“Excellent experience..will keep coming back.”
other travelers have booked this property
The view of the Chembra as you enter our gate. our villas are just 70 meters away from here! excellent balcony  view towards  the peak tea gardents and forest nearby
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Very good
excellent balcony  view towards  the peak tea gardents and forest nearby
our villas are equipped with most modern facilities!
all bedrooms have attached toilets and balconies with a view
view from one of our villas
extra bed spaces - Villa no 12 Indigo!
comfortable dining spaces with basic cooking essentials!
Washroom [each rooms are bath-attached].
The Jackfruit Tree at hamlet has 08  twin bedroom villas, facing Chembra peak !
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
Arupsblr
Bengaluru, India
“Excellent experience..will keep coming back.”
Reviewed March 17, 2016 for a stay in February 2016

After some due diligence with the help of the internet, self & wife zeroed down to this property. We had problems while booking the rooms as the payment page was not visible. With the help of Prasad (owner) & tripadvisor executive the issue was sorted out.
Initially we booked for 13th & 14th Feb, but we could not travel on that day due to health issues. To my surprise, Prasad & Aparna agreed to postpone our date of bookings which is not common at all.
1 day before the journey, i received a message with the detailed route map and the manoj's contact which really helped. We took our car and used GPS which was accurate. But be careful there are some bad stretches on the road. Manoj kept checking with me to make sure we are on course.

When we arrived at the venue, we were welcomed by Prasad & Manoj with a big smile and we felt at home. There was ample parking place for a car. The place is so serene in the lap of the nature, covered by tea gardens with greenery all over away from all the huff n puff from the city. My 3 year old son liked it the most.

As a gesture Prasad offered a seperate Room for my aunt as rooms were available. The 1st thing that i noticed about the place was the cleanliness. One could literally sleep on the floors. Bathroom was almost at par to a 5 star suite. Rooms were spacious & ample natural light available in the room.

We had a stroll passed the tea garden during the evening and it was very satisfactory. Manoj prepared the dinner as well as breakfast for us.
Sumptuous dinner was a perfect Kerala food with Chapati, Kadala curry, Avial, Chicken curry, sambar, daal, kerala papad & chutney. In Breakfast we had vada, idiappam, sambar. This was one of the best home made keral dish. My son also loved the food & the place which was one of our big concern.

Both Prasad & Manoj were very courteous and ensuring that we are comfortable through out our stay at the place. we already started planning for the next trip to wayanad and of course would stay here only.

Liked best: Cleanliness
Liked least: Nothing
Traveling group: Extended Family
Recommended for:
Older travelers Families with young children
People with pets
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Ratrib
Kozhikode (Calicut), Kerala, India
“Breathtaking views”
Reviewed March 1, 2016 for a stay in July 2015

After a very long drive from Bangalore, we reached The Jackfruit Tree. Mr Prasad helped us with the direction to this place. It is not a regular Wayanad accommodation. This is bang on at the Chembra peak. Our room faced the peak and a small waterfall. The staff is very friendly and the food is really tasty. There is a trail beside the homestay which is slippery but takes you to the waterfall. It is a quiet place and it would be nice to carry a torch. At night you can hear the waterfalls. There are a few board games to keep you entertained. Overall it is a great place to stay.

pooja r
Bengaluru, India
“A really beautiful place run by really nice people”
Reviewed January 21, 2016 for a stay in January 2016

It was such a great beginning to the new year! A really nice place, with extremely nice people. Amazing views from the balcony. Very friendly and courteous.. Made our stay really comfortable! Thank you :)

MangalVee...
“Leisure & value for money worth Jackfruit Tree for SURE.”
Reviewed December 27, 2015 for a stay in August 2015
person found this review helpful

We stayed in jackfruit tee. For 3 days from 16-18 Aug'15.
The rooms are very good, the food they cooked for us yummy. The ambiance was excellent. Overall the hospitality extended was ver good. We for sure recommend to our friends & others.

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Management Response
Jan 2, 2016
Thank you so much for appreciating our place and efforts. Welcome back...
Smrthy A
“Amazing and wonderful experience!”
Reviewed December 11, 2015 for a stay in December 2015

I have no words to express how gorgeous this home stay is. The view from the balcony is breathtaking. You could just spend the entire day sitting in the balcony with a book and a cup of coffee and you wouldn't get bored at all.
Mr. Prasad was very prompt in replying to us and helping us booking the Accommodation. Though its quite easy to locate the home stay , we were a little lost and Mr. Prasad was kind enough to guide us safely. We were offered chill watermelon juice as welcome drink ( Which we needed so badly) !!! We settled in very comfortably like it was our own house. The home food was so so so so so delicious and in generous portions. Mr Manoj ( the caretaker) also helped us in every way possible.
The 2 night stay in Jackfruit tree was amazing . It was clean , simple and felt like home. I cant wait to go back again. Thank you Mr.Prasad for everything!

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: View from the balcony and the FOOD!
Liked least: Nothing at all. No complaints whatsoever!
Traveling group: Friends
Your age range 25-34
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Management Response
Jan 2, 2016
Thank you Smrthy for your wonderful review and more importantly for sparing time for doing the same. I must say that I appreciate how the four of you planned your vacation- perfect.
MangalVee...
“Leisure for Sure Jack Fruit Tree”
Reviewed November 25, 2015 for a stay in August 2015

We stayed with our family members of 11 for three days 16-18 Aug'15. The natural ambience and hospitality extended by the staff were fantastic. The food served by them was really enjoyable. Thanks a lot Mr. Prasad and your team. Our stay was a memorable one. Your team made it that happen.

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
amirthavk...
Coimbatore, India
“Breath taking view of Chembra Peak”
Reviewed October 2, 2015 for a stay in September 2015

As I planned to trekk Chembra hill my guide Mr.Sabu recommend this home stay for me as this place is close to chembra peak.I was travelling from Thirunelli .After travelling through Kalpetta bypass road I have seen a sign board Meppadi then I turned left.This road was very bad.My POLO suffered a lot by travelling in this road.I must have traveled along Kalpetta - KoZhikode road till I reach the Kozhikode-Vythri-Gudalur road then take the left to reach this resort.One has to reach Umberlla bend in the Kozhikode- vythri-gudalur road.Then you will see a 3 floor white building on the left side then take small road which goes down on the right side.That road also not good.By travelling a .7 KM on the road one can see the board"Jack Fruit Tree".

This home stay is a two floors.Two rooms at the bottom floor where kitchen is housed.If you are accompanying elderly persons you have to ask for upper floor rooms which is connected to the ground.

The view from this home stay is breath taking.One enjoy seeing the Chembra peak.The food is very good.The home stay was maintained by Shyam and Durga from Nepal.Very friendly people.As I checked in the Chembra peak was very clear after a while when I was about take a photograph of the peak it was raining and peak cover with mist.The weather at this place is changing quickly.There is great view of falls from this stay.

Durga and Shyam can prepare food at any time you want.After finishing break fast by 7 AM I was ready for Chembra trekk by 7.30AM ,Sabu took me to the base station by his bike.Then after the adventurous trek I returned to the stay but as I forgot order lunch in the morning they did not prepare any lunch.Realizing the situation the couple made me chapattis,dhal and veg.salad.After enjoying the fresh lunch I had a good sleep then later after a hot bath I traveled towards Coimbatore with body full of happier pain.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Breath taking view of Chembra peak and a Falls also the care of home makers Shyam and Durga.
Liked least: The estate around
Traveling group: Solo Traveler
People with disabilities Older travelers
Families with young children
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing