“Perfect in every way!”
other travelers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Excellent
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Any
HappyBeac...
“Perfect in every way!”
Reviewed August 13, 2017 for a stay in July 2017

Where do I start?, well, I stayed in “Flipflops” with my parents mid July and everything was perfect! I know the area well having lived in Christchurch many years ago, I knew Sandhills caravan site, so the position I knew was going to be great for my dad to be able to walk around the quay and beach without any difficulty (having crutches) but I was wary booking an ‘unknown to me’ caravan, especially when it was the only vacation my parents could have this year (pressure on me to get it right!) . Well I know now why they’re called lodges, bit bigger than a caravan –eh! Admittedly, hotels are normally my choice of stay but I love the position of this rental site, and this lodge has much more than a hotel room!
Complete with 2 bedrooms (1x double, 1 twin) , 2 bathrooms, 1 being ensuite with shower, family bathroom has a bath with overhead shower, fully fitted kitchen inc. dishwasher, washing machine, large american fridge, microwave, toaster, oven & grill, iron & board, also beautiful dining and living area, lovely decking, with chairs/table, overlooking Christchurch bay.
Being a British summertime (mid July) we had a couple of cold mornings, there is central heating, but the fire in the living room just gives you a nice cosy warmth early morning to ease you into the day while you’re looking out to sea, deciding what on earth the weather is going to do today, and watching the windsurfers, you know its going to be windy! Anyway! The decking is also great, if you do have sunshine, as it gets the sun all afternoon, great for mothers ‘Gin’ time!. Back inside and just to say, beds were very comfy, lots of storage for hanging clothes, comfortable (proper!) sofas, plenty electric sockets, information book containing info on local area for dining/shopping etc etc… and finally, absolutley spotless, cleanliness is very imortant to me, and this ticked all the right boxes!
There is an onsite swimming pool, clubhouse etc, which I can't review as I did not use, but its all there if you need it! You've got the beach 1 way, only 2 minute walk, and Christchurch quay the other way, great for crabbing, walking, or just sitting watching the world go by and drinking!

Great management contact, and deposit returned, no quibbles.
Will recommend to friends, and hope to return

Management Response
Aug 16, 2017
Thank you very much for such a detailed and fantastic review. Your comments and feedback is so much appreciated by the owners and all of us in the Mud Huts team.
It sounds like you treated your parents to a fabulous time and really made the most of your stay, which brings a smile to our faces.
Please do all come back and see us again soon.
Jane & Ian
Mud Huts
steve1982...
Southampton, United Kingdom
“Perfect UK honeymoon retreat”
Reviewed July 23, 2017 for a stay in July 2017

My newly wedded wife and I stayed here for a week in the middle of July 2017.

This property is beyond perfect! Spacious & modern with beautiful views of Christchurch bay.

It has all the modern touches you would wish for, built in dish washer and washer dryer. We especially loved the American style fridge freezer! Which we are going to source and purchase for our own home!

My wife's family have been holidaying for over 35 years to Sandhills. It is s very special place and if you are lucky enough to be able to get allocation into 97 Sandhills, you will no doubt have the same relaxing and peaceful time that we did.

Will be booking 97 for same time next year! We love it!

Management Response
Aug 1, 2017
Thank you very much for your very kind review, it is much appreciated. We are so pleased that you found FlipFlops the perfect place to start your newly married lives and that you plan to return. We will pass on your kind word to the owners.
HaylesT
“Fantastic Family Holiday Hideaway”
Reviewed November 11, 2016 for a stay in August 2016

Stayed at No 97 for the August Bank Holiday week with our twin girls. The weather was fantastic the whole week which made the stay all the better. The Holiday lodge is perfectly placed in a quiet spot. Close to the on site swimming pool and with sea views you couldn't ask for more.

The lodge was perfect for our little family, well equipped and has everything you need. Washer dryer and dishwasher a bonus! Our girls loved playing on the veranda with their toys! They have already asked to go back!

A 2 min walk and you are on the sea front with a fantastic family friendly beach, brilliant restaurant, fish and chips (highly recommended) and shop which serves awesome fresh bread.

This really is a little home from home and I would highly recommend. We will definitely be staying again....

The Thomson's

Janethoms...
Bedford, United Kingdom
“Excellent stay at Sandhills Dorset”
Reviewed November 11, 2016 for a stay in July 2016

Our visit in July was the third time we had stayed at this holiday lodge which in itself says how much we love staying there. The lodge is perfectly situated with beautiful views of the sea. The lodge is the most comfortable and well equipped venue we have ever stayed in with every comfort and facility you could wish for. The kitchen has everything you would need including a dishwasher, the lounge with its patio door and wrap around terrace is superb especially in the evening sitting with a glass of wine looking at the stunning views. Mudeford offers plenty for families with crabbing being very popular. With only a short walk from the lodge to the beach it's ideal especially when you can easily come back for lunch. There is also a lovely restaurant (The Noisy Lobster) along the prom very close to the lodge, I would highly recommend this having dined there on each occasion we've stayed at the lodge. Finally the site itself is perfect with a lovely warm swimming pool plus a smaller paddling pool for children. I would highly recommend staying at this lodge in the summer or wintertime it really is first class!

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Traveling group: Extended Family
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Peter H
Elgin, United Kingdom
“An Excellent Holiday Lodge in a Perfect Location”
Reviewed August 28, 2015 for a stay in August 2015
person found this review helpful

I recently had the pleasure of staying at this lodge with my family for a two week holiday in July and August, it was just brilliant.

The lodge was found spotlessly clean, very warm and comfortable and was well equipped for all our holiday needs. It had a wrap around sun deck with a table and chairs which enabled us to sit out and enjoy the sun. The lodge is located within the Holiday Park complex at Sandhills. This park is kept neat and tidy and has its own swimming pool. Both adults and kiddies pools were heated which was a real bonus. There is also a bar/café for food and drink, they even have entertainment on at weekends.

The lodge is located in a quiet corner of the park overlooking Mudeford Quay and from the lounge and deck we were able to watch the boats and windsurfers sailing across the bay. Mudeford Quay is famous for "crabbing" so we joined in and had great fun catching shore crabs, 19 on our best day! We were lucky to be there for the local raft race and Lifeboat day. Hundreds of people turned out for the event and great fun was had by all.

The holiday park sits right on the coast and has a very long sandy beach less than five minutes walk away. The beach is safe with a life guard on duty every day. The beach also has a very good café restaurant and well equipped shop called The Noisy Lobster. It also has own bakery for fresh bread and cakes.

The nearest town is Christchurch, a quaint and beautiful little town with plenty of Cafés and pubs, all are used to catering for the tourists. I found that the local people were very friendly and they all like to chat. Our shopping needs were well catered for by Waitrose and Sainsburys supermarkets, both less than five minutes away in the car.

When not on the beach, we spent several sunny days exploring the New Forest enjoying picnic lunches and ice cream beside little streams in the Forest. It felt like a million miles away but we were only fifteen minutes from the lodge, amazing.

I would recommend this place very highly, to anyone searching for a relaxing holiday on the south coast. We shall certainly come back again.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Your age range 50-64
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing