable stayhotel roombusiness tripcomfortable roombuffet breakfasthome away from homereception staff
Reviewed April 19, 2013

If you are happy to be 10-12 minutes walk from the main Parramatta area this is a good choice.
Check-in/out was efficient, breakfast more than enough to keep you going till lunch and the bar staff very friendly. The pool and gym provided well-equipped fitness options. Undercover parking was available next door for only $7 per day
On the minus side, the lifts were painfully slow and (as others have noted) the bathrooms are due for renovation.
We were a small group and walked each evening to the main restaurant area where we had some great meals. Not sure that I would have walked alone at night tho but a cab was only $12 ....

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Yesh M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Parramatta, responded to this reviewResponded April 25, 2013

Hi Donna4321,

Thank you for your kind review, and I was very pleased to hear that your stay was enjoyable.

You have highlighted several areas that we have focused on improving, including our arrival and dining experience, and I’m extremely glad to hear that we met your expectations.

Your comments in regards to the lifts have been noted and the bathrooms are in the process of being updated throughout this year.

Thank you again and please let me know when you’re next staying

Reviewed April 16, 2013

Fridge was tiny and on the blink
King size bed was awful(way too hard and worn out)
Bathroom tiles looked like a 5 year old had grouted them.
Exhaust fan in bathroom was inoperative.
Supposed to be a 4 star hotel chain???

• Stayed: April 2013

Hi simonnov69

Thank you for your review.

I apologise for the experience you had with us recently, and I can assure you it is an exception to the rule. We will look further into your comments as part of our commitment to great providing a great product.

Please let me know when you’re next staying with us as I would welcome the opportunity to meet with you and discuss further.

Reviewed April 10, 2013

This hotel has changed brands a few times, most recently it is a Holiday Inn. It looks like they have completed an upgrade of the facade, foyer, bar, restaurant area. Nice and bright. As a Platinum Priority Club member i was upgraded to a two room suite, had a couch, two tv's, a coffee machine which turned out to be a life saver as the coffee in the restaurant for breakfast has got to be the worst coffee I have ever tasted. One downer is that there was a fair bit of noise in the corridor from other guests. Also I there was not a window that could be opened in the room. The bathroom was a little old, and in need of an upgrade. The shower in the bath should have been replaced a decade ago. I saw a sign for a pool, but I didn't have the time to check it out. A gymnasium would be more useful.

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the end of the corridor, away from the lifts and passing loud mouthed guests.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Yesh M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Parramatta, responded to this reviewResponded April 14, 2013

Hi BigRuss1213,

Thank you for your review, it's great to hear from our valued guests.

Firstly thank you for your loyalty to IHG, and being a Priority Club Platinum member.

I have made a note of all your comments, and will be raising them in our next executive meeting to discuss with the team. In relation to the bathrooms we have embarked upon a maintenance programme this year that will see them improved. With regards to the windows, none of our hotel windows open for safety reasons.

The property has a heated pool as mentioned and we do have a gymnasium on site also, with brand new equipment, available for guest use.

Thank you again for your comments, and please let me know when you're next staying with us.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

We stayed just one night at this Hotel. Our room was on the top floor. It was quite comfortable, no noise, clean, and our overall experience with staff and the hotel was good. We did not use bar or restaurant facilities but they were there if needed. Undercover parking at $7 was quite reasonable.

Room Tip: Top floor escapes any noise from Pub opposite.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
Yesh M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Parramatta, responded to this reviewResponded April 9, 2013

Hi Tiger0511

Thank you for choosing to stay at Holiday Inn Parramatta. It is delightful to read that you were able to unwind and relax, which is a brand promise of Holiday Inn Hotels.

I have shared your sentiments with the team and together we all look forward to welcoming you back to Holiday Inn Parramatta very soon.

Warm regards

Reviewed April 8, 2013

I had the standard room with two double beds which was roomy and spacious. The hotel hasn't been updated in years. The iron was very old. The bathroom was from the eighties and had a used smell.

The staff were extremely friendly and helpful. I checked in late at night and was able to order room service, which came promptly with a smile and tasted quite good.

At over two hundred dollars a room, I thought it was a bit overpriced when compared to the Mercure a similar hotel chain in terms of quality. The room with two double beds might make up the value.

I had to stay there because of work and wouldn't go back again by choice unless the price came down.

It was conveniently located near the station but my transport was provided by work so didn't require this convenience.

The hot breakfast was reasonable, again with excellent very helpful staff.

Room Tip: The room with the two double beds costs the same as the room with the queen.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business

Hi Michael,

Thank you for your recent stay with us, and for taking the time to post your review of Holiday Inn Parramatta.

The hotel completed a multimillion dollar refurbishment in 2012, I agree that the bathroom is outdated compared to the rest of the property, but we have put a programme into place to update bathrooms in latter 2013.

I am extremely pleased to hear that our staff provided you with excellent service, and I will pass your kind comments onto the team. In relation to the cost, as you can appreciate demand dictates our pricing level, and during midweek you will typically find all hotels in Parramatta priced above $200.

Michael thank you again, and please let me know when you're next in the hotel.

Warm regards