“Superb !!”

Oakfield Guest House
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Brockworth
Oakfield Guest House
Ranked #1 of 1 Brockworth B&B and Inns
Reviewed August 1, 2011

I stayed at the Oakfield Guest House for one night (July 2011), whilst visiting my son, daughter-in-law and grandson in Gloucester.

There is not one negative comment I could make about this wonderful home from home. The double room I stayed in was gorgeous, clean and with the most wonderful view over open fields. The breakfast was amazing, good quality products and piping hot.

Roger and Sue the owners are a wonderful couple and nothing is too much trouble, they made me feel very welcome, almost as if I was an old friend coming to visit them !

Will certainly be booking with them again sometime in August this year and I can't wait.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled solo

Reviewed May 22, 2011

Excellent hosts, made us feel very welcome. Fantastic with children my daughter is 18mth and she loved the space in the double room even though we had a travel cot up she could still walk around. Very very clean the breakfast was beautiful and overall the stay was great and relaxing. Excellent guest house.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank rotherham02
Reviewed May 18, 2011

We stayed here whilst in Gloucester for a wedding. Roger and Sue were superb hosts - friendly, hospitable and accommodating without ever being overbearing. The room was cleaned to a high standard and very quiet. Despite being adjacent to a main road, it was completely silent and provided a comfortable night's sleep.

The breakfast was really nice, much better than I've had at other certain places and the service was equally impressive.

Another good point is that the pub is just over the road!

It was a real pleasure to stay here and support a well run, welcoming, small business instead of some standardised, corporate environment.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank M66Lancs
Reviewed March 13, 2011

The welcome and hospitality is second to none. Breakfasts are very wholesome - a standard cooked breakfast but with delicious bacon and decent sausage - a welcome step up from the type you might get in a budget chain for example - all perfectly cooked. Along with that are a nice choice of cereals - including a quality mueseli - and tinned citrus. All very nice. The guest house has just 3 guest rooms - two ensuite, (a double and a twin room) and one with a dedicated private bathroom adjacent. The rooms are a decent size, snug and freshly furnished and decorated. All is spotlessly clean. The beds are comfy - though softly sprung if you prefer a firm bed. Though on a main road, the noise late-on is not intrusive, and it makes transport links to the area good. A regular bus service nearby runs to Cheltenham and Gloucester. The 'village' of Brockworth is suburbanised but the out look of the guesthouse is towards the hills, including the famous April cheeserollers/lunatics venue at Cooper's Hill nearby (a public footpath takes you on a nice walk. Also an hours stroll there and back are the remains of a Roman Villa). Also nearby is the Brockworth Trade Estate (not visible from the guesthouse) which makes the guesthouse a popular choice for their visitors. The guesthouse seems to have some regular repeat guests, including those who re-book for the Cheltenham festival in March. An excellent homely choice.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ginkoOopNorth
Reviewed January 21, 2011

A colleague recommended I stay here and so glad he did Sue and Roger were fabulous hosts and made my stay for the few weeks I was there enjoyable. I only left due to the office relocating and the B&B being the wrong side of Gloucester for where I needed to be

Fab clean and quiet rooms, a great nights sleep had every night. Great breakfast choice and nothing too much trouble for Sue. TV with built in free view and dvd player in the room, along with free WIFI Great value for money

On a couple of warmer nights I sat in the lovely garden with a cold beer and my book and enjoyed the tranquility

Would definitely recommend this bed and breakfast and would stay there again

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed October 18, 2010

I would like to give my personal thanks to Roger and Sue for the excellent level of service I was given during my stay at the Oakfield Guest House. The room was very comfortable, clean and well looked after and Roger and Sue really did make me feel at home. They were not intrusive but more than helpful for me when I asked for something so many thanks for that to you both.

I stayed at Oakfields for a week and thoroughly enjoyed my time there; Sue's breakfasts are first class (I recommend the smoked salmon and scrambled eggs) and having the Toby Carvery across the road meant that I didn't have to go far for my dinner.

There was nothing I disliked about my stay at Oakfileds, the hardest part really was the leaving; I felt like I was leaving home all over again.

Thank you Roger and Sue, God bless you both.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled on business
2  Thank jazz1961
Reviewed July 7, 2010

Stayed here for one night in early July. We were given such a warm welcome from Roger & Sue - such a friendly couple - nothing appeared too much trouble. The room was spotless, homely, well fitted out with everything needed and very comfortable. The traditional English breakfast was by far one of the best we have ever eaten. Had a nice leisurely chat with Roger & Sue prior to departure and at no time did we feel rushed to pack up and leave which was very much appreciated.

Would recommend this B&B highly - you will not be disappointed.S

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Beekeeper29

Been to Oakfield Guest House? Share your experiences!