Lovely location, great for touring around the Cotswolds. Staff very friendly and the food was very good. As charming as the pub area was, our accommodation was quite disappointing. Having booked and paid £95 a night for what was described as a 'superior double room', although clean, was very tired looking and in desperate need of an upgrade. In fact, it felt like staying in the spare room of someone that wasn't expecting visitors! The furniture was mismatched, as was the bedding and soft furnishings. The bathroom was extremely dated with a shower over a very tall bath, that didn't work properly at all during our stay. About time for a separate shower unit I think!
The stair carpet was very grubby and could also do with replacing. This room was certainly not worth the money we paid and with the B and B trade being so highly competitive, attention to detail makes such a massive difference for paying guests, which at the moment is sadly lacking at The Churchill Arms. Management, please take note!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Churchill Arms, Paxford is a boutique pub nestled away in the North of The Cotswolds. With its historical local character at our core we pride ourselves on thought about British classics. With two characterful but modern en-suite bedrooms we're located just outside Chipping Camden. Less than a 2 hour journey by train or car from London we're in the perfect spot to explore this Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty. Our cosy bar, stocked with beers and local ales is just a good a place to while away an afternoon. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline and Booking.com so you can book your The Churchill Arms reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Churchill Arms Hotel Paxford
- The Churchill Arms Paxford, England