“An excellent base”

The Cheltenham Chase Hotel - A QHotel
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Brockworth
Reviewed October 7, 2013

I spent two nights here for a choral week-end and the hotel provided an excellent base for us. The rooms were a good size, quiet and comfortable. Staff were pleasant and helpful. Breakfast offered a good range, including excellent fresh fruit. We chose not to eat in for dinner as it seemed rather expensive. The only downside was the prices at the bar and the fact that our bill included a dinner and lunch that we had not taken! However, reception staff dealt with this very efficiently and overall we enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
General M, General Manager at The Cheltenham Chase Hotel - A QHotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 14, 2013

Dear MSop2
Thanks for taking the time to post a review and I'm glad to hear that you found the Hotel to be such an excellent base.
It sounds as though you were booked on a dinner inclusive rate which would have given you a £26 per person allowance towards your dinner with us. Our new menu has plenty of menu choices allowing you to choose a starter, main and dessert. I am sorry that you didn't take the opportunity to dine with us on this occasion.
Thank you for your feedback.
Keith Turnbull

Write a ReviewReviews (1,875)

Reviewed October 4, 2013

Went to this hotel last week for my friends hen do, spa was lovely beauticians were good, buffet lunch was nice service was slow...... Hotel rooms were off a good size, beds comfy!... Evening meal was a let down... main meal portion size was more starter size, my friends meal had to be sent back as burnt ... Menu needs looking at as wasn't very appealing...... Pudding was nice & thank god breakfast was fab as I was starving by morning!! Haha!!!.... Overall ok stay but go out for dinner!!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends

Dear amanda85
Thanks for your review. I hope that you and your friends had a great hen do at the Hotel.
I'm sorry to read your comments regarding your evening meal. We have recently recruited a new Head Chef and have now implemented a new menu so we are constantly reviewing our guest feedback to make sure we are meeting our guests' expectations.

Reviewed September 30, 2013

Whenever I'm on a business trip in Gloucester I stay in this hotel. I've tried several others in that area but so far I've found none that could compete. All rooms are spacious and bright. The gym is big enough, but the pool could be a bit longer (around 15m). In the SPA area they also have 2 saunas and a whirlpool.
The food in the bar is ok, but nothing special. That is why I usually dine out. The breakfast is better, but only served till 9:30 AM. The food served during business conferences for lunch is very nice though.
The internet is free and quite fast, regardless the hour, which is very important for me.
Be aware that there is nothing around the hotel, so you'll need a car to visit Gloucester or Cheltenham.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
General M, General Manager at The Cheltenham Chase Hotel - A QHotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 4, 2013

Dear Filip C
Good to hear from one of our Business users - many thanks for taking the time to post a review.
We have recently introduced a new menu in our Restaurant and I therefore hope that you will try the restaurant again when you next stay. We are getting lots of great feedback already and hopefully it may suit your needs better than our previous menu.
We are placed more or less equally between the centres of both Cheltenham and Gloucester, both being approximately 6 miles away, so some form of transport is required if you want to visit these towns. That being said we do have a very regular bus service to and from both towns from right outside the front entrance of the Hotel.
Thank you for your continued custom and I look forward to you returning to the Hotel again in the near future.

Reviewed September 30, 2013

excellant hotel especially the very clean and spacious room the staff were polite and helpful the food was very high standard the wife and i stayed for 2 nights on fri /sat nights from the moment we arrived to checkout the staff could not do enough for us thanks very much

Room Tip: room 48 quieter corner room
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear anthony w
Thanks for your feedback Anthony and I'm so pleased that you had such an enjoyable time away with your wife.
Hopefully see you again soon.

Reviewed September 29, 2013

My daughter and I spent 2 days at the hotel for her birthday treat and what a treat it was.
From the moment we arrived we were treated as special people.The staff everywhere were so polite and helpful and always had smiles on their faces.

I must pay particular mention to the girls in the Spa -Rachael, Emma and Lucy. They were lovely girls and our treatments were amazing. Unfortunately there were workmen on the roof and whilst we were having our facials there was continuous banging. Although we didn't complain to anyone we were both offered an extra treatment the following day for free-much appreciated.

Our room was on the ground floor. It was large, nicely furnished and very comfortable. The bath was huge and the shower was powerful with plenty of hot water.

Food at both dinner and breakfast was very good and the choice at breakfast is huge. It certainly filled us up for our day's shopping in Cheltenham.

The staff on reception were really helpful and knowledgeable about the local area.

My only criticism of our whole stay was that I think they need to go back to providing biscuits with the cheeseboard. It is quite expensive ant to be given 3 stale extra thin slices of ciabatta? bread did not work. I must say though that when we complained we were served a whole plateful of savoury biscuits. Thank you.

We will certainly be returning as we came away relaxed and refreshed.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Col Y

Dear Col Y
Thanks for your feedback. I'm so pleased that we were able to provide such a treat of a stay for you and your daughter. I hope that you enjoyed your quality time together.
I've passed your comments regarding Rachael, Emma and Lucy in the Spa on to them as I know that they will be so pleased to read your comments. We also reward all of the team members who receive a mention by name in guest feedback so thanks for taking the time to do this.
We take on board your comments regarding serving biscuits with Cheese and hope that you will return with your daughter again some time soon.

Reviewed September 29, 2013

My wife and I stayed over for an event Themed Race Night on Friday night and a team building event on Saturday morning.

From check in to the time we left everything was perfect. The food was excellent, the room and public spaces have been refurbished to a very high standard and the staff were very attentive.

The event on the Saturday made use of their 6 acre field at the back (which is a great resource which I'll make sure to tell my corporate clients about as it gives business events at the Chase the potential for a whole different dimension).

Oh and finally the food was very good quality from the dinner on Friday night, great breakfast through to the BBQ to finish on the lawned patio area to the rear. We'll be back :)

Room Tip: Rooms to the rear have great views over open countryside, although they are all finished to a good s...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family

Dear RobThomasWSI
We could quite easily use your fabulous review in our marketing literature it is so glowing! Thank you so much for taking the time to give such positive feedback on your stay and your experience of attending an event here. We rarely get Event Delegates posting feedback on Trip Advisor so it is much appreciated.
Our field at the rear of the Hotel has been used for many different types of events over the years... Hot Air Balloon Launches, Classic Club Rallys and out door team building events as just a few examples and has the potential to accommodate many other types of events.
Now... back to the drawing board to see how we can improve on 'Perfect'....
I hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed September 28, 2013

It comes as a pleasant surprise for a fairly large hotel to have such kind and attentive staff who throughout our short stay demonstrated a genuine and pleasant manner and could not do enough to make sure all our needs were met.
Besides offering a very high level of comfort both in the bedroom and in the lounge areas, our dining experience was first class and the new menu provided a good choice of fresh well presented food with excellent portion sizes.
I certainly look forward to returning to the hotel when the opportunity arises.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Cliveh989
Thank you for taking the time to let us know your thoughts on your recent stay. I'm so pleased to hear that you appreciated our new Restaurant Menu. Our team here really are fabulous and it's great that they get so many positive mentions here on Trip Advisor.... all of which are passed on to them, so thank you for such lovely feedback.
We hope to welcome you again soon.
Keith Turnbull

Also consider these accommodations in or near Brockworth
Jurys Inn Cheltenham
De Vere Tortworth Court
#1 of 1 in Tortworth
2 mi away
Mercure Gloucester, Bowden Hall Hotel
Mercure Gloucester, Bowden Hall ...
#1 of 2 in Upton St Leonards
No 38 The Park
No 38 The Park
#7 of 23 in Cheltenham

Been to The Cheltenham Chase Hotel - A QHotel? Share your experiences!