Stayed one night following a visit to Wye Valley. Great place and friendly staff who helped with everything I needed. Pies are legendary and were fabulous. Rooms comfortable with tea/coffee and fantastic shower.
Only two minor issues which I also shared with staff prior to departure. Firstly, rooms do not have solid walls. I could hear full conversation of people next door as well as what programmes they were watching. Not pleased when TV was on at 6.30am! Secondly although the pies are very yummy regarding the filling my pastry was quite soggy which made me think it had been in the microwave.
Saying that with the fantastic staff, easy bus journey into Gloucester and good food I would recommend this hotel and gladly stay again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Simply put, we love food. Not just for what it is, but for the experience that accompanies it. Homely surroundings, great company and conversation,attentive waiters, who become friends and of course fine wines from around the world. After a evening of gastro food delights, gourmet pies and laughter infront of the open fire retire to our courtyard of boutique individually designed rooms and drift off, to wake up to the sounds, sights and smells of the idyllic gloucestershire countryside. Followed of course by a hearty breakfast and maybe a stroll up the majestic May Hill ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Priceline, Expedia, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets and Cancelon so you can book your The Farmers Boy Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Farmers Boy Hotel Longhope
- The Farmers Boy Inn Longhope, Gloucestershire