“Our wedding venue - simply beautiful!”
Review of Upper Court

Upper Court
Reviewed September 19, 2010

I got married at Upper Court last month, we had a marquee in the gardens and our family and friends hired out all of the holiday cottages.
It was the perfect venue, the perfect location and Bill and Diana were extremely welcoming. All of our family and friends thought Upper Court was fantastic, and I recommend it completely.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple

Reviewed March 3, 2010

I hired the whole of Upper Court's holiday cottages to bring a group of 37 friends together to celebrate my civil partnership.

It was perfect: a classic Cotswolds stone manor with various out-buildings, lake, swans and a beautiful church next the estate.

It provided us with very flexible accommodation and a means to separate guests with different needs. Everyone had their own private space and communal space, and we were able to pop over to each other's cottages, giving us the sense of living a large and beautiful commune.

I could not disagree more with the comments made by hotelman987 and FairandBalanced. We found it to be very clean, charming, idyllic even and the owners were extremely approachable and helpful. It's a classic Cotswolds manor, not a boutique hotel and because of this it was welcoming, comfortable, easy to be in and felt a little like going to one's own home in a beautiful location.

And that's the difference that makes it so memorable - everyone felt at home, everyone was able to be together and relax. Thanks Diane and Bill, we won't ever forget our time at Upper Court.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 24, 2009

Upper Court offers great accommodation in historic buildings and beautiful surroundings. I have just visited for a weekend where we booked the four larger properties. This was the fourteenth annual gathering of a group of friends; Upper Court provided us the perfect accommodation for 26 adults and a gaggle of toddlers and babies. The owners were very friendly and welcoming and saw to all our needs. The cottages have great rustic historic charm, whilst at the same way being very well equipped for group catering etc.. The downstairs of the Coach House had plenty of space to be the focal point for the weekend for our whole party, and the range of room sizes gave us plenty of flexibility for families, couples and singles. The buildings are set in lovely grounds with plenty of space for both adults and children to explore. Whilst the surrounding villages and hills are lovely, there was enough entertainment at Upper Court that we hardly needed to leave all weekend.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 21, 2009

Three generations-12 of us- spent a wonderful week enjoying everything Upper Court and Kemerton had to offer. There was plenty to do in the grounds, the pub was a short walk away. Croft Farm Waterpark was popular and there were countless pretty villages and churches to visit. The stroll up Bredon Hill was quintessential England of a byegone era! Any problem eg a spent light bulb was dealt with quickly by the very pleasant owners.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed September 10, 2009

> Well what can I say. Thank you so much for a picture perfect, welcoming and
> homely weekend. I can't describe Upper Court as anything less than a
> treasure. A place to dream and relax with absolutely no pressure where you
> can just enjoy being away as a family. Little Amelia hasn't stopped raving
> about her holiday. We enjoyed the privacy of being able to teach her to swim
> under cover, go nature spotting and blackberry picking just beyond the play
> area and making friends with the cygnets and the chickens (and the hedgehog)
> that we found roaming around the grounds. We have already decided that we
> are going to save and try and come back for every season as we can't see how
> anywhere else could provide more but in such an unpretentious atmosphere.
> Send my love to Auriel, I thought she was fab and she made me smile lots so
> really hope she can teach me some art one day :) Have already recommended you to all of my friends. Will update with photographs.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 16, 2009

I stayed in Dove Cote Cottage for 2 weeks. I absolutely fell in love with Upper Court and Kemerton as a village. The cottage is small, but it feels roomy and very cosy. The garden was beautiful and very well kept, you could sit in deck chairs in different parts of the garden and it felt very private. The small river by the cottage made it very special, lot’s of ducks and swans. It is a table and chairs outside the cottage, ideal for breakfast – but be prepared to share it with the ducks! The local pub, The Crown serves very good food, and exploring the Costwolds is easy from Kemerton. I had an excellent stay and felt very welcome; I will defiantly stay again at Dove Cottage in the summer :-)

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 17, 2009

I have stayed at Upper Court on two occassions and after returning from the second visit my fiance and I have decided to hold our wedding reception there! The first time we stayed in the Dovecote, which has a stunning location and is incredibly romantic. It's not often you can lie in a four-post bed while looking out of a window at ducklings swimming past on a lake. The second time we stayed as BandB guests in the main house in the Bird Room. Our room was so pretty and the bathroom seems to have been recently upgraded. We had a four-post bed and views over the croquet lawn and church. Breakfast was delicious with eggs from the house's hens. I agree with other reviews which said that the owners were unobtrusive - they were there we needed them but otherwise we came and went as we pleased. We also spent a very happy evening in the village pub and days walking in the surrounding countryside.
I'm sad about the negative reviews on this site as the experience I have had is so different. I really don't think you can beat the location, grounds and atmosphere. I think deciding to hire the entire venue for the weekend for our wedding is testament to how wonderful I think Upper Court is!

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to Upper Court? Share your experiences!