“A Pie to Remember!”

The Farmers Boy Pub and Restaurant
Ranked #2 of 7 Restaurants in Longhope
Cuisines: British, Gastropub
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Welcome to The Award Winning Farmer's Boy Inn Longhope Simply put, we love food. Not just for what it is, but for the experience that accompanies it. Homely surroundings, great company and conversation, attentive waiters, who become friends and of course fine wines from around the world. After an evening of gastro food delights, gourmet pies and laughter in front of the open fire retire to our courtyard of boutique individually designed rooms and drift off, to wake up to the sounds, sights and smells of the idyllic Gloucestershire countryside. Followed of course by a hearty breakfast and maybe a stroll up the majestic May Hill
Reviewed September 12, 2013

Very nice surroundings to try one of Phil Vickery's Mad about Pies - Wild Boar and cider - very nice. My wife had a vegetable Lasagne which was very well presented. The drinks were very good with a good selection. The service was prompt and firendly.

Reviewed September 6, 2013

After passing this place many times on my way through to Ross I thought it was about time I tried the Farmers for lunch and catch up on work emails. As mentioned I have passed this place many times and always chuckle to myself at the humorous signs outside like " This pub contains nuts". The service was excellent and the food was even better. I will be back soon to try some of your award winning Pies.

Reviewed August 29, 2013

Four of us had lunch together at this pub on Saturday 24th aug 13. It always had good reviews so we gave it a go . Initially the pub is welcoming , clean and staff are friendly; no problem there at all. Its a nice country pub lovely decor, all you would expect. The menu is varied, and so were our choices. However, the prices were quite high for the amount of food, and in our case the quality.
Out of 4 of our meals, 3 werent happy. A sandwich came out on white bread, when brown bread was ordered, also the bacon in the sandwich was rock hard in actually removed from it , as it couldn't be eaten. new potatoes came out on another meal , when chips were ordered, and a VERY well done steak came out when medium rare was ordered. Even our 2nd round of drinks came out with coke instead of diet, gin instead of vodka. I could understand if it was busy, but there were only a few other diners, so no excuse there. The staff did come to ask if all was ok, but we were all so hungry ( and in fact my salad was fine) we just needed to eat. When the bill arrived £91 !! We were shocked and disappointed. No puddings, just 4 meals , one being a salad, one being a sarnie, a couple of vodkas and cokes and 2 pints .....I certainly won't be dining there again .

Reviewed August 27, 2013

The best of the best for a great meal and also very good accommodation also - great menu to choose from - very caring - highly recommend

Reviewed August 24, 2013

A group of us visited on August 23rd, had a lovely evening and great food. The only criticism was the price of the pies. The two in one pie at the end of the day is half cauliflower! So how they can justify £11.95 for the mini pie and £13.95 for the larger pie is beyond me! £28 for 2 pies ! And I am sure if the pies were taken out of the dish and you could see the amount on the plate you would not want to pay more than £9.95. Would love to go back but not at those prices !