My husband & I were looking for somewhere local to our holiday cottage that allowed dogs so went here after reading the great reviews. It was about 3pm on a Saturday and the pub was fairly quiet. We chose to sit outside as it was a sunny day. Our food took around 50 minutes to arrive & even by this point the waitresses still hadn't managed to bring us any cutlery. Our meals were then brought out in about 5 trips although there were only 2 of us. My husband had a pie
& I had the cajun chicken & red onion bloomer. The pie was ok (although nothing outstanding) but the bloomer I cannot say the same for. Over cooked, rock hard, grisly chicken (of which most went to the dog) and no red onion in site. We ordered extra chips which we were glad of as I had to check with the waitress what we had was definitely 3 portions! Overall we thought the pub was disappointing given what we were expecting. Poorly cooked food and below average service. We overheard locals on the next table questioning whether there was a new chef as their meals had also been below the standard they usually expected...
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Simply put, we love food. Not just for what it is, but for the experience that accompanies it. Homely surroundings, great company and conversation,attentive waiters, who become friends and of course fine wines from around the world. After a evening of gastro food delights, gourmet pies and laughter infront of the open fire retire to our courtyard of boutique individually designed rooms and drift off, to wake up to the sounds, sights and smells of the idyllic gloucestershire countryside. Followed of course by a hearty breakfast and maybe a stroll up the majestic May Hill ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline and Hotels.com so you can book your The Farmers Boy Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Farmers Boy Hotel Longhope
- The Farmers Boy Inn Longhope, Gloucestershire