“Saturday Family Lunch”

The Farmers Boy Pub and Restaurant
Ranked #2 of 7 Restaurants in Longhope
Cuisines: British, Gastropub
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Welcome to The Award Winning Farmer's Boy Inn Longhope Simply put, we love food. Not just for what it is, but for the experience that accompanies it. Homely surroundings, great company and conversation, attentive waiters, who become friends and of course fine wines from around the world. After an evening of gastro food delights, gourmet pies and laughter in front of the open fire retire to our courtyard of boutique individually designed rooms and drift off, to wake up to the sounds, sights and smells of the idyllic Gloucestershire countryside. Followed of course by a hearty breakfast and maybe a stroll up the majestic May Hill
Reviewed December 21, 2013

Situated on the A40 halfway between Gloucester and Ross-on-Wye approx. The Farmers Boy is in a very pretty location with such friendly welcoming staff and a menu to die for. I will be returning to this establishment very soon and the one thing that I am most impressed with is their pie menu, and I mean proper pies, and not just a bit of meat in a dish with a bit of puff pastry on the top.
So if you like pies and proper home cooked food this is the place for you.
Well done Farmers Boy, will be seeing you again soon.

PhilKiernan, Owner at The Farmers Boy Pub and Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded January 10, 2014

Thank you for thanking the time to write a review. Delighted your family and you enjoyed their time at the Farmers Boy Inn.
Log on to our website www.thefarmersboyinn.co.uk and download our new exciting App full of FREE offer...
Kind Regards
Phil Kiernan Proprietor

Reviewed December 12, 2013

I have never ever written a online review before...but I wanted to say a couple of things..
My sister and I grew up in Ross & my Dad still lives there. Whenever we visit him we ALWAYS have a family meal at The Farmers Boy Inn. Without fail! It's a family tradition & my Dad wouldn't hear of us going anywhere else. We know we will be greeted with a smile, a drink and some fab food. We all enjoy sitting in the comfy surroundings & having a catch up. It has just become part of visiting our childhood home & our dad. We have booked a table for Christmas eve (of course) and It will be a fab way to kick off xmas.
Many Thanks For All The Memories - The Ball Family (Mick, Jessica and Rebecca)

Reviewed December 5, 2013

Have stayed here a number of times and really enjoyed staying there but can't any more as I have retired.Excellent food ,friendly staff and manager.going to miss not staying here any longer .

Thank you for your review and we look forward to seeing you soon in 2014..
Kind Regards
Phil Kiernan Proprietor

Reviewed November 11, 2013

I visited with great expectations from reviews I had heard, however I was disappointed with my meal. I ordered the vegetable lasagne and it was cold in the middle and there was a lot of it which was overwhelming. I was with family and they all enjoyed their meals, so maybe just a bad choice? We sat in the bar and it was not particularly comfortable as we all sat facing a wall and were squashed alongside another table. The outside space looked vast and set up well for families with children so we will probably give it another visit and sit outside in the sun.

Reviewed October 23, 2013

A nice little pub, quite cosy. Very eclectic decor, everything from farming equipment (fitting considering the name) to Oriental, Irish (the owners' being Irish) and various other nik naks. The staff seemed friendly and when I asked to change my cutlery because the fork was dirty they were more than happy to oblige immediately.We had intended to try something from the extensive pie menu because they all sounded delicious but in the end opted for the specials. Hubby had fish and I had pork. Both very nice - not the largest of portions but tasty all the same. One thing that did make us giggle was the poor waitress, one of the other patrons enquired as to the kinds of mustard that were available......she replied.....'um, yellow paste'. Bless her. I'd certainly pop in again if we are passing, determined to try one of the pies, if they are as good as they sound may even purchase some from the shop to take home. By the way, its not owned by Phil Vickery lol