“Absolute favourite Gastro lovely oldy worldly pub, love it !”

The Farmers Boy Pub and Restaurant
Ranked #2 of 7 Restaurants in Longhope
Cuisines: British, Gastropub
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Welcome to The Award Winning Farmer's Boy Inn Longhope Simply put, we love food. Not just for what it is, but for the experience that accompanies it. Homely surroundings, great company and conversation, attentive waiters, who become friends and of course fine wines from around the world. After an evening of gastro food delights, gourmet pies and laughter in front of the open fire retire to our courtyard of boutique individually designed rooms and drift off, to wake up to the sounds, sights and smells of the idyllic Gloucestershire countryside. Followed of course by a hearty breakfast and maybe a stroll up the majestic May Hill
Paris, France
“Absolute favourite Gastro lovely oldy worldly pub, love it !”
Reviewed August 12, 2014

We've visited several times, in fact, whenever we happen to be in the area,
we make qute a detour, to be able to have a stop-over,and to have lunch, or dinner here
absolutely fabulous, we like everything about it
lovely oldy worldly pub
very romantic setting too
the ambiance is wonderful, warm, welcoming, friendly
the staff friendly and welcoming, v well trained and/or chosen
the food, simply wonderful
we're massive fans of home made pies and food
this is original and very good pub grub
vegetables fresh and crispy
ideas of a double pie wonderful, choices are hard to make
only regret is, that we have never had the time, or the occassion, to stay the night
so that we could spend the eve there too, and to enjoy their accommodation
interesting to see if that would live up to the standard of the gastro pub
would definitely love to some time!
will make a special detour again when in the area
love it, love it !
strongly recommend!

• Visited September 2013
PhilKiernan, Owner at The Farmers Boy Pub and Restaurant, responded to this review, August 22, 2014
Hi Alma,

Thank you for your great review! I'm pleased you've enjoyed your many experiences at The Farmer's Boy!

We Hope to See You Again Soon and maybe even a stop-over next time! Don't forget to Download our App!

Bristol, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“What a gem”
Reviewed August 10, 2014

Just come back from a weekend stay at theFBI. Phil and his team go out of their way to make you feel welcome. The standard of service was excellent. Great menu, something for everyone. Fabulous breakfast, super bacon and sausages. Didn't need much lunch. Would we stay again, absolutely.

• Visited August 2014
PhilKiernan, Owner at The Farmers Boy Pub and Restaurant, responded to this review, August 12, 2014
Hi Susan,

Thanks for your great review! I'm pleased you enjoyed your stay at The Farmer's Boy Inn including the breakfast!

Hope to see you again soon! Don't forget to download the app!

Exeter, United Kingdom
“Quality & Quantity”
Reviewed August 9, 2014

Booked last minute, sat and ate in bar (with welcome family dog), good sized restaurant and outdoor area.
Too much choice on the 'pie menu', otherwise pub food was as expected all be it a bit pricey, £97.00 for 7 meals and a drink?
Great, friendly, fast service!

Hi,

Thanks for your great review! I'm pleased you enjoyed your time at The Farmer's Boy Inn & i hope you enjoyed the rest of your stay in the area!

Hope to see you again soon!

Plymouth, United Kingdom
“Outstanding food and service”
Reviewed August 7, 2014

Wow, went here for a work's do and had a phenomenal meal. The menu is superb and varied, thrown in with a burger man/woman versus food challenge which to be honest very few could conquer, (the bread roll would have done me never mind all the rest of it). They also have a steak challenge something like a 2lb rump in 30 mins and all the trimmings too. The Staff are very friendly and helpful and made us immediately welcome. The pies looked fantastic and tasted great and the beef welly was amazing. Extra gravy and massive fat chips were continually coming out but to be honest there wasn’t much need for extra portions as the plates were stacked with loads of food to begin with. The sweet menu was fantastic with the lemon meringue pie and gin and tonic sorbet getting rave reviews. This establishment is found within a great setting and beer garden with a bouncy castle, unfortunately being over 12 I wasn’t allowed on it booo ha ha. Overall a great night out with great food and great staff. BZ.

Hi Paul,

Thanks for your great review! I am pleased you enjoyed your time at The Farmer's Boy Inn even though you couldn't go on The Bouncy Castle!

Hope to see you again soon! Don't forget to download our app!

Swindon, United Kingdom
“The Pies were bigger then my eyes!”
Reviewed August 6, 2014

I arrived unannounced (no booking etc) at the Farmers Boy Inn (FBI) late last Saturday evening and was warmly greeted by the bar staff and the owner (Phil) who immediately made me feel welcomed.
I found the FBI to be one of those rare pubs where you almost instantly get involved in a friendly 3 or 4 way conversation with other customers, the bar staff and the chef (once he'd managed to escape from the kitchen!-) which made you feel very much at home.
Although I didn't have a meal in the restuarant I did take the opportunity to purchase a few of their specialist pies to take home for later enjoyment.
When you're rummaging through the selection in the deli (attached to the pub) the pies look to be a good size and therefore good value but when I got them home and tried to shoehorn them into my freezer I realised these pies are not "portioned sized" for the faint hearted and are a meal in themselves!
I'm already looking forward to popping in again when I pass the FBi next time and even if I can't stay for too long (or have one too many) I will make the time for another rummage through the deli and the pie selection in particular.

Hi Jay,

Thanks for your fantastic review! I'm pleased you enjoyed your experience at The Farmer's Boy Inn!

We Hope to see you again soon and that this time you stay for a little longer! Don't forget to download our app!