Open today: 9:30 AM - 6:00 PM
Review Highlights
Very unimpressed with my mushrooms on toast!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago
Star H
Since I last visited!

Reviewed August 21, 2018
wendy c
Chalford, United Kingdom

See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed 2 days ago

Having been regular visitors here whilst it was a Wyeval Garden Centre, we paid our first visit there since it was bought by Dobbies. As usual, we planned to have lunch, a regular'treat'. In the restaurant, we waited a long time to get to the till, and the few staff seemed to be rushed off their feet, which was odd as there weren't that many people in the restaurant.
Having ordered, we went to our table and waited...and waited...and waited. Eventually, we found a member of staff who went to investigate, and found our toasted sandwiches sitting on the side. They were barely warm, looked thrown together, and the bread was flabby. In addition, the salads were limp and the lettuce was brown on the edges. If we hadn't, by then, been running out of time we would certainly have taken them back.
We then went to shop. As well as plants, we were hoping to buy Christmas presents. There didn't seem to be much available, and much of what was there was complete and utter tat. On arrival, we had remarked on how quiet it seemed, and now we knew why. Our total Christmas shop consisted of two pens and a bar of chocolate!
We are so disappointed, as one of our regular outings has changed so much that I don't think we'll be back, such a shame.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Our afternoon tea for 12 people was lovely! We were well looked after and the food was lovely. The drinks were endless and really nice. Thanks to the staff for looking after us all so well and hope we did not outstay our welcome as we stayed for 2.5 hours!

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

The staff are rude, tried to order a cheese sandwich which was not only over priced but got told there was an hour wait - cafe wasn’t even full. They are very unorganized and the staff always look like they have been forced to work there.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I ordered mushrooms on toast and was very disappointed to find I got about 1 mushroom with lots of empty, dry. toast to eat it with. Will not be ordering that again! The garden center is lovely and the soft play really good value...the cafe just lets it down.

Reviewed August 21, 2018

I think it depends what time of day & what season of the year this is too,whether you will find - a good selection of flowers, gifts etc and also food. My husband & I had afternoon tea there in July for £10.00 which was good value as on special price - normally £12.00. but stocks of gifts seemed lacking but then we are now getting into Xmas mode even though August.so usually Blooms will be worth a visit to get some unusual nice presents or ideas & worth a visit or two.

Reviewed August 19, 2018 via mobile

I heard Blooms had a small play area, so thought I’d take my 11 month old. When we got there, it was just myself & my daughter, I didn’t need to use a table so parked my buggy inside the glasses off play area, where there was loads of room to park it, but as soon as I got my daughter out the buggy a lady from the catering team came in & abruptly told me ‘buggies are not allowed in here’, so I had to take it outside. Even though it was mid August, the air cinditioning in the play area was like we were in a fridge! It was that cold that staff opened the window to let the cold out! As my daughter was 9 months I was directed to the back of the play area which was for ‘under 1s’, which only consists of a 1 foot by 2 foot ball pit with a huge circlular ‘thing’ in the middle of it which made the balls float in the air by about 2 inches - very disappointed!!!!

Reviewed August 9, 2018

They have partitioned off a big chunk of the garden centre to be a café. If your spouse has dragged you to the garden centre to look at plants and all the other stuff that garden centres sell, it isn't a bad place to while away an hour

The counter to the right seems to be for food, the counter to the left seems to be for coffee and cakey things. It wasn't terribly clear to me. Comfy chairs and coffee tables to the left. The tables to the right seemed to be more dining table style.

I ordered an espresso, and sat down at the coffee table nearby. Obviously busy, I think that they might have forgotten it. A polite nudge and they sorted it out straight away.

Reviewed August 2, 2018 via mobile

mine chose to go for afternoon tea on a Saturday about 2:45 pm. When we placecd our order, we were pleased that we were allowed for dietary reasons to choose the sandwich fillings and to specify "no butter". However, we were surprised to be warned that our order would take 45 minutes. We reluctantly accepted and had our tea right away and waited for the food.

As we waited we saw at most a handful of other orders coming from the kitchen.

Our food arrived 50 miutes after ordering and was very good.

Perhaps naively, we returned a few days later and placed an identical order. It arrived after less than 10 minutes and was again very good.

The rating given is an average for our experiences.

Reviewed July 18, 2018

I visited today and I was most disappointed to see that they have obviously cut back on staff.
The plants are neglected, not dead headed, not watered, infact 60% of them should be put on the ‘need of care’ bench.
I bought some items that I wanted but only because I had vouchers with money off. Even then I had to pick over what was there to choose from.

Such a pity that this normally well kept place is now down market and still charging the more premium price for their plants.

Come on pull your socks up there are other garden centres nearby taking your business.

2  Thank annmurphy862
Reviewed July 8, 2018 via mobile

I visited Blooms garden centre with my partner to buy some plants for our garden and decided to have lunch before we looked round.

We ordered our food at 12:04 and I asked a few questions (before ordering) about some of the food on the menu.

Firstly, they didn't have what I originally wanted so I decided on something else to eat instead.

We paid for our food and drink and sat down at the table. It took almost 20 minutes for the staff to do our drinks, even though every other customer had their drinks made for them as soon as they ordered.

The drinks were tasteless and dismal.

Secondly, after 35 minutes of waiting for our food, a member of staff came over to tell us that my partners original choice of food wasn't available either.

Why on earth did it take 35 minutes for someone to tell us they had run out of something?

Nevertheless, my partner chose something else to have instead too.

In the end, we waited 45 minutes for our food to come out, even though every other customer that ordered their food after us, had theirs coming out before us.

There was also an elderly man next to us, who experienced the same problems as us - they didn't have any soup so he had to order something different too.

The whole experience was a total let down.

Not to mention, another member of staff also came over to let my partner know that what he ordered wasn't available - obviously a lack of communication with staff - why do 2 people need to say the exact same thing as the other?

We will never be eating there ever again and I would advise anyone to avoid the restaurant.

The staff were very slow, the service was a total disaster, we waited too long for the food, the kitchen clearly wasn't organised as it took 35 minutes after ordering the food for someone to tell us they had run out of something and also the food is seriously over priced.

We also waited a long time in the queue when we arrived, even though there was only 1 person in front of us, who had a really simple and easy order.

Never been so disappointed in a restaurant before!

I would never recommend this cafe to anyone and they've ruined the reputation for Blooms.

I'd rate this a 0 if I could - but you can't.

3 words to describe this restaurant?

Terrible, awful and embarrassing.

1  Thank KSkits