“Luxury”

The Cheltenham Chase Hotel - A QHotel
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Brockworth
Reviewed December 28, 2012

We stayed here to celebrate my 30Th birthday and got a good deal. The room was lovely and well equipped, the food was delicious and the service was excellent!
The only thing is the drinks are VERY exensive! £15 for 2 alcoholic drinks is a bit steep! Hence why I only gave 4 stars

Room Tip: Value of the drinks was far too expensive
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
KTurnbull, General Manager at The Cheltenham Chase Hotel - A QHotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 31, 2012

Dear Melango.
Thank you for your kind comments following your recent stay. There is little I could wish to add to your comments on the food and service and I will take real pleasure in passing them on to all of the team involved. We do regularly compare our drinks prices to the local hotel market to ensure that we remain competitive, I am sorry that you found this prohibitive on this occasion.
yours sincerely

Reviewed December 27, 2012

My husband and I booked this Christmas Break direct with the hotel and after looking at some of the previous reviews was a little uneasy about our stay. I couldn't have been more wrong!
From the moment we arrived the staff were friendly and could not do enough for you. Tea/coffee and scones were available which went down well after our trip in the wet. The room was beautifully clean and spacious and lovely and warm with a large comfortable bed. On returning the the receiption we were given the internary for the following three days complete with the menu choices. The food was pentiful and delivered on hot plates could not fault it. We were entertained by either live singers and or a disco unfortunately I did feel for them as the age group of the majority of guests were elderly the restaurant cleared as soon as the meal finished but there were a few groups like minded to us who enjoyed dancing the night away. All in all our Christmas Break was the most enjoyable we have had this was due to the staff, chefs etc. Well done will definately be seeing you all again.

Room Tip: We had room 123 which was on the first floor and was an upraded room which had the benefit of bathro...

Dear Ann E
We are delighted that you enjoyed your Christmas Break here at Cheltenham Chase.
With over 160 guests here for a minimum of three nights it has been a busy time for all of the team involved and we are delighted that your break was delivered in the style that all of the team worked hard to achieve. I do hope that you have a Happy New Year and we may have the pleasure of your company again in 2013.

Reviewed December 26, 2012 via mobile

My boyfriend and I stayed at the Cheltenham chase for a two night travel zoo break, check in was smooth, room clean with a large comfortable bed, hairdryer, tea/ coffee facilities. We were given information about the local area on arrival and use to visit some of the small historic villages on the romantic roads ( recommend) breakfast on both mornings was great with a large selection to choose from. Dinner on the second night was lovely, a few hiccups ( run out of the wine we wanted, brought warm replacement white wine instead and added an extra bottle to the bill) but all issues were dealt with quickly and professionally. Check out was smooth, being my birthday weekend I phoned reception on Friday evening to request a massage in the spa on the Saturday afternoon and reception informed me that the spa staff had now finished so they took my details of what treatment I would like and mob number and said they would check availability first thing and contact me, this did not happen, lucky I checked with reception and the spa before going out and they fitted me in for a very lovely massage. Recommend booking with the spa directly to avoid disappointment. I have read on the other reviews about problems with temperature, we did not experience this. The room had temperature control and public areas were warm, overall a lovely stay and we would consider this hotel for future stays. Excellent value for money.

• Stayed: December 2012

Dear kitkatExeter
May I thank you for your kind comments following your leisure break here in Cheltenham. The romantic road is a great leisure drive and popular with many of our guests, especially the classic car community. Your comments on the Spa are very true - it is unusual to have availability on the day and I too recommend booking in advance to avoid disappointment. We very much look forward to welcoming you back to the Chase.

Reviewed December 23, 2012

This was booked through Travel Zoo as a birthday celebration. The offer was for 2nights bed and breakfast, dinner on 1 night and a Cotswold cream tea supposedly worth £13 each!
We decided to forego lunch and have tea on arrival - which turned out to be one scone each and a pot of tea for two!
On complaining to the manager we were offered a complete tea the following afternoon which was very enjoyable.
I treated myself to a manicure at the spa but was very disappointed.

All the staff were very pleasant and helpful.

Bit noisy when the party revellers went home!

Excellent dinner in the restaurant which was surprisingly quiet, only one other couple. Very attentive service.

Dear Rosalie e,
Many thanks for taking the time and trouble to pass on your comments. I am delighted that you found all members of the team here helpful and that you thoroughly enjoyed your dinner, and I will take pleasure in passing this on to the team. May I also thank you for your comments regarding the cream tea included in this offer. Whilst I am pleased that it was rectified for you the content should have been correct in the first place and our communication better, should we repeat this offer in 2013. Thank you for bringing it to my attention.
yours sincerely

Reviewed December 19, 2012

Our second stay here, and won't be the last, Very comfortable, reasonably priced and well - located just on the outskirts of Gloucester / Cheltenham. Ideal for us. I guess the only downside might be the need for transport to get into either place, but plenty of taxis available

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear jpkipper.
Thank you for your kind comments. We are delighted that you will be returning to Cheltenham Chase and do look forward to welcoming you back in the near future. We may be situated between the two towns of Cheltenham and Gloucester but that simply creates twice as many places of interest to visit and reasons to stay !

Reviewed December 16, 2012

£95 for two with diner & breakfast in Cheltenham with full leisure facilities, how can you beat that ?. The bedroom was warm & spacious with a large bathroom & the hotel overall was very good. Staff were friendly & efficient & the food for both diner & breakfast was good. Hotel is a few miles outside Cheltenham which is the only negative comment I can give. I am sure there are better hotels in Cheltenham but you will not get a better one for this money.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
General M, General Manager at The Cheltenham Chase Hotel - A QHotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 18, 2012

Thanks for your great feedback on your stay with us! We might be a few miles outside of Cheltenham but the plus side is that we are easily accessible from the motorway, you won't have to fight the traffic and we have ample free parking!
Joking aside, it was brilliant to hear that you enjoyed your stay and we hope you'll consider returning very soon.
Kind regards

Reviewed December 16, 2012

We stayed overnight at this hotel with friends as we were going to Cheltenham races. It was a nice hotel - quite a distance from the racecourse - and cost us £50 return in taxi fares. The reception and bar/lounge area was nice and spacious with a relaxing ambience. We had our evening meal in the hotel restaurant - it was ok - we ordered our meals to be old that the kitchen had ran out of what we wanted so we had to choose alternatives. I ordered the cheese board for pudding it cost £8 and I was very disappointed with what came out - 3 tiny pieces of cheese!! Not good!! The service was also slow at times and often forgetful with us having to ask for things several times.
The breakfast buffet was good.
I would stay here again - but would probably choose another hotel if going to Cheltenham races that was closer.

Stayed: December 2012

Thank you for your feedback! It certainly sounds like you enjoyed your stay at the Hotel for Cheltenham Races which is great to hear, but please don't be deterred from returning to go to the races in the future - we offer a free shuttle service for guests staying to attend the Cheltenham Festival in March.
I'm sorry that we were unable to supply you with the menu choices you requested and I have passed your comments regarding this and the Cheeseboard on to our Head Chef in order for him to take any necessary action.
We hope to welcome you back to the Hotel soon.... Maybe for Cheltenham Festival?!
Kind regards
Keith Turnbull

Also consider these accommodations in or near Brockworth
DoubleTree by Hilton Cheltenham
Ellenborough Park
Ellenborough Park
#4 of 23 in Cheltenham
Mercure Gloucester, Bowden Hall Hotel
Mercure Gloucester, Bowden Hall ...
#1 of 2 in Upton St Leonards

Been to The Cheltenham Chase Hotel - A QHotel? Share your experiences!