“Horrible, Horrible”

Rio Brazilian Steakhouse
Ranked #289 of 492 Restaurants in Parramatta
Cuisines: Barbecue, Brazilian, Central American, Bar
Dining options: Late Night, Buffet, Reservations
Description: Welcome to RIO Restaurant Rio Restaurant is totally Brazilian themed & features a great night of fun, food, dancing & entertainment all for one exclusive price. Your big night includes a Brazilian flavoured table banquet, as much as you can eat, plus a roaring flame-grilled BBQ. After the meal we whisk you off to Rio with the dazzling sights & sounds of our famous cabaret floorshow known the world over as 'Brazilian Fantasy'on Friday & Saturday Nights Menu & Drinks An exotic Brazilian flavoured BBQ plus a variety of hot dishes, seasonal salads, Brazilian condiments & traditional Brazilian desserts. The bar boasts a full range of local & imported beers, spirits, bottled wine & a fun range of exclusive recipe cocktails. Available for Private Functions Our venue is available for Christmas parties, hens nights and all your special functions, business or social. Our venue seats 350 and with our collective experience we can confidently promise you will love your Rio experience and come back for more.
Reviewed June 10, 2013

What a waste of money. $204 for for food and soft drinks for 4 people. The food was just aweful and I have never had to literally remove the food from my mouth and throw it away. The meat was over-cooked and looked as if it had been zapped in microwave. People save your money and have a Pizza instead. You will be better off. Never again will I go to this place.

1  Thank Khal s

Reviewed May 18, 2013

I never go to Parra for food or entertainment as there are better places for these things. This was different because I accepted an invitation from someone to go there on May 11, 2013. To my surprise, this place offered very good value. First off, we were greeted warmly by Cheska who showed us to our table. I asked her to seat us nearer to the dance floor as I was with a couple who were visiting from overseas. She promptly asked Monica, the manager who readily pointed us to the right spot. Then, she gave us an overview of the food selection, the salad/entrée table, etc. Then Raylin came over to get drink orders which came back within a few minutes. The bbq meats came one after another that we had to say no, eventually.

Then an amazing thing happened. Another wonderful waitress, Miriana asked us if we wanted to move to the newly-vacated table which would give us a better view of the show. Of course we did and the evening was made complete as we were entertained with an energetic display of samba and capoeira!.

We stayed on for the dancing because the music was just fabulous - a good mix of modern and Latin-American music. There was another group (hen's night, most probably) that also had a fabulous time.

You bet, we will be back - if only for the excellent service, good food and wonderful music!

This is a place which is not pretentious - the ambience is good for the whole family, couples, groups, etc.

I have been to various Brazilian places in the city - this place in Parra is a lot better. Sure, the waitresses are of different ethnicity but they are far more gracious. They seemed to be always ready to assist.

Reviewed May 11, 2013

We dined on Sat 11th May $49 / hd .
Having tried Brazilian BBQ previously this was a huge disappointment .
0 from 10 ambience
0 from 10 fit out
1 from 10 food
1 from 10 service.
We left before the 8.30 floor show so perhaps thats the reason people go.
Shoes stuck to the floor in toilet
People licking their fingers and using tongs whilst at the buffet.

Absolute amateur hour - boys playing with electrical caused blackout apparently overloaded by the use of a dishwasher - inexperienced wait staff - no visible process or organisation , all very hap hazard - asked to hold my credit card behind the counter ( like that was going to happen - but hey i saw 2 ladies agree ) Food was less than ordinary - overcooked - salty.
With so many good restaurants in that dining precinct do your self a favour and try one of the others. I will not be back ! ( i don't consider myself hard to please )

1  Thank mjm056
Reviewed May 5, 2013

To be honest I did not know what to expect as I have read really bad reviews about the food and service at Rio's and was even thinking if maybe I should change restaurants. We did have the $25 coupons and thought we need to eat that night. Now I am so happy we went. It was great for my sisters Surprise 30th birthday. The staff were so helpful and polite. Our waiter was always there if we needed her and explained everything thouroughly. The food was awesome .. We were so happy with how the sides were there on a buffet table as most places we go to only serve a little serving of sides and thats it! The meat was great, tasty and warm and not spicy as what others have said! Our guests just loved and I mean Loved the food. Loved that there was so much meat and the sides were so yum! Esp the eggplant.. Yes, we were placed at the back of the restaurant but we were also a group of 30+ and our waiter did say if we liked a particular meat then all we had to do was ask the person to leave the skewer there with us...The entertainment was funny maybe a little revealing for us but we all have our cultural ways and we respect that. From the first time I made contact with Ed, it was great and he was prompt by email and very helpful. I even had to change and cancel a few people last minuete and they still allowed it. The only 1 thing that was a downfall was we had a big ice-cream cake for my sister and in the hype of comeing in etc, the guy prob didnt hear me when I said - the cake needs to go in a freezer because its an ice-cream cake. It was all melted by the time we had it that night, but ice-cream is ice-cream and we still enjoyed it! Thank you for a great night and beautiful food. We are definately comining back very soon with alot of our families.

1  Thank NipzV
Reviewed April 28, 2013

A bunch of us decided to choose Brazilian dining last weekend as Brazilian restaurants are known for their delicious meats and salads that keep on coming. Unfortunately, we were all disgusted by so many things about Rio's Parramatta that I wish I read these comments first prior to booking!
First thing, the venue is cheap looking-like an old hall. Second, the DJ's music was just as crap as the dodgy speaker system and the "entertainment" which were 2 girls had costumes made of what looked like paper stremers and they looked Aussie/non south American. Then, the salad bar was of Sizzler standard and didnt even have authentic foods. when we finally got some service (by the way, this place doesnt have a Brazilian worker or management...that should have been a dead give away of the type of food to come) they came over with the meats. Each of the meats looked dry and tasted like rubber. The waiters didnt even go to each of the ten of us to cut the meat onto our plate. Instead, they cut it up on one small plate at one end and told us to pass it down! What the hell!!! We never ever got any of that from brazza or the other Brazilian places in the city etc. Then, one of the waitresses cut a slice of meat that landed on the table..she then picked it up with the tongs and put it on my plate! We all told her off for that and she said "the table is clean so its fine". To add to all this, there was one meat in particular another waiter spend about 3 mins trying to cut, when we told her to not bother and cut another piece. She ignored us and finally cut through the meat (which looked so unprofessional as she kept moving the plate side to side and her arms were going everywhere) she put the meat on a friends plate and the whole lamb was full of fat!
To add to this, they tried to charge us for 5 extra people when we went to pay!!!! When we told the older lady at the counter that we were only 10 and to count us, she would not even make eye contact. She was so rude in how she spoke to us as the customer. The whole time she would not even look into our eyes, she looked down saying " you under paid , you cannot leave until you pay us". We even complained about the poor food quality and service and still, she looked away at the counter.
Somebody tell me why these non Brazilian people open a Brazilian restaurant and not only have no idea on customer service but are still in operation?

1  Thank Alecia S