“Very Nice stay with good hospitality and tasty food...”

Kudajadri Drizzle Homestay
Ranked #1 of 91 Kalpetta B&B and Inns
Reviewed June 24, 2013

I visited Kudajadri Homestay in June-13. I never felt like I am at any strange place.
The way Mr. Ganesh welcomes us was really amazing. Rooms were decent and clean. We got whatever information we needed for our trip by Vinoop.
The food was really amazing and pure veg. Since we didn't get any good Veg food in Kalpetta, so this means a lot for us. Mr Ganesh and his wife allowed us to visit their kitchen and my wife got a chance to see how Kerala food is prepared.
Getting to the homestay is also easy. It's around 10 -12 KMs from the kalpetta. They have indoor and outdoor activities like badminton, cards, chess, carom.
Over all it's nice value for money homestay.

1  Thank prashant p

Reviewed June 19, 2013

Hus: Hi sweet heart how was the 3 days wayanad trip
Wife: Fantastic darling, especially the place where we stayed at Kudajadri Drizzles we had a memorable time.
Hus: you are right. I felt like I am staying at natures lap with basic facilities
Wife: Yes darling, the home is surrounded with trees & paddy fields which are green and fresh. I can smell only the freshness in the air that makes me calm and relaxed. My eyes really had a good treat of green color.
Hus: the hospitality at home is fantastic. We are a guest there and they (Ganesh uncle & Aunty) treat us with at most care. I can say that it’s like staying at father in laws house for a holiday (HA ha ha….)
Wife: Food – super, hospitality – super, support – super, arrangements – super, guiding – super darling.
Hus: I liked the cab (Mahindra Bolero) and the driver Dinoop who is a family friend of Vinoop. Out of my driving experience I saw an excellent driver. I really enjoyed the driving. He took me place to place in time without missing the plan. Thanks to the driver.
Wife: I also enjoyed the camp fire. We had nice time there for more than 2 hours.
Hus: so you say it’s the best place to stay and relax our holidays.
Wife: of course yes darling….
Hus: Shall we plan for 2nd time trip to the same place for relax…..
Wife: When are we going dear?
Regards
Ranga S
Bangalore

Room Tip: Simply super service.....
1  Thank Ranga843
Reviewed June 16, 2013

We had been to Wayanad this weekend and stayed at this place. As the name indicates, it was exactly drizzling throughout day and night ;). We had a wonderful time and the stay was making us remember our good old house in native. The family at Kudajadri drizzle is very friendly, caring and they make sure to help you in all the possible ways that they can. Vinoop and Uncle (Vinoop's dad) will make sure you reach safely to this property and they guide you very well. The approach road is muddy (which is the case with most of the homestay's and specially in Monsoon). This was clearly communicated by Vinoop. The rooms are very clean and the food is very tasty(pure veg). We thank the whole family for their wonderful and excellent hospitality.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Nagaraj S
Reviewed June 12, 2013

Vinoop was very helpful in co-ordinating our stay at their property. He made sure to call us while we were still on the way and guide us to visit Edakkal caves bearing in mind that it was closed on monday. The approaching road to the property is muddy (for about 200 meters), which Vinoop mentioned that they are working on getting it fixed, as it can get very bad during rain. The room itself was quite comfortable and cosy. The best part of our stay was the homely feeling that we had through out our stay. The whole family accommodates people so well as it is evident that they are great hosts. Food was another excellent aspect of the stay, for people who are from outside Kerala and Vegetarians, can find it difficult to adjust to the food style, but the food prepared at the homestay is very delicious.

Room Tip: Corner room was good, but no TV
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank premnathrao
Reviewed June 10, 2013

I just stayed at this place with my girlfriend last weekend. The first thing that strikes you is the nicety of the people who own the place. It seems you have come to stay at a relative's place.

It is a 95 year old house and all the rooms are very basic (and small). So, there is no internet, TV (there is supposedly a TV in one of the rooms). But you wont need those things in Wayanad. There was complementary breakfast and dinner included in our package. We did not have a choice to order but had to eat what was served (just like home). The food was simple but very tasty.

Brief recommendation: Come only for excellent hospitality. No extra frills.

Reviewed June 10, 2013

Wonderful service, homely environment and owesome treatment from Ganesh Uncle and Aunty.

Vinoop is there for you always starting from your place till you reach back to your home.If you are deciding to stay here no need to worry about all other arangments, Vinoop will take care of everything.

I did lot of googling before i decide to stay here and my decision was Super.

Thanks for making our holiday so special and enjoyable.

Thanks,
Ravichandra

Room Tip: I think all rooms are same I saw 3 rooms and this homestay has 6 rooms.
Reviewed June 9, 2013

Simplicity with no Jargons - precisely, that is how we found Kundajadri home stay. Traditionally built home, decently equipped for modern essential amenities, clean & hygienic food and water, lush green fresh surroundings, family hospitality. Worth stay at Kuajadri :)

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends