“Never dissapoints.”
Review of The Hollow Bottom

The Hollow Bottom
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Award winning freshly cooked a la carte Menu. Well kept Real Ales. Substantial Wine list. Warm & friendly Service. Relaxed Dining. Log Fire. Stunning outdoor heated area.
Reviewed December 31, 2013

Have been to the The Hollow Bottom a number of times now, and never leave with a bad word to say. Great location, great atmosphere and great food!

1  Thank 24Thomas
TalkisGood, Owner at The Hollow Bottom, responded to this reviewResponded January 9, 2014

Thank you Thomas! We hope we will see you again very soon.

Reviewed December 27, 2013

My wife and i stayed here for a weekend about 3 years ago. This is everything i expect in a pub, great beer,wine and food. Friendly staff (nothing was too much trouble) The locals are also very welcoming and fun.
We were in the Cotswolds recently and decided to have lunch and a beer.(there was no choice it had to be the HB) It is still brilliant. We both loved our meals and plan to come for a weekend in the spring.
Shows what can be achieved with hard work and team work.

1  Thank David H

Thank you so much for such a positive review. It seems often people forget that Tripadvisor is to share your experiences and we are very thankful you have used it to express yours in such a lovely way. We hope you will return again soon.

Reviewed December 22, 2013

This was an exciting find. Filled with reviews and awards, the moment you walk in it is full of horse riding/equestrian themed memerobelia! We ordered our drinks and then were taken to the restaurant part of the pub.

We ordered for starters, the soup and I chose the mussels.
For mains, I chose the pasta in the basil and tomato sauce and my wife had the omelette.

My starter, the mussels was the best i have EVER had!!!!
Soup was lovely!!

Now the mains were a flip side. I was worried when i saw that the pasta dish could be available any time of the day… so not cooked by the chef? My pasta was a congealed concoction. It was horrible. How can they serve this? it was like tined spagetti in tomato, the sauce was horrible.

The omelette needed to cooked a bit more but ok

I have given this average, as i have many places better to eat. The starters were awesome. Mains were bad and the presentation of them were non existent.

on a plus, the mussels were phenomenal

1  Thank Bangin

Our Spaghetti is no longer on the menu. As stated previously our Chef Charlie, has said "I'm no Italian" and after a previous review was removed with immediate effect. Thank you for highlighting that the mussels you had as your starter were the best you have EVER had! We hope we will see you back to sample more of our delicious menu.

Reviewed December 9, 2013

visited the pub on sunday for lunch table booked beforehand .we all ordered carvery lunch with different meats very disappointed I had lamb most of it was fat only had 2 roasts a small piece of broccoli and carrots both hard. no Yorkshire pudding if you did not have beef . not worth 9.99. we asked for sweets no xmas pudd or apple pie not much choice for me as I have a lactose problem . the best part were the young staff .after going back to relatives before going home found my son in law had been charged over 9 pounds to much we had someone elses bar bill

It’s such a shame reading this review as everything you have mentioned could have been rectified had we have known about the issue or if you had asked. If you had asked for a Yorkshire pudding with your meal, we would have happily given it to you with no extra charge. If you had mentioned when booking that you would like something lactose free for dessert we would have happily had something prepared especially for you, apple crumble included!. If you had asked if we had any Christmas pudding, we would have happily said yes. If you had told us you had been over charged we would happily have arranged a refund. Unfortunately we did know any of this! We feel we go above and beyond in order to satisfy our customers. It's a shame you didn't agree on this occasion nor give us the opportunity to do so for you. Here at The Hollow Bottom, the answer is normally yes!

Reviewed November 24, 2013

We have been twice, to eat, at the Hollow Bottom. The first time, around the start of November, the food was outstanding and would have been worthy of 5 stars. The pie was delicious as was the chicken which was on special that day. However, we returned on the evening of 23rd Nov., with a guest who is visiting The UK and I have to say some of the food was not even on the same scale as our first visit. My partner had the spaghetti, it was undoubtedly the worst spaghetti I have sampled, with very little flavoring and a stodgy taste.

It was a shame because as I said the first visit was probably the best pub food we've ever had!!

TalkisGood, Owner at The Hollow Bottom, responded to this reviewResponded November 25, 2013

Hi Andy and thanks for your review. I don't really believe that anything has changed to be honest, only that your partner didn't enjoy the Spaghetti which we are truly sorry for. I have investigated and Charlie our Head Chef has taken it off the menu immediately as he says "I am no Italian" We are delighted though that you had previously found us to be "outstanding" which is what we strive for. Cheekily it would have been nice to see you review us then too, but we really do appreciate your feedback. Our policy is always to ask our guests both if they are enjoying or have enjoyed the meal and Katie who served you said you had. I understand that not everyone is comfortable with complaining at the time but we would much prefer they did to give us a chance to do somersaults on the night to sort out any issues. We want you to have a great experience at The Hollow Bottom every time you come, so we really do need to know at the time . If you give us a call to book again we will make sure that Saturday night is sorted . Many thanks, Hugh.