Hatton Court Hotel
$86
$65
HolidayInn.com
  • Pool
Hotel Ibis Gloucester(Gloucester)(Great Value!)
Premier Inn Gloucester (Barnwood) Hotel(Gloucester)(Great Value!)
Travelocity
TripAdvisor
  • Restaurant
  • Bar/Lounge
1,434 results
All reviewsjacuzzi bathtara restaurantsuperior roomafternoon teabottle of champagneeggs benedictmain buildingmini barsconeslovely hotelcream teaeast wingwedding venuecourse dinnerboth nightskippersset menu
Reviewed January 4, 2014

I bought a Groupon offer for a festive afternoon tea at Hatton Court as a treat to enjoy with my daughter while she was home from Uni. The service, setting and ambience were faultless but the food was so very disappointing for the money. Thank goodness I did not pay the full price. Food wise, I think this is the most unimpressive afternoon tea I have ever had. I expected better from such an establishment. I wonder if we were treated differently for having the voucher. There were a few other customers there at the time, all armed with printed Groupons. The food had obviously been sat waiting for sometime as the sandwiches were drying at the edges. The carrot cake was without any icing, and so was the Christmas cake. There was no yule log or stollen as promised on the offer or on their own website. There was no attempt at presentation, a salad garnish or a few artistically placed strawberries would have made all the difference. It has to be said that the brownie and scones were delicious although they were on the small side. It seemed to me like the food was mass generated for the voucher-goers but it was still so over-priced.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank Andrea M
Shanna79, General Manager at Hatton Court Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 15, 2014

Dear Andrea M, I am sorry to read that your afternoon tea was not to the quality you expected. The Groupon offer was a fantasic success and our review score is in the early 90s on their feedback site. I can assure you that when we do an offer of any form, we never drop our quality. Our reason for doing the offers is to attract guests who have not been to Hatton Court before and allow them to experience what we offer. I notice you are local to us and I wish you would have taken the time to speak to me at the hotel, instead of writing a negative first review about a local hotel who is trying to support our locals with value offers on voucher sites. I hopefully will see you back at our award winning hotel in the future and I am sure that you will be very happy.

Reviewed January 3, 2014

My husband and I booked a one night post Christmas stay at the HCH.
We were not disappointed. Booked a DB&B. We had a superior room recommend by Lottie on reception who was very helpful and also booked a table for evening meal - one with a view.
Room was in the new block, warm, clean and had a spa bath.
Evening meal was delicious and obviously cooked by a experienced chef.
Breakfast was a little disappointing. Roughly 30 guests for breakfast and two waiting staff. Staff very courteous under what seemed a lot of work for two people, never stopped being polite and courteous when some guests were not quite so polite to them. Breakfast was ok, sausage had obviously been cooked for a while and left under heat lamps, very dry and hard,inedible fried egg burnt and hard. I think,maybe a different chef from the night before
All in all a very pleasant stay and just a note to management:- your front of house staff deserve a well earned pat on the back especially the two who ran breakfast this morning, 2/1/14

Room Tip: Room 28 - view, large windows and a spa bath
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Liz M
Reviewed December 29, 2013

Since my wife and I stayed here 12 months ago there was a noticeable deterioration in things. We booked the bed, breakfast & evening meal deal. The room we were given No10 was looking shabby with ripped wallpaper, missing light fittings and inadequate heating. To be fair the very helpful girl on reception did offer us an alternative room, but as we had so much baggage with us, we did not want to pack and unpack again. A heater was sent to the room to increase the warmth.
The evening meal was delicious but the size of the helpings was noticeably much smaller... this was repeated at breakfast time where scrambled egg on toast was just one half of a bap ! The staff were all very friendly and efficient but the Hotel felt in need of a face lift and good clean. the bar areas and bedroom we encountered looked and felt shabby. We love the hotel situation but it will make us think twice before using again.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Simon H, General Manager at Hatton Court Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 2, 2014

Dear James D,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am delighted to read that you were a return visitor, it is a shame that you did not write a positve review from your first stay.
Since your last stay the hotel has spent £500,000 on a rolling refurbishment program, unfortunately there are a few rooms that are not yet completed, thse will be completed in the coming months. I am surprised to read your comments on our bar and lounges as they have been refurbished.

Reviewed December 28, 2013

We had to spend a night near Gloucester and could not have chosen a better hotel. If you are visiting the Cotswolds or Gloucester/Cheltenham then give this hotel a try. The room was very good - the only down side was the noise from some unruly (probably drunken) guests late at night who decided to have a heated conversation in the corridor outside of our room. Other than that, room service and food was excellent and the breakfast was very good as well

Reviewed December 27, 2013

We have just returned from the 2 night Christmas break. We paid extra for a junior suite (quite a lot extra actually). The service from all of the staff was first rate; very attentive and very helpful at all times and all parts of the hotel so that is very good. The food (breakfast and the other meals) was also very good and served good and hot; just as it should be. What was not so good was the state of the junior suite we stayed in (room 7); the room is now very tatty, especially the curtains which were frayed. Things are not a lot better in the bathroom; no shelving for your own stuff and a over bath shower with very little power (although as there is no shower screen perhaps this is as well). As I understand it some of the lesser rooms have recently been refurbished so may not reflect this comment but it remains very disappointing that the hotel management have let their premium rooms fall so badly below a reasonable standard. I will add the we still very much enjoyed our Christmas break but feel a bit cheated by paying a significant excess for a very tatty room.

Room Tip: Just avoid the more expensive rooms (until they get around to refurbishing them).

Dear Engineer42,

Thank you for your review, I am delighted to read that you had a many good aspects to your stay. Unfortunately our suite was not to your liking, as you will have noticed we have invested heavily in the product over the last 2 years and that will continue in 2014, with Room 7 being a priority.