The Churchill Arms is an excellent B&B in the Cotswolds. It is listed as being in Chipping Camden, but Paxford is more or less a rural suburb of the scenic little town (which, by American standards, is like a suburb of Stratford-upon-Avon). Its pastoral setting is to die for. The place is a restored inn that dates back, I believe, to the 16th century; the wooden floors are old and worn and the downstairs part is a quaint and rustic pub still popular with the locals. One good reason to stay here is the breakfast, one of the best I've ever experienced. The breakfast menu includes several great choices; I had kippers and porridge (oatmeal) served with cream which knocked me out. The evening meal, although pricey, was also remarkable. Best of all was the view from the room--it looked out over farmland and sheep grazing as far as the eye could see, with the Cotswolds in the distance.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Churchill Arms, Paxford is a boutique pub nestled away in the North of The Cotswolds. With its historical local character at our core we pride ourselves on thought about British classics. With two characterful but modern en-suite bedrooms we're located just outside Chipping Camden. Less than a 2 hour journey by train or car from London we're in the perfect spot to explore this Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty. Our cosy bar, stocked with beers and local ales is just a good a place to while away an afternoon. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Agoda so you can book your The Churchill Arms reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Churchill Arms Hotel Paxford
- The Churchill Arms Paxford, England