As locals and, having seen Phil on Four in a Bed, we were intrigued to try out the fabulous Farmers Boy Inn so booked Sunday lunch with elderly Mum.
We had a warm welcome from the staff and were shown to a table that considered our request to be accessible for Mum. Staff attended and took a drinks order,and then disappeared for quite some time before our food order was taken. We were comfortable and enjoying the very evident Irish humour of the Pub so no problem. Main courses arrived and were fabulous. Our waitress came and cleared the table and asked if we would like puddings and we said "Yes". The pub started filling up and our waitress sort of disappeared ..... Eventually with Mum becoming agitated husband went to the Bar and waited to be served - skipped puddings and ordered coffees which arrived fairly promptly. The bill was presented and paid without anyone asking if everything was okay. We filled in the feedback form outlining the above and (so unusually for us!) left without leaving a gratuity for the staff - sorry!
Our comments on the form said that we felt the Chef had been let down by front of house staff and lack of continuity - just really needed one person to oversee the waiting side of things and the whole experience would have been brilliant.
We will be back but hope this review helps to make what is obviously a very successful business even better.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Simply put, we love food. Not just for what it is, but for the experience that accompanies it. Homely surroundings, great company and conversation,attentive waiters, who become friends and of course fine wines from around the world. After a evening of gastro food delights, gourmet pies and laughter infront of the open fire retire to our courtyard of boutique individually designed rooms and drift off, to wake up to the sounds, sights and smells of the idyllic gloucestershire countryside. Followed of course by a hearty breakfast and maybe a stroll up the majestic May Hill ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your The Farmers Boy Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Farmers Boy Hotel Longhope
- The Farmers Boy Inn Longhope, Gloucestershire