“Relaxing”

Ranked #12 of 56 Hotels in Alcudia
Esbjerg, Denmark
“Relaxing”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2012

Pollentia Club Resort is aimed at British, German, Spanish and French travellers who are looking for a sporty or relaxing style of holiday. My husband and I came here and booked a suite for our summer vacation. The suite was quite nice, if a little dated. The room came with a mini bar fridge TV and had free wifi (although this rarely worked properly)
We used this as a base as we hired a car (pretty necessary if you stay in this somewhat remote location) and drove around Mallorca from here. We only really slept and ate here. The food here is reasonable quality and its your large buffet style of meals. We played tennis most days and hired bikes from here (although bike hire is more expensive than outside the resort)
Overall a nice place to visit as a family or a couple. We would return.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Tulene

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (448)
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Glasgow
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 4, 2012

Overall, this resort is ideal for families and for those who have no mobility issues.Puerto Pollensa was chosen as a suitable place for a relaxing holiday but, most importantly, as a suitable location for my husband who has arthritis and walks with difficulty. Puerto Pollensa offers an attractive stretch of beach and plenty of hotels along the front with benches placed at frequent intervals – ideal. Hotel Club Pollentia is a hotel ‘resort’ some distance outside of Puerto Pollensa part way between Puerto Pollensa and Alcudia. Buses between Alcudia and Puerto Pollensa run frequently, stopping just outside of the entrance to the resort –convenient you might think. Well it is for most people. Here’s the rub: accommodation is spread out over some considerable distance and the long walk between accommodation blocks and the main reception area and entrance is fine for most, but not at all suitable for anyone with mobility issues. I noticed one or two people in wheelchairs but not everyone who has a physical disability uses a wheelchair. Movement around the resort is by foot with porterage provided by staff driving buggies along the pathways between buildings. Thanks to these buggies the resort became ‘The Village’ to me - as in The Prisoner TV series. In fact on my first evening when I set out to explore my surroundings I found myself being hailed by a member of staff who had driven up behind me in one of these buggies and who helpfully offered me a lift to the main reception area. When I declined she persisted – in the friendliest possible manner – and I gave in. Had I strayed too close to the perimeter? It appeared so because it did prove to be some distance back to the main building. I was thankful. Large white balloon incident avoided. My accommodation was in block F - letter number 6 in the alphabet. At least it used to be. In this Village, F comes before E. This explains my difficulty in getting back to my room initially when I found myself wandering around neighbouring blocks with a rising sense of embarrassment and panic. So they were trying to destabilise me by creating this confusion ? Am I paranoid? I think I am neither paranoid nor particularly hard to please but I did have some issues with the accommodation and the resort. There is no doubt it is an attractive resort with sporting activities on offer and ideal also for those who like to swim or lounge by a pool. Something particularly frustrating was the reference to the ‘Hobby Club’ on posters in different locations, this being where excursions could be booked and information on activities was available. Nowhere did it say where the Hobby Club was located! In fact it is just a few steps from the reception desk at the rear. There was absolutely no literature in the accommodation providing basic information on facilities at the resort and screen information was a general display showing activities without any specific information. At check-in all that was provided was a small leaflet showing layout of the resort indicating the location of the allocated accommodation and restuarants etc. As an independent individual traveller I had no agent representative on-site and no other source of information. It was a mixed-blessing that my husband could not come on the trip as this resort would have been a nightmare for him in regard to getting around. On my last morning, an early check-out, there was a downpour and I called for buggy porterage to take me to reception only to be told this service was not available until 8 a.m. It isn't available at all on Sundays. Otherwise service was good. I found the staff to be extremely helpful. There was a quick response when I reported a problem with air-conditioning though I would question why such a basic necessity wasn't checked at the outset. Mosquitoes prevented use of the small balcony with a 'view' to the marsh - subjective I know, but not my idea of a view - and plug-in room scent but no anti-mosquito plug-in seems a strange priority to me . The food available in the resort is plentiful and varied though not of good quality. If part of your holiday enjoyment is good food and sampling local cuisine a bus trip or car hire would be a necessity. Being seeing you?

Room Tip: Check type and location of accommodation very carefully with reference to privacy, outlook and proxi...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
5 Thank MoiraJGlasgow
Doncaster
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 2, 2012

Stayed here last week in Oct. Checked in very quickly and staff very polite, was asked to park car in car park were I was met with my wife and kids already on a golf buggy with a very polite and helpful member of reception staff unloading car with luggage onto buggy. He took us round to our room, we'd booked a suite, which turned out to be little one story villas split into 4 apartments. Room was nice, not best we have stayed in but nice. No tea and coffee making facilities which was a bit of let down. Free WIFI in room which was fantastic!
The complex is build on edge of nature reserve and lovely views on back of hotel and little ponds dotted throughout resort, one right outside room with ducks/birds etc which was very nice. Outside area very nice, lovely main pool and second pool as well. Good children's playground and football/sports area. Great indoor pool with two jacuzzi's which we used with the kids every morning after breakfast and we were always only people in so fantastic!
Food was very good, great selection of salads, warm breads, hot food and deserts, all of good quality. Could either eat lunch or evening meal on HB or pay for additional (€10 for adults, €6 for children - which was a great price given quality and selection) Breakfast also very good.
Location was great, with fantastic views of bay from right outside hotel. As we had hire car we made many trips to both Alcudia and Puerto Pollenca, not sure on bus service etc.... Walking to Alcudia approx 30mins although cycle hire available.
All hotel staff very friendly, happy to help and great with kids. All in all a great hotel and location, would return and recommend.

Room Tip: Books suite as located close to pool and main area and much more spacious
7 Thank MrAHartley
Bolton
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 28, 2012

My wife and I took my 5 year old son and 5 month old baby boy to try and grab a bit of warm sunshine before the year is out. The weather was warm and the hotel was the perfect place to stay for a break. We stayed for 6 nights returning on the 27th.

Given we had our 5 month old with us we decided to go all inclusive as this was going to be a relaxed week spent around the complex rather than a week of touring. I would recommend that anybody in the circumstance does likewise. It was exceptional value with branded drinks , ice creams and the food we all enjoyed it. If you go all inclusive you can also eat the good pool bar food which is freshly prepared. Value for money AE it is an absolute must. We have spent next to nothing on extras. The bulk of it being the 12 Euros for the safe.

Meals - there was an excellent choice for all tastes. You will always find something you like. I do take on board the comments about lunch service and evening service being very similar which is why we ate lunch by the pool which is very different with a wide range to choose from. The menu also changed daily. I would agree however with other comments in that they will not win a Michelin star any time soon but it was nice.

Staff – all of them are very polite, smiley and helpful. The restaurant staff are run ragged and could probably do with some extra pairs of hands. The hotel is also very well maintained and cleaned throughout.

Room - we went for a suite and were allocated Volcano 2. The boys slept in the living room and we had the bedroom. The beds are very comfortable and the room was very spacious with lots of storage. The shower could be better. The pressure was poor in the shower but that is a small criticism in the scheme of things. Also we found it odd that there wasn’t a bar of soap to wash your hands with. We bought one from the supermarket. The suite also had two sinks which is a nice touch. There was also a TV in each room with a choice of English channels. Pool towels are also provided. The only negative I had regarding the room was that it was very dark in the room. Having said that we slept very well in a very quiet room away from the entertainment and the road. The alarm was needed most days!

Entertainment – we weren’t expecting much but it was actually okay. There was bingo which my son enjoyed (we won a bottle of champagne on 3 of the 4 nights we played!). There was a couple of singers one night and a decent jazz/blues band on another. There was of course the mandatory mini disco for the kids.

Like most places in Spain there isn’t a kettle. However you can get take out hot drinks which are included in the all inclusive deal. We could also get all of the bottles of water we needed.
We had bus rides to Pollensa and Alcudia. Polensa has a beautiful promenade and beech which is lovelu. Alcudia wasn’t really for us being a bit dirty and we soon returned back to the hotel. The bus stops right outside the hotel for those people who want to explore. Walking along the road I would not recommend. It is a very busy road without a pavement.

Transfers - we tried the cheaper option of coach which was fine on the way to resort. However, on the way back they wanted to pick us up @ 7.20 4 hours before the flight! I there booked a private transfer and had an extra hour in bed as well as a breakfast. This could be down to the time of year and the number of places they have to visit to get a full coach.

Would we go again – absolutely! We will go back.

Room Tip: I emailed the hotel asking for a quiet room due to my young children. They happily obliged. Go away...
10 Thank Paul_Bolton
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 26, 2012

Spent a week at this resort and it was well worth it. Quite a few germans there but still ok. If you love to cycle then this is the place to go, even in October the weather is still lovely. The bar staff were very attentive especially Christian who could not do enough for anyone and always had a smile on his face. The All Inclusive is well worth paying especially if you are a drinker.......

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Julie B
Pickering, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2012

16th to 23rd October 2012. My wife and I have just returned from the resort and we had a great time. The weather was almost perfect but if you want to guarantee sunshine all day then it would be best to go a week or two earlier. The food was superb and we had no problem getting drinks with the meal (see some comments from other visitors) although on the Saturday night they shut one of the restaurants down, presumably due to numbers staying and trying to save on staff costs, and this meant delays in getting seated. We hired bikes for our stay from the on site Max Huerzeler cycle centre and they were very worthwhile and great bikes at 20 euros a day for the first day and 15 there after for a good quality hybrib bike. The resort itself is between Alcudia and Porto de Pollenca and so the bikes just allowed usto see a bit more of the area without having to get a car. The pools were great and and certainly worth a visit although as already mentioned I think we were a week or two too late.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the road suffer from road and sea noise during the night but earplugs make it bearable...
2 Thank Andy D
Gullane
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2012 via mobile

A Village Suite in the Pollentia Club Resort was just about perfect for my family with fairly demanding 7 and 4 year olds. Very good value for money with half board often lasting us all day. Only downside was lack of beach, which we were well aware of in advance.

• Stayed October 2012
4 Thank BozBoswell
Also consider these accommodations in or near Alcudia
Hotel Illa d'Or
IBEROSTAR Ciudad Blanca
IBEROSTAR Ciudad Blanca
#8 of 48 in Port d'Alcudia
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,219 reviews

Been to PortBlue Club Pollentia Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!