“Expect a pleasant stay... They make everything easy for you...”
Review of Wynberg Resorts

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Kalpetta
Wynberg Resorts
Bangalore
“Expect a pleasant stay... They make everything easy for you...”
Reviewed September 29, 2009

My trip was with my family and friends... for 2days....

I had to choose a resort for our stay at Wayanad. And thankfully i chose Wynberg for our stay. This was my first trip to Wayanad and i enjoyed it to the most.

The Wynberg Management not only gave me a great place to stay but they also took care of my sightseeing and food. They planned it, helped me with vehicle for sightseeing at a decent price. And i never had to search for anything....

About the Rooms:
The rooms were very very clean when we entered. I took a deluxe treetop for the first day and deluxe cottage for the second. Both were excellent and surrounded with nature's kindness. One can immediately feel good about the rooms and environment.

About the People:
I should tell that the staff at Wynberg are really very kind and supportive to their customers. The hospitality is excellent and they are always there when you needed them.

About the Food:
Wynberg provided us the breakfast and dinner which came along with my room price. The food was very good and all of us had no problems what so ever. They didn't use coconut oil for cooking which was our main concern before the trip. The other hotels in Wayanad are not kind enough to welcome us without coconut oil cooking :-(. We had to taste it in our lunch when we went for sight seeing.

Though the resort is located bit away from the main road, there was always full signal in our mobiles. We carried Vodafone, Airtel with us and both had full signals there. They had DTH TV services and so i was able to watch the India/Pakisthan match :-) I heard from some of my friends that few other resorts don't have mobile signal at all. So this came to me as a pleasant surprice....

Things I didn't like/Cons:
I would have loved to have my coffee served at my room when i wake up in the morning, but they didn't had any room service. We had to go to the dining area to have our coffee. But this is something that i could sacrifice looking at the other excellent things i get there....

I am an avid internet user and internet is my main gateway for choosing any product. This is the first time that i took time from my busy schedule to write a review about someone. That says how much i was impressed by their services.

I recommend it very highly.....

• Liked — Environment, Cleanliness, Hospitality
  • Disliked — No Room Service (For Food)
  • Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Kedar-bangalore

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Adelaide, Australia
Reviewed June 8, 2009

Wynberg resort is amidst an estate. We took an Eco cottage.
The place is really nice in terms of the scenery.

We had really great kerala food like Appam , Jack fruit curry , idly , etc... It was a feast.

Resort staff is very hospitable , friendly and caring.

There was an army of Ants in the room which ate all our biscuits :P
The hotel staff removed and cleaned all the mess for us :)

It was nice experience to hear the sound of insects in the night and birds in the morning which woke us up in the morning..

The resort is little away from the main city which is little difficult to find out , but its all worth finding the resort .

• Liked — Food and service
  • Disliked — ants and some insects
  • Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple
London
Reviewed February 8, 2009

Firstly: Wayanad is astonishingly beautiful, especially in January and February. The mist comes down at night, it's chilly and the dews falls... then it all burns off by 9am to leave another fresh, hot sunny day. Wynberg truly reflects this beauty and restored us.

Style: Very eco-friendly, with thatched cottages, villas and tree houses dotted among the trees at the front of the plantation. This isn't a 5-star hotel - as reflected in the price! - and all the better for it. A paradise-like retreat. The team who work there are extremely friendly, helpful, humourous and well informed, and clearly dedicated to making the place as good as it is. They enhanced our stay greatly. The resort is part of a plantation, and we greatly enjoyed our guided walk around the plantation from one of the knowledgeable team to see how it all works.

Location: off the "beaten track" about 20 mins from Kalpetta, in the middle of the incredibly beautiful Wayanad region of Kerala. Incredibly quiet, with a driver on hand to help you get out and about if you don't have your own transport (we didn't).

Rooms: we stayed in the most basic "eco cottage" but it was still great. Simply styled with a thatched roof and room to sit outside and drink in the view of paddy fields, banana plantation and mountains. The first night I woke up to what I thought was rain... but it was merely the morning dew dripping down from the trees. Nice bathroom with hot water for the shower available with some notice.

Facilites: simply excellent. Efficient pick up and drop off at Calicut from friendly and cautious driver. Sound advice and help when we needed to visit a doctor, and straightforward advice on sightseeing and other activities (they provide a detailed brochure). Between us we climbed the highest mountain, Chembra, trekked to waterfalls, lakes and saw the most incredible sunset over Sunrise Valley. Laundry was available, there was a games room (including table tennis and TV) and the helpful owners plugged us into the internet when we needed it.

Food: as it is the quiet season, there were very few other guests... which means we received a highly personalised service! The food was home cooked, plentiful and extremely tasty. We ate loads of food we otherwise would not have had - and although cornflakes etc were available, we relished the chance for tasty Indian breakfasts.

Overall: rather obviously, I wholeheartedly recommend this place, and Wayanad. It's astonishingly excellent.

• Stayed January 2009, traveled as a couple
Tiruchirappalli, India
Reviewed January 3, 2009

Just returned from my trip with my family to wayanad , it was so thrilling and wonderful.The Wynberg Resorts so eco friendly and world of its own.I recommend for any city person to take a trip which so relaxing and with a peaceful atmosphere.I have lived abroad for many years including the UK and my expectations were more than a standard accommodation with lots of stress on the toilets.This resort was more the my expectations and totally unbelievable would compare to any five star standards.The hospitality was the most admirable part, they take care of you the time you check in to time you leave, which hardly happens in any resort ,also adding feather to the cap is the food which was more homely and tasty .the staff are so caring and polite.i would whole heartily recommend this place for busy city person who love nature and good personal care .

• Liked — eco friendly,personal, very neat and done with lot of taste
  • Disliked — little distance to travel inside to get to the accomdation but worth it
  • Stayed December 2008, traveled with family
chennai
Reviewed December 4, 2008

Wayanad is a best place to have your peaceful weekend. We chose Wynberg resorts for our stay and it is a nice place to relax. I loved this resort, our stay was really excellent. This is an eco-frienly resorts with lot of their own plantations which surround this resort. They take personal care of the guests and food is really awesome. It's a typical kerala style cuisine. we actually planned for a weekend stay, do u believe we stayed at wynberg for 7 days. If some one needs a peace of mind and relaxation from our daily work, this place will ideally suit. I have a feel that the packages are a bit costly.

• Liked — eco-friendly
  • Disliked — business facilities
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled as a couple
Bangalore
Reviewed August 12, 2008

Good place with no room service at all, sick food and poor hospitality.

• Liked — view and cottages
  • Disliked — room service, room cleanness, hospitality
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled with family
2 Thank Dolly000
Bangalore, India
Reviewed November 28, 2005

If you'd like to chill for a couple of days, Wayanad is a good weekend retreat. I travelled from Bangalore to Wayanad via bus (overnight) and stayed at the beautiful Wynberg Resorts.
It's home to a person who's had many experiences in Africa. He can tell you many tales (true) and show you his wildlife videos and photographs. He is an excellent host and takes personal care of his guests. He can give you a pickup and drop to his Resort. He also arranges wildlife safari in his truck and takes you there, himself.
Wynberg Resort camp grounds are serene, the cottages are innovative (made from natural materials like bamboo) and you can choose from the various cottages. The food is home cooked and is Kerala cuisine (veg/non-veg). You can specify your needs. The cost of the cottage is inclusive of the food and it is not very expensive.

9 Thank divi.globe.trekker
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kalpetta
Wayanad Silverwoods
Wyndvalley Garden Resort
#14 of 21 in Kalpetta
Rain Country Resorts, Lakkidi,Wayanad
Vythiri Village Resort

Been to Wynberg Resorts? Share your experiences!