“Nice place for wine and tappas on the terras”

Restaurante Satyricon
Ranked #80 of 328 Restaurants in Alcudia
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Helmond, The Netherlands
“Nice place for wine and tappas on the terras”
Reviewed October 13, 2012 via mobile

We had some tappas incl wine for 9 euro. This was perfect. Also inside it is beautiful. See the puctures.

Trondheim, Norway
“Below average food, terrible service.”
Reviewed October 7, 2012

Our travel agency offered a guided tour of Alcudia (old town) ending with a dinner at Satyricon. Thus you could expect good food and service. The service was poor. The waiters never saw fit to refill water, avoided any attempts at contact, had an arrogant attitude, etc. The starters was sea-food, the main dish red meat, and we were asked wether we wanted white or red wine for the whole meal! So you either got wine that did not go with the starters or with the main course. The starters were ok, the main course below average, and the dessert bland. The manager was nice, but shold have kept an eye on the waiters. We also overheared an other guest complaining to the manager that their fish was served cold and that they were just dismissed by the waiter.
The locations however were special, as it used to be an old cinema with a beautiful painted ceiling, and charming interior.

• Visited September 2012
1 Thank FamilyOfFive958
London
“Good food, high prices and poor service!”
Reviewed September 8, 2012

We were recommended by the receptionist to go here. Later we heard that they got paid to send us there... My main course was good but the meat was a bit overcooked. My husbands fish was poor. The desserts were though good.

Visited June 2012
HALIFAX
“Keep your money in your wallet!”
Reviewed August 23, 2012

I don’t tend to post reviews but I’m making an exception in this instance as the standard of food and value for money at the Satyricon was appalling.
My wife and I visited the restaurant last week when we were on holiday. We were partly seduced by the decorative interior and the Saxophonist that was playing cool sweet jazz in the corner.
We waited to be seated and viewed the menu looking forward to our evening meal.
The menu appeared to be very limited but none the less the ambiance of the place seemed to suggest that the food was going to be exceptional.
My wife had Ravioli Carne which was tasteless and swimming in oil.
I had Analivia which from memory was lamb chops in a sauce. I was expecting some vegetables like potatoes or something .I waited but nothing arrived so I thought “well that’s all I get. “This was very poor and certainly not worth 20 euro.
We also ordered two deserts. I had Crème Brulee Frutos and my wife had Fresas Flabeadas. We waited about 20 minutes for these to arrive only to be told that the order had not been placed with the kitchen. Both deserts were appalling and just turned into mush and I’m not exaggerating.
I do quite a bit of home cooking myself so I know good food when I have it.
I asked for the bill. The bill appeared and then the waitress came back to our table as fast as Usain Bolt and practically snatched the bill from our table and said it was wrong she forgot to add in two small drinks of beer. This was very rude and quite aggressive.
The bill total came to 85 euro what a rip off! Here in the UK had I received the same poor standard of food I would have just made a reasonable offer; but I paid it, and thought “Well you caught me this time but never again” So keep your money in your wallet and make your way to the cafeteria that is on your left directly across from the Satyricon. We dined there a couple of times and the food was far superior and far less expensive.
I might add that we also witnessed other diners that had issues with their bills. Oh, and a young lady came to a waitress who was hovering by the restaurant doorway and told her that there was red lipstick on her drinks glass....and it wasn’t hers...she wasn’t very impressed.

• Visited August 2012
“Just love it!!”
Reviewed August 16, 2012 via mobile

Me and my wife went to Satyricón in the Old town of Alcudia, we just passed by and found the building very exciting. We were welcomed by a smiley waitress who also told us the story about the building, which used to be a cinema. This night there were a saxophonist playing soft music, which just made the atmosphere even better.
We started the dinner with a focaccia with fried vegetables and a tasting tomato sorbet, as main course we were recommend the tuna tataki, and wow.... That was just great. We could hardly eat more, but as we were listening to the music, and were quite relax in the court yard, after a while we decided to share a dessert. We had a Creme Brule and it was very good. All together a great evening with good food and service, and I do not find it expensive as the quality was very high. For two persons with wine, water and coffee we paid 107,50€