“Very pleasent stay.”
Review of The Crown Inn

The Crown Inn
Reviewed March 30, 2014

Could only stay for a single night on this occasion, but had a fantastic time. The location is a quiet
village. Our room was spacious clean and comfortable. The pub itself is steeped in character, open fires and low ceilings. Food was wonderful, excellent quality and generous portions. Beer also very good. Excellent value for money. Will be back for a longer stay in near future.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Andrew C

Reviewed March 30, 2014 via mobile

A tale of 2 reviews - stayed a year ago & had a comfy room with pretty pictures on the walls & a nicely tiled, fitted out bathroom. No complaints. This time, however... Ok so it was a very late booking but I got the impression that I had been given the 'last' room (ie not used unless busy) but still charged the full rate.
The bedroom was ok but no pictures on the wall & a bit small but the bathroom was dreadful - old, dark green suite, bath which was so small I couldn't lie down (I'm 5ft 2!!!) and a shower that had definitely seen better days.
I was told that they were fully booked so couldn't change rooms so I decided that I would put up with it as only staying one night.
To add insult to injury I was told on checking out that next time I should ask for a room with a refurbished bathroom! I had no idea that there were different standards of rooms - certainly not mentioned on the website nor was it mentioned when I booked. However, I was still charged full rate for a substandard room - disgraceful.
I like the pub but not the customer attitude. If they had smiled, offered me a reduction in the rate or even apologised then I would have felt that they cared but as it was I left feeling that my 'experience' at the property was not important - needless to say, I will be staying somewhere else on my next trip to the area.
Such a shame - it's a nice place

• Stayed: March 2014
Reviewed March 24, 2014

stay here in march as a base for cheltenham festival with 7 other friends we was greeted at the reception and promptly shown to our rooms even though we arrived early morning.we came came back late at night and went for a couple of beers in the pub and we were made to feel welcome.next morning we went down for a full english breakfast which was excelent especially the sausages.overall i would recommend the crown to anybody and if i should return to the area i will stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank MerseysideStgazza
Reviewed February 15, 2014 via mobile

We stayed in this wonderful pub with excellent accommodation in the middle of torrential rain, slightly difficult to get there! It was made even better by the super friendly helpful service, good menu and excellent food. A very nice atmosphere.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 7, 2014 via mobile

Lovely olde Cotswold pub, with a fantastic atmosphere but so disappointed with our food, it was 'bland' perfectly edible, but the fish pie was swimming in liquid with little fish & the risotto had no flavour.

Maybe we were unlucky on this occasion, the drinks & service was good!

Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 4, 2014

As a local who enjoys nothing more than a Sunday walk and lunch in a decent pub, thank goodness for The Crown. I used to be a regular at The Bell in Sapperton, but it's never been quite the same since Paul and Pat left. The Crown, on the other hand, is everything a great pub should be.....cosy with candles and log fires, friendly staff, great beer and great food. Even our dog is welcome. Please, please visit The Crown and reward them for doing such a great job.....I can't walk any further!

Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 26, 2014 via mobile

Love it, love it, love it! Great food, great beer and ideal location. Roaring fire just capped the ultimate in rural ambiance. This should be on ever bodies bucket list. We live about 4 miles away but still manage to visit at least once if not twice a month.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Enderley007

Been to The Crown Inn? Share your experiences!