“Good food but pricey”

Restaurante Satyricon
Ranked #78 of 322 Restaurants in Alcudia
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Romantic, Special occasions, Kids, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Drinks, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
London, United Kingdom
“Good food but pricey”
Reviewed June 30, 2014 via mobile

There is not much food options in this restaurant and it is more for the upmarket pallet. The food is good, I suggest you try the duck as it was glorious. I ordered the carrot cake for desert, I was expecting a proper slice of cake, but all I got was a very small piece, and it did not taste like the carrot cake I wanted at all! Oh well, it was an experience. The structure of the restaurant though was amazing! Very roman inspired interiors.

Torquay, United Kingdom
“Great spot for coffee and cake”
Reviewed June 26, 2014

Extremely friendly service , lovely atmosphere , and reasonable prices for coffee and cake make this a wonderful stop for a break when out in Alcudia . Did not eat here , so can't comment on the meals .

• Visited June 2014
Dublin, Ireland
“Disappointed ”
Reviewed June 16, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I decided to try this restaurant for the first time . We have holidayed in Majorca for years and have eaten in a lot of different restaurants. The building is fabulous and actually worth a visit. We ordered our food , beef for my husband and the cod dish for me. It was described as caramelised cod. That gave me an expectation of a caramelised side to the cod. When our food was served with aplomb we eagerly started to eat. My husbands beef was nice, I saw that my cod, which was sitting in very creamy potato sauce, was grey in parts of the flesh, I removed the skin to check but part of the skin wouldn't part from the fish. My husband told me not to eat it and to send it back as it didn't look completely cooked . I signalled our lovely waitress who immediately took it back to the kitchen acknowledging my concern. Another waitress came over to explain how they cook the fish in the Majorcan way and it was very obvious she didn't believe it wasn't completely cooked. I explained that the skin didn't come away but she just reiterated that in Majorca the fish is cooked and served that way. I said ok it's fine. Then I was given the menu to pick something else. I picked a mushroom pasta dish as I was put off getting another fish dish . The mushrooms however were not to my taste as they were had no texture and dissolved to mush in your mouth which was probably due to the type of mushrooms they used . My husband didn't like the mushrooms in his dish either. When we got our bill I noticed we were charged for the more expensive cod dish that I felt I was unable to eat . I asked our nice waitress about it and she explained that the other girl told her to leave the cod on the bill. We tipped our waitress as she was friendly and very helpful but her hands were tied . We most certainly won't be making a return visit here. I felt that in this restaurant the customer is not ever 'always right '.

2 Thank Milliebb12
York, United Kingdom
“Worth trying”
Reviewed May 27, 2014

An upmarket dining experience that is a cut above the norm in the Town.Perhaps slightly expensive but the quality of the food and service and overall experience of being pampered was worth it.

Visited May 2014
york
“Good food but at a price!”
Reviewed May 27, 2014

Lovely setting sat outside in the busy square , interior done well , staff very helpfull. Food very good compared to some others in Alcudia but does come at a price. One of our more enjoyable meals , beautifully presented with a good choice and would recomend a visit as far superior to some nearby. Be careful if you ask for a pre dinner drink , they just keep pouring it and you end up with a very large bill at the end!

• Visited May 2014