We booked for just one night, nice warm comfy room at the back of the inn with a very good en-suite shower.
The Inn itself is lovely, lots of atmosphere , olde world with beamed ceilings and a real open fire. We booked a table for our evening meal (recommended as it does get busy.) They specialize in locally made pies of which there are quite a few varieties. I opted for the Venison & Pheasant and my wife had the Steak topped with Black pudding.
Both went down really well, (although I wouldn't want to eat these too often with all that pastry !)
A couple of real ales at the bar helped to make a very good evening.
Breakfast was good and plentyful too, altogether a very nice experience.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Simply put, we love food. Not just for what it is, but for the experience that accompanies it. Homely surroundings, great company and conversation,attentive waiters, who become friends and of course fine wines from around the world. After a evening of gastro food delights, gourmet pies and laughter infront of the open fire retire to our courtyard of boutique individually designed rooms and drift off, to wake up to the sounds, sights and smells of the idyllic gloucestershire countryside. Followed of course by a hearty breakfast and maybe a stroll up the majestic May Hill ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets and Hotwire so you can book your The Farmers Boy Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Farmers Boy Hotel Longhope
- The Farmers Boy Inn Longhope, Gloucestershire