The Rain Country Resort sure lives up to its name: as you go off the highway at Lakkidi on the Wayanad - Calicut highway, and drive through tea estates and woods, you know you really are in rain country. As you drive into the resort, you cannot help but giving a thumbs up to the landscape and architecture of the same.
No matter how hard you try, you cannot hear a sound at Rain Country. Except the quacking of some ducks, the earliest ‘employees’ of the resort; no, they are never offered on the menu. A man-made lake adds to the feeling of calm around. A hike or a 4-wheel drive up to a hill behind the cottages gives you a 360 degree view of tropical forests around - broken only by some mobile telephony towers. Here’s more:
* Service: The staff is very courteous and helpful, ever ready to offer any assistance or information. They do a good job maintaining the place, not easy when you go splash-splash in heavy rains half the year.
* Rooms: Cottages of different designs and sizes are spread across the 22 acre (9 hectares) estate, all pleasingly designed. These are furnished with a mix of traditional and modern, and very comfortable and clean. Bathrooms are well fitted for hot and cold showers. The linen is very clean too. Sit-outs and verandahs with easy chairs are just what you need to have your tea and read a book.
* Location: As mentioned, it is secluded from the world of noise and pollution and yet easily accessible - it is just 60 kms (38 miles) from Calicut (where you also have an international airport). The setting is stunning, amidst rolling hills covered with lush green vegetation.
* Liked Best: The setting and design of cottages.
* Food Quality: Good food. You get a mix of traditional Keralite / south Indian dishes and some north Indian stuff too. Prepared in their own kitchens, it feels like light, home cooked food.
Rain Country Resorts is the place to stay when all you want to hear are some birds and just want to be with yourself.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Rain Country Resorts is Located in the verdant misty hills of Rain Forest at Lakkidi , 17 kms from Kalpetta town.in Wayanad .The Resort is 1300 m above the sea level and It is one of the highest rain fed area in India, Thus it is one of the coolest place in God's Own Country. Rain Country Resorts is spread over 22 acres of land situated in a valley between three hills and surrounded by thick tropical vegetation. The number of cottages is 21 and is restricted in order to preserve the sanctity and serenity of the natural beauty. Rain country Resorts invites you to submerge in the ambience and serenity of its dark woods coupled with music of the natural stream and varied birds. The natural green surroundings and tranquil setting is an idyllic location for the perfect retreat. 60 kms from Calicut Town ie around 1.30 hrs drive. Arrangements for pickup and drop from nearest calicut Airport / Railwaystation will be arranged. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline so you can book your Rain Country Resorts, Lakkidi,Wayanad reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rain Country Hotel Kalpetta
- Rain Country Resorts, Lakkidi,Wayanad Kalpetta, Kerala, India