“Unprofessional, aimed solely at 5 year old children.”

Sahara Trails Horse Riding and Farm Stays
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Unprofessional, aimed solely at 5 year old children.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 27, 2012

From the first phone call this was an unprofessional business. The person who answered the phone and took the booking gave no indication of what to bring or what to wear. We were told to meet at 9am for a 9:30 ride. Being on holidays, we appreciate a sleep-in but we were there at 8:55. There were no signs, no-one to greet us and the horses only arrived at 9:30. Until that time we were questioning whether we were in the right place or not.
The staff did not introduce themselves or the horses upon which we were riding. The horses were selected poorly for our height. There was no adequate assessment of previous riding experience (probably because it was irrelevant- all the horses were equally as sleepy as each other).
The nameless tour "guide" gave a rudimentary guide to riding and only gave touristic information when prompted or asked.
Although we were offered a trot, the horses could not manage a trot at all. In a whole hour on a wide and empty beach there was no trotting, no cantering, just walking.

This experience did deliver a horsewalk on the beach. It would be ideal for young children. I don't think it was worth $90

3 Thank Luigifromsydney

Sydney
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 50 helpful votes
“Great if you are happy to amble along - great for people with kids”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 27, 2012

Booked a one hour bush ride for myself and my five year old child. Yes the horses all follow each other nose to tail but this was my child's first time so it was exactly what we needed. Slow steady trail ride to give him the experience and he loved it.
If you are an experienced rider, you would get bored and fustrated but a good one hour of fun for those families who want to give their kids to ride a horse all by themselves.
I agree with other reviews - certainly lacks customer service. Doesn't cost anyone anything to be a bit more welcoming on arrival.

Visited September 2012
3 Thank LiggySydney
Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Nice horse, nice beach, bad tour guide”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 16, 2012

I thought the horses were fun as I never really ride horses, For anyone that has done any horse riding I would not recommend it. The horses just walk behind each other. Nothing exciting really. The beach is beautiful. The tour guide was a very rude girl. She didn't really understand customer service and treated adults like children. I think she has forgotten that we are paying her a good amount of money for an experience.

Visited April 2012
5 Thank AndrewSydney72
Market Rasen, United Kingdom
215 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 585 helpful votes
“Customer Service Lacking”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 19, 2012

I went on a beach trail ride with two friends and was somewhat disappointed by two apsects of the experience. First, we arrived at the wrong place - the farmstay - and was spoken to very badly by the owner of the business. He was Mr Angry. Second, when we arrived at the correct location, the joint owner (the wife) took us on the trail ride but spent quite a lot of time on her mobile 'phone organising her family for Christmas. All-in-all we felt this was a bit of a waste of money.

Visited December 2011