We (2 adults 1 8 year old) stayed at the Club Pollentia last 2 weeks of July this year and had a excellent family holiday. We stayed in a village room which was ok for the 3 of us but I do think had our son been older or we had 2 kids we would have needed a suite. Having said that you really are not in your room that much . Nice terrace outside but we did not use it too much due to the pesky mosiquitoes which are a pain woe betide you if yo went out a night without your repellant on!
We stayed all inclusive and we were extremely surprised at how good it was food was extremely good and varied. What I really liked having experienced buffets before was that the dishes were all quickly replenished and looked after so they still looked nice even after kids have helped themselves! Meal times could be busy but we soon got wise as to the less busy times ie before 9 at breakfast and about 830 onwards in the evening. Great selection of wine and premium bottled water and drinks service at mealtime was extremely efficient. My only complaint re food was first week we were there the pool bar had a pretty extensive menu eg salads choice of fish dishes in addition to usual snack fare eg burgers pizza etc. However in our second week the menu was suddenly replaced with a single typed sheet of paper with extremely limited choices. Maybe they wanted people to use the buffet more? The packed ounces were ok but we tended to eat out if we were out exploring.
There is no real beach at the hotel but there are bus stops outside the hotel which will take you to puerto pollens beaches or alcudia- personally we preferred pollensa and we also hired a jeep for a week and used it to go to some great smaller beaches.
Kids entertainment was great if you were young -our 8 year old was happy running about with friends he'd made but possibly some structured entertainment for the older children could be thought about but that is a minor point.
Staff were some of the best we've come across and should be congratulated by management for their pleasant and efficient manner. Our only complaint was the issue of pool beds really reserving beds at 7 and then as we witnessed not appearing until after lunchtime I think is just bad manners but if you were out in the morning you had no chance of getting a bed in the afternoon which was extremely annoying.
Overall this is a great hotel with lots of sports facilities if you are active (like my son and husband) and a good spa if like me you are not. We had a great family holiday and would visit again!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Pollentia Club Resort is a 4-star resort hotel in Alcúdia, Majorca, located in the marvelous bay of Pollensa. Situated on the north of the island of Majorca, between the Can Cap de Bou beach and the S'Albufera Natural Park, this luxury hotel offers a great location in proximity to all the outdoor activities you desire during your trip to the Balearic Islands. With nearly 30 km/18 miles of splendid coastlines, along the northeast of Majorca, Alcúdia offers the perfect setting for nature lovers. This beautiful resort is surrounded by gardens and nestled amongst lagoons and Mediterranean vegetation, making it the ideal for an island getaway vacation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Hotwire, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA and HRS so you can book your PortBlue Club Pollentia Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pollentia Club Hotel Alcudia
- Pollentia Hotel Alcudia
- Pollentia Club Resort
- PortBlue Club Pollentia Resort & Spa Alcudia, Majorca