Thank you for a great break my husband has just had knee operations so this was our first break although he is still on crutches!! Also his sister & husband live in Newent which is only 6 milesaway so needed to call on them as his sister is not well
After seeing 4 in a Bed CH4 have been on mailing list for offers etc,& wanted to visit
We had a great deal met welcoming staff & Phills lovely wife Manda =+ Archie he is lovely Archie (the puppy not Phil) !! only joking we never really got to meet you as you were off duty
First of all a little disappointed as Manda on booking because my husband has had op said best room would be Room 8 so booked it as a little larger but on arrival we were allocated Room 3 on peeping into room 8 on leaving would have preferred it but an older couple maybe deserved it more as maybe more disabled than us because we maybe are luckier in our health so okay but I was hoping for it as told never told that we would not have that room !!
Great dinner Irish Mussels wow!! My husbands Black pudding & battered Brie Wow!! & then 2 Sirloin steaks to die for the worst thing to recomend were the Rustic Chips the best chips I have ever had crispy & floury inside /Maris Piper/King Edward tried them all but the sad thing I had to leave some broke my heart!!
Breakfast so sadly forgot to ask member of staff her name she waited /cooked & so perfectly perfect eggs bacon etc nothing was to much trouble even though can we come back and have new bedrooms
Alan &Shirley Howells
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Simply put, we love food. Not just for what it is, but for the experience that accompanies it. Homely surroundings, great company and conversation,attentive waiters, who become friends and of course fine wines from around the world. After a evening of gastro food delights, gourmet pies and laughter infront of the open fire retire to our courtyard of boutique individually designed rooms and drift off, to wake up to the sounds, sights and smells of the idyllic gloucestershire countryside. Followed of course by a hearty breakfast and maybe a stroll up the majestic May Hill ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Hotwire, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Priceline, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Expedia and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Farmers Boy Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Farmers Boy Hotel Longhope
- The Farmers Boy Inn Longhope, Gloucestershire