“??”

Ranked #11 of 11 Hotels in Parramatta
Wodonga
“??”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 13, 2013

The only good thing was that it is close to Westfield
The rooms are small, they need to be gutted and start again.
Had to jam the bedspread under the front of the bed to stop it rolling away from the wall.
The shower head pointed at the wall and couldn't be adjusted straight.
TV very small
Breakfast cold
Bed hard as rocks.
Homeless person sleeping in the grounds under a bush.

Room Tip: if all rooms were like ours ,then good luck finding a good one the whole place is tired and run dow...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Peter K

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Dubbo
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 10, 2013

We were only able to handle this motel for a maximum of 1/2 hour. We walked into the room and was almost knocked back by the stale mould smell oozing from every inch of the room. The room was so dark even though it was mid afternoon. I turned on the light switch but it was flickering constantly. There were cockroaches crawling over the ceiling and the bed linen was warn out the bed spread especially tattered. The carpet was dirty and well past it's use by date. The bathroom was mouldy and unfit to shower in. After this we had no choice but to take our bags and leave, we could not take the risk in putting our health in jeopardy. I have no idea how this place passes any health inspections. I urge anyone thinking of staying here not to risk the safety of your family.

• Stayed October 2013
2 Thank Jeremy2830
Dubbo, Australia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 9, 2013 via mobile

Booked in here thinking its location would be good.

When we arrived we were greeted by derelict weirdos hanging around the foyer. The receptionist was more concerned with her phone conversation than service and indeed signed me up while chatting on the phone.. A series of hand movements and gestures to my credit card is what she used and than pointed to the number on my key to indicate where I stay.

After getting in their smelly 1950s lift to the third floor and opened my door I discovered 1 double bed even tough I requested a twin as I am with another fellow - not my wife. That's forgivable but when you notice cockroaches on the ceiling you tend to want to go down stairs to ask for a new room.

After getting a new room key we open the door to discover that the new room hadn't been made up! Still dirty from previous occupiers! After complaining to reception she said the people before were only 'day stayers' and 'didn't think it would bother you'! Serious! Really! It happened! Unclean dirty bathroom, beds unmade and apparently it wouldn't bother me!

I told reception that I'm leaving and left.

Never before have I left a motel in that fashion.

It is honestly the absolute worst motel I have ever ever been to.

And to charge $130 per night for rooms where the linen is at least 30 years old is disgusting.

There are plenty of other accommodation in Parramatta. Avoid this one!

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Bwshields2830
Melbourne, Australia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 16, 2013

Driving interstate and back in two days and found ourselves far from home, late at night and pulled in here. We should have kept on driving. We asked for discount as it was after 10pm at night and we would be off again first thing in the morning. The receptionist conceded and gave us $15 off the room rate. The room itself was very old and not well lit, it smelt bad and we had to open the windows to get the OLD smell out. The bathroom was mouldy, no TV as we were given the wrong remote, bed was old and not comfortable and generally, they should be charging about $50 a night here. For the price they ask, I expect a lot more, even from a motel. In the morning, I advised Jeanie on the front desk that I would like to speak to a manager. She asked me why and when I said it was about the state of the room, she said she would have a manager call me back. I am still waiting. That was 6 September 2013. I have tried to call back several times since then, each time I have dealt with rude people and still not managed to speak with a manager. My advice, save your money and go elsewhere.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Julie2308
Canberra, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2013

This motel is a block above Westfield shopping centre and two blocks from the railway station.
The elevated position fo the motel gives it a great view over the Cumberland Plains from the upper two floors.
Room quality can vary but my most recent stay was in a very comfy double room.
The room was clean, the bed was new and the shower was good. TV is free to air only and wifi is available .
There was plenty of parking in the grounds and plenty of good eateries within walking distance. The walk home from any direction is uphill.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Mal E
Federal, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 26, 2013

Stayed here overnight on a business trip to Sydney. The receptionist was helpful giving us maps and directions etc.The building is very dated. Probably late 1960's. It has the feel of an old hospital or housing commission block of units with the accompanying stale smell. The lift is ancient but working. We took the stairs. The carpet on the stairs is very grotty and worn. The actual room was basic but comfortable enough. No issues with lumpy beds or pillows. Both were adequate.The bathroom was clean but the towels were old and a bit thin. Shower pressure good and water hot. Some traffic noise as the location is on busy Western Highway and Marsden Road.Not soundproof, you can hear a lot of door slamming etc.Slept quite soundly dispite this.
Off street parking is free. A swimming pool too but didn't look clean to me.
One of the things that bugged me was the list of rules that accompanies the booking once you have checked in. Extra $100.00 charges for things like excessive cleaning & noise...I feel $130.00 per night is overly expensive for this kind of accommodation. However, this is one of the cheapest,half decent rooms in the area at this price.Let's face it accommodation in Sydney is over the top price wise no matter where the location.Would I stay again? Yes, probably if I had business in the area and no other accommodation options were available.Not a nice place for a family holiday or romantic getaway.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Calypte
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 3, 2013 via mobile

This hotel has a good location off the Western Highway. We stayed overnight on our way back to Sydney after spending a week in the Blue Mountains.
Beds are not very comfortable and the rooms are old with worn-out carpets. We won't stay again if we have better options for the price paid.

• Stayed November 2012