“A Good Stop-over”

Premier Inn Gloucester Business Park Hotel
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Brockworth
Reviewed June 27, 2013

Stopped en route to Dorset having pre-booked a room. This Premier Inn is located a couple of minutes from the M5 and our room was ready even though we arrived a little early.
Clean, spacious & well laid out, & despite having a rather pre-historic looking TV the room was more than adequate for a stop over. The staff on reception were courteous & friendly, and the nearby Brewers Fayre pub/restaurant is OK for food and service.
Within easy walking distance is a large Tesco's, Subway & Costa Coffee shop etc, so no problems if you've forgotten anything or just want a snack.
The Premier Inn chain is well known for excellent value for money - this particular Inn easily matched those standards.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Philip H, Front Office Manager at Premier Inn Gloucester Business Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 29, 2013

Thank You for taking the time to write a review.
Kind regards

Reviewed June 14, 2013

Receptionist and welcome good,Second floor room good, TV a bit dated - only one easy chair for 2 guests, come On PH management, give another chair.

Enjoyed our stay.

Dined at adjoining restaurant - buffet night - good selection and value, did not have breakfast.

MJG123

Room Tip: First and second floor rooms better
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Philip H, Front Office Manager at Premier Inn Gloucester Business Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 16, 2013

Thank you for your review. We appreciate your feedback very much as this enables us to continue to meet the expectations of our guests and give you the best possible service. Thank you so much for your review and kind words we do hope to welcome you back in the future.
Kind Regards

Reviewed June 11, 2013

Stayed for one night to break the journey to Torquay. Friendly welcome, room pre-paid so check In quick and easy. You get a car park voucher to avoid paying for parking. Good sized room, value for the £39.00 paid. The inn is located next to a Tesco, Greggs, Costa to name a few. We ate at the pub attached - there were a number of regulars in the pub judging by the greetings from the staff but we couldn't see the attraction - one to avoid from our experience. That said, the premier inn is in a good location and the usual high standards for these hotels was met an review score based purely on the hotel

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Philip H, Front Office Manager at Premier Inn Gloucester Business Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 14, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. It was great to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us here at Gloucester Business Park. It really matters to us that our guests enjoy their stay and your feedback is very much appreciated.
Kind regards

Reviewed June 7, 2013

I checked in after a long day of travelling for business, and was greeted by a friendly receptionist who explained everything to me, and also checked if I had parked in the car park, as you require a permit or have to pay to park in the car park. It was explained how I get my meal deal at the pub restaurant next door, and times of when breakfast was.

I had a room on the top floor at the back of the hotel.
It was a big room for what I was expecting, and was clean and tidy. The only thing I would say is that they could do with having a towel rail for hand towels, rather than having to put them back on the shelf.

You can get 30 minutes free wifi per day, and they also have tv's with Freeview.

My biggest dilemma when I got to sleep was to have the firm or softer pillows.

I don't know if it's the road layout or my sat nav, but when I came off the M5 a J11A it sent me down a dual carriageway and back the other way to get there, i could have possibly missed the turning.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for taking the time to write your review.
I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed you visit with us and would like to welcome you back to the Gloucester Business Park Premier Inn in the future.
Many Thanks

Reviewed May 10, 2013

Please note that I am writing this review purely on the room and the welcome/service I received. I did not eat at the restaurant.

Arrived - easily found - at a new building, close by a Costa, Tesco and other amenities.

The welcome was very friendly and polite - appreciated after a long day and bit of a drive.

Room is big, shower is great. Clean, tidy and everything working.

As I say, this is a very basic review of my room and short-term experience here.

Paid £29 for the room, decent price, and exactly what it says on the tin.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo

Thank you for your review and recommendation.
We appreciate all feedback we receive and I will be passing you comments on to the team.
It really matters to us that our guests enjoy their stay and we would like welcome you back next time you visit.
Many Thanks

Reviewed May 7, 2013

It's a year since I last stayed here and reviewed this hotel so this is an update.
Main change is that breakfast is now buffet style but some dishes are served e.g. porridge which was very good. Continental breakfast has a pretty good selection except no cheese which is unusual.

Good points

Very easy to get to. Close to M5 with easy access towards Cheltenham, Oxford etc. Ample free parking (you get a voucher at reception for your windscreen)

I really liked having a full size bath and a big bath towel (well done for listening) so I could have a long soak. Bed and pillows were both very comfortable. TV is not modern but has full range of Freeview Channels. Ample supplies of tea and coffee but no toiletries (e.g. shampoo). The soap/shampoo dispenser on the wall didn't work so I had to dismantle it to get some out. I tried to fix it but no joy. Receptionist said they are planning to replace them
Staff are very friendly and welcoming

Bad Points

Only three. First is the same as last year namely that the water pressure to the toilet is so low that it takes ages to fill up. Sometimes you need a second flush. Only way is to remove the cistern lid and fill it by hand. This shouldn't be necessary but alternative was to leave the toilet as it was (no more information, promise!)

Second is re check in. We arrived at about 12 and they couldn't check us in as the system was down and the receptionist didn't know how to sort it. She checked that our booking was OK and asked us to come back later. When we got back, the (different) receptionist said that she couldn't find our booking but she did in the end.

Third relates to the adjoining restaurant, not the hotel. We had late lunch in the adjoining restaurant but everything has to be ordered from the bar and there weren't enough staff to avoid long queues. Upshot was we hadn't have desserts (probably good). Sunday carvery looked unappetising and not a patch on the Toby in Brockworth village, a mile away.

But apart from the toilet problem hotel was excellent value and I would stay again.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
Philip H, Front Office Manager at Premier Inn Gloucester Business Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 9, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at our hotel. It really matters to us that our guests enjoy every aspect of their stay. Your feedback is very much appreciated as it enables us to improve standards. Please be assured that the issues raised will be fully investigated. Thank you once again for your review.

Reviewed April 20, 2013

Please be aware about leaving anything in the rooms as you wont get it back! I unfortunately left a Kindle in the room but i have been told they have'nt got it. Very disappointed Premier Inn!!! I have made a number of phone calls, including to head office, all to no avail. How can they introduce such tight controls on security yet let something like this go on?

Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
Philip H, Front Office Manager at Premier Inn Gloucester Business Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 23, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at our hotel. It really matters to us that our guests enjoy every aspect of their stay. We sincerely apologise that on this occasion our hotel fell far short of your expectations. Your feedback is very much appreciated as it enables us to improve standards. Please be assured that the issues raised are being fully investigated. Thank you once again for your review.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Brockworth
The Cheltenham Chase Hotel - A QHotel
Hotel Ibis Gloucester
Hotel Ibis Gloucester
#3 of 21 in Gloucester
Holiday Inn Gloucester - Cheltenham
Holiday Inn Express Gloucester - South M5, Jct 12
Mercure Gloucester, Bowden Hall Hotel
Mercure Gloucester, Bowden Hall ...
#1 of 2 in Upton St Leonards
The New County Hotel
The New County Hotel
#20 of 21 in Gloucester

Been to Premier Inn Gloucester Business Park Hotel? Share your experiences!