The Cheltenham Chase Hotel - A QHotel
PremierInn.com
Premier Inn Gloucester (Little Witcombe) Hotel(Little Witcombe)(Great Value!)
$100
$90
Holiday Inn Gloucester - Cheltenham(Gloucester)(Great Value!)
  • Pool
$171
Premier Inn Gloucester (Barnwood) Hotel(Gloucester)(Great Value!)
$72
PremierInn.com
Hotel Ibis Gloucester(Gloucester)(Great Value!)
$42
$34
$74
$122
$76
Hotels.com
Hatton Court Hotel(Upton St Leonards)
$78
Agoda.com
  • Breakfast included
1,927 results
All reviewsq hotelsspa breakgood sizeevening mealleisure facilitieslovely hotelnight breakbuffet lunchcream teabreakaway clubreception staffbar arearestaurant managerlight lunchsteam room and saunarelaxation roomhotel restaurant
FilterAll languages
Reviewed November 5, 2012

We have just stayed at this Hotel and had a great couple of days. The Staff are excellent and nothing is too much trouble. They were all very friendly and seemed to want to make sure you were ok and enjoying your stay. Room and facilities brilliant. Thoroughly enjoyed our stay and food was really good too.

Room Tip: I think any room would be good. We stayed in 121 and had a lovely view of back garden and hills.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
J_Sibbald-Wall, General Manager at The Cheltenham Chase Hotel - A QHotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 12, 2012

That's fabulous to hear! Thank you so much for posting such lovely comments regarding your stay.

I have passed your comments on to the team here and we hope you will come back and visit again soon!

Reviewed November 5, 2012

Having stayed at the Cheltenham Chase a few times before,there was no place i would book for a last minute surprise for my wife than here. A superb room again,food and service were second to none. I booked last minute on 26/10/12 at 9.30 am and you managed to fit us in that day! I wanted to book an extra night to make a long weekend but was unable to as two weddings were taking place that weekend.The lady i spoke to told me to ask in the morning just in case of cancellations. After a great night, fabulous breakfast, i asked if it was possible to stay an extra night.The lady on the front desk explained they had recieved no cancellations so was unable to give us an extra night stay.We were disappointed but accepted it. I then asked the lady on the desk if it was possible for here to book us into one of your sister hotels, i was shocked to hear her reply that she didnt have time as she was on her own on the front desk!! Dissapointed, i used the computer in the hotel lobby and booked a hotel within five minutes ! ( NOT a Q hotel im afraid ) We were hoping to return to your hotel in November for my birthday but thinking twice about it now.
Many thanks for the one night we did stay, it was wonderfull as always.
Regards
Mr&Mrs Mooney

Room Tip: No tips i'm sorry, as all the rooms we have stayed in at the Cheltenham Chase have been exellent!
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
J_Sibbald-Wall, General Manager at The Cheltenham Chase Hotel - A QHotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 6, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments regarding your stay. It's brilliant to hear that you enjoyed your stay so much you requested an additional night, but not so great to hear the response you received. I am so surprised that any of our reception team would respond in this manner and I will investigate this fully with the team. My sincere apologies.

I do hope that this isolated incident will not deter you from visiting us again in November.

Thank you once again for your feedback.

Reviewed November 4, 2012

We booked this hotel for 10 girls, great weekend Saturday - Monday to get away from it all. Had a lovely time, food very good, spa treatments lovely, rooms great. Would recommend it. However only 2 moans, first of all on arrival we all met in the bar area, ordered drinks and then went onto order food. The service was awful, waiting for 40 minutes plus for a sandwich, not helpful at all. Other people for their food who ordered after the person that had been waiting the longest, the waitress was a little rude. Got told eventually that the kitchen has lost the order and there was a wedding on and one 1 chef - waiting time 50 minutes. No offer of refund or drink on them. Also they were confused what should be served for afternoon tea. The scones and cream came before the sandwiches. The only other moan was that for a spa hotel, which does have and did have at the time of our stay large groups of girls in for spa weekends away, they only had 4 sun beds around the pool and a couple maybe 3 chairs in another area. Not very good as we wanted to go for a swim, sauna etc., and then chill out around the pool - ended up sitting on the floor or leaving as no where to sit and relax. Really could do with sorting this out - have been to health spas before and lots of room to relax, read, chill by the pool. I would recommend as did have a lovely time with friends.
Food was very good, breakfast was lovely, good choice at lunch time which was included in our spa cost and evening meal. The staff in the restuarant was very good, especially the breakfast staff. Lovely little chap serving us, very polite. Could not fault the staff at all, apart from that one time when we arrived on the Saturday and ordered lunch from the bar. I would stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank BerkshireDolly

Thanks for your feedback on your Girls weekend at the Cheltenham Chase. It's good to hear that you enjoyed your time with us overall but disappointing that we didn't get our service in the bar completely right. We were busy on the day of your arrival however, that should not be an excuse and I have discussed your comments with the team here in order to take any action necessary for the future. I hope that you will accept my sincere apologies for any inconvenience caused.

I also note your comments regarding the number of chairs on poolside. Because of the space on poolside we are limited to the number of loungers/chairs that we can have for safety reasons. We do have a separate relaxation area for our spa guests, however we will give this area some thought to see if we can find a solution.

Thank you once again for your feedback and we hope to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed November 3, 2012

I booked a 3-day break at Cheltenham Chase through Travelzoo to celebrate my wife getting through 5 months of horrific morning sickness. It was meant to be a stress-free and enjoyable trip to the Cotswolds. The hotel is excellently located for Cheltenham, Gloucester and the surrounding area. The building is very modern/smart but a touch soulless - it has a 'sales conference feel' to it and there were a lot of symposiums/events going on (not necessarily a criticism)...
Our problems started on reaching the room at around 5:00. The heating did not work. Though the staff were quick to bring a plug-in radiator there was no offer of a room change. Maintenance staff did not arrive until 8:00 the following morning (right in the middle of our lay-in!). It was however, the catering that caused us the most distress. At dinner that night I was served raw (not under-cooked...raw!) partridge. When I complained I was told I was wrong as game birds do look pink when cooked! Only pointing out the pool of blood on my plate secured me another meal. Only after vociferous argument was the meal removed from my bill. Breakfast was no better. My juice glass was dirty and had lipstick on (for 2 mornings in succession) and the bread for toasting was dry and stale.
We decided to cut our losses and curtail our stay. The desk staff were obstructive and made life difficult for us to do this... They did not deter us!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Scancheck

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments regarding your stay. I am so sorry to hear that your stay did not live up to your expectations. I can assure you that you experience of the Hotel is certainly not true reflection of our normal standards of service as you can see from the majority of reviews.

We do appreciate all of our guest feedback, both good and bad, as it does prove to be a most valuable tool in maintaining of levels of guest satisfaction. Your comments have been circulated to the team here in order to take any action necessary for the future.

I would like to offer you my sincere apologies for any inconvenience caused.

Reviewed October 31, 2012

Our visit was a two night package with friends and I must say that it was more than I expected. Our room was large, warm and comfortable. All meals were first class as was the service in the restaurant.

If I was forced to point out a negative I would mention the time it took to book in and out at reception, it was a triffle slow which reduced my overall rating from excellent to very good. Having said that, we will be back, this is a great Hotel.

Room Tip: We were on the ground floor and everything was perfect.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends

Thank you for taking the time and trouble to post a review regarding your stay at The Cheltenham Chase Hotel.

I am sorry that it took you a while to check-in to the Hotel. I can assure you that this is certainly not a true reflection of our normal standards of service.

It's great to hear that you rated your stay as 'first class'! I hope that you'll return to stay with us again very soon.