“2 Night special offer.”

The Cheltenham Chase Hotel - A QHotel
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Brockworth
Reviewed December 1, 2012

We booked a Travel Zoo special offer to stay for two nights which included a bottle of wine in the room , afternoon tea and a 3 course meal .
On arrival the reception staff were friendly and helpful.
The corridors and the bedroom were very cold and uninviting, the heating system was totally inadequate.
Afternoon tea was said to be to the value of £13 it consisted of one scone clotted cream and tea for two very disappointing and not what you would expect for an afternoon tea.
The 3 course dinner and the breakfast were excellent.
The Hotel is set up to cater for the needs of the businessman and used as a conference centre.
We were booked to stay for two nights but didn`t stay the second night as our bedroom was cold and not at all cosy we decided that we would go home to a nice warm house.

Room Tip: Ask to see the rooms first if the public areas and the bedrooms are exceptionally cold at this time...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
General M, General Manager at The Cheltenham Chase Hotel - A QHotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 4, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments regarding your stay at The Chase. I am sorry that you found your room and the corridors to be cold. This is the second review in succession that we have received commenting on the temperature and I can assure you that we are following this up as a matter of urgency. I hope that you will accept our sincere apologies for any inconvenience caused.
Thank you also for your comments regarding the Afternoon tea included on the Travel Zoo offer which we do take on board.
I am pleased that you found the Breakfast and Dinner to be excellent and I hope that you would not be put off from returning to the Hotel in the future.

Reviewed December 1, 2012

Good 4 star hotel, perfect for business, wifi included. The best is the spa and gym. Just one bad note is that the room was a bit cold, the heater could not reach to warm up the big room. I slept in 2 different rooms (2 nights in one and 1 night in another one) but it was the same. Anyway in general it is a very good hotel. I enjoyed it.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business

Thank you for your feedback and great to hear from one of our Business guests! I'm pleased that you found The Chase so suited to your needs and also that you appreciated our extensive Spa and Gym facilities.
I am sorry that you found your room(s) to be a little on the cold side and I hope that you will accept our sincere apologies for any inconvenience caused. Thank you for bringing this to our attention, we are investigating the heating in both of the rooms in which you stayed to check that there is no underlying problem.
I hope that you will not be deterred from returning to the Hotel in the near future.

Reviewed November 27, 2012

On arrival at reception, I tried to reserve a table for dinner and was told to go to the restaurant to book it myself. I waited for 5 minutes for someone to book me in. On arrival at dinner another 5 minutes went by before I was ushered to a seat near the window which was cold. The choice of brown or white bread was followed by an apology as there was no brown bread. I ordered a G&T which took another 6 minutes to arrive. The menu was adequate but the starter was cold (mushrooms on a soggy brioche) but the main (pork belly) was tasty even if the pork crust was uncuttable and rubbery. I requested a glass of NZ Sauv Blanc which arrived in a dirty glass and was defnitley not what was ordered - tasted like a cheap Chile SB or Chardonnay. The waiter then brought the correct wine in a clean glass ("Sorry sir, I did not pur the first one!"). I requested a desert menu which never arrived so after 10 more minutes I paid the bill and left.
Service was not of an accepatable standard - slow and unengaging - and the overall impression was a very average dining experience. Better hotels to be had in the area than the QH Chase!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
General M, General Manager at The Cheltenham Chase Hotel - A QHotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 28, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments regarding your experience at The Cheltenham Chase Hotel. I was made aware of your comments regarding your experience on check-out this morning but understand that at the time you did not want to discuss this with the Duty Manager. I am sorry that you were disappointed with your experience in our Restaurant. I can assure you that this is certainly not a true reflection of our normal standard of food and service I will ensure that action is taken as necessary in order maintain our standards for the future.
Thank you for bringing this matter to our attention.

Reviewed November 25, 2012

We have stayed in this hotel four times and have found it a very good. The staff are frendly and helpfully especially when we went for breakfast. Our room was large and comfortable. We will be staying here again in the future.

Stayed: November 2012
1  Thank Aajwood

It's fantastic to hear you will be returning and thank you for taking the trouble to post such great feedback regarding your stay with us!
I have passed your compliments on to the Breakfast team here - they will be really pleased to read your comments.
We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed November 24, 2012

Very clean comfortable bedroom, all bedrooms are far enough away from traffic so a good nights sleep is guaranteed, and the breakfast is excellent. Menu for dinner is a little limited but you can enjoy the same food in the lounge/bar area that is available in the restaurant. Location is excellent being just a few miles from Cheltenham Racecourse the home of National Hunt Racing

Room Tip: A car is a required
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends

Thank you for your feedback, I'm grateful for your positive feedback and It's great to hear that you had an enjoyable stay! We're very lucky to be so accessible to Cheltenham Racecourse and we hope you might consider coming to stay with us for one of the forthcoming meets. The International takes place on the 14th and 15th December, there is New Year's Day Racing, the Festival Trials day on 26th January '13 and most importantly The Festival from 12th - 15th March 2013. Plenty of opportunity to see some great horse racing!
We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed November 11, 2012

After reading reviews I booked a suite as a surprise for my husband. On arrival check in was quick but the key system wasn't working and we were shown to our room and help offered with our luggage. All good so far. The suite was a reasonable size but located above reception and over looking the car park so not exactly a scenic view! The room was also fairly shabby- chipped furniture and paintwork, scratched bathroom surfaces (not granite), cushions with broken zips crudely sewn and coming undone and visible dust on the four poster. The room was really cold and after a couple of hours we visited reception and a portable heater was promptly brought to the room. What was nice was the complimentary tea,coffee, bottle of red and nibbles.
I managed to book my husband in for a massage which he said was good and very reasonably priced. The spa area was a let down. Small, crowded and again worn and the shower area in the ladies was quite smelly and again cleanliness was an issue.
As part of our package a dinner allowance was included. Restaurant staff were good as was the food but service was fairly slow.
All ok until about 1.30AM when a group of noisey guests returned. By 3.45AM it was finally quiet! We had tried to call reception several times but the phone went unanswered. The guests were at times outside the main entrance doors and could clearly be heard. I don't begrudge anybody a good time but the fact that our calls were not answered and it was obvious that nobody had dealt with the noise outside reception either clearly put pay to our relaxing stay!!
Breakfast was good. A wide selection. Restaurant staff not as good as the evening before.
On departure we complained about our calls not being answered and lack of sleep. We were promptly seen by the duty manager and our outstanding bill cleared (about £33).
On arrival home I called the hotel and explained that although I was grateful for the gesture of clearing our bill I wasn't completely satisfied as the night had been ruined. I explained that I didn't make a fuss at the time as I was exhausted and didn't want to further ruin the "surprise". My details were being passed to management but to date I have yet to receive a response (over one week later).

2  Thank jrbne
J_Sibbald-Wall, General Manager at The Cheltenham Chase Hotel - A QHotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 12, 2012

Thank you for posting your comments on trip advisor regarding your stay. I was made aware of your original complaint and indeed received your subsequent QHotels on-line review and a reply was sent to you on the 9th November. I do hope that you have now received my reply.
I was very disappointed to read your comments regarding one of our suites as we have not received any adverse comments previously. We do of course endeavour to minimise any disruption caused by fellow guests and I am therefore sorry to hear that your call to reception was unanswered and I have addressed this issue with the team here.
I hope that you will accept my sincere apologies for any inconvenience caused and that we may have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the Hotel in the near future.
Jennifer Sibbald-Wall

Reviewed November 11, 2012

Booked online for Best Available Rate including dinner and breakfast, rate is unrestricted, requires credit card for confirmation only.
This was the wording on the booking.
When ordering dinner the menue gave two prices for inclusive meal, this was an allowance but you could order over it and pay the difference. As I had no restictions , se above, I ordered my choice, only to find that the additional cost was added to my final bill (for two people £16.48). i challenged this, produced my booking which stated that I was unrestricted, after much argument this amount was reduced from my bill. BE WARNED.

Loverly hotel but bar overpriced and normally pay London prices !

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
J_Sibbald-Wall, General Manager at The Cheltenham Chase Hotel - A QHotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 13, 2012

Thank you for posting your comments on trip advisor and also for taking the time and trouble to give us more detailed feedback via a QHotels on-line review.

I am sorry that there seemed to be some confusion over the terminology used in your confirmation. The 'un-restricted' rate terminology refers only to booking conditions and not to what is actually included in your rate. On your confirmation there should also have been mention of a dinner allowance, which would have been either £26 or £22 depending on which rate you booked on. I am sorry that this was not made clear enough and we are now looking at our booking confirmations in order to make this more obvious in future. I hope that you will accept our sincere apologies for any inconvenience caused and I was pleased to hear that we were able to offer a discount from your bill as a gesture of goodwill.

I hope that your stay with us was otherwise enjoyable and that you would not be deterred from returning to the Hotel in the future.

Jennifer Sibbald-Wall

Also consider these accommodations in or near Brockworth
Jurys Inn Cheltenham
DoubleTree by Hilton Cheltenham
#1 of 1 in Charlton Kings
Holiday Inn Gloucester - Cheltenham
Mercure Gloucester, Bowden Hall Hotel
Mercure Gloucester, Bowden Hall ...
#1 of 2 in Upton St Leonards

Been to The Cheltenham Chase Hotel - A QHotel? Share your experiences!