“Unforgettable Experience”

Wayanad Silverwoods
Ranked #1 of 23 Hotels in Kalpetta
Reviewed April 21, 2014

All the staff were extremely friendly. Hotel is fully equipped to meet all your needs.. Excellent location, breathtaking views.The hotel was exceptionally clean and tidy.The choice of food for lunch and dinner is great for that amount of money. All the food is delicious. Thanks to all who took the effort to insure we had an unforgettable expeirience.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank BabuF

Reviewed April 21, 2014

Me and my wife have gone to the resort and stayed in the Romantic Villa there for 2 nights.
I have experienced the following things in the resort ....

Problems

1.I have given the Romantic Villa no.301 for staying.On the 1st day ,the cable connection was not working.The same was not getting till the night of the next day

2.There was no window curtain in one of the windows in the balcony near jacuzzi.I have complained the same over phone to the reception as well as directly went and reported the same on morning by 8.30 am itself.The person in the reception told us that the same will be rectified quickly.But after coming back to room by 4pm,the thing was seen in the same status.After asking again,the receptionist told me that she will call me back.After sometime , as nobody was attending the same,I requested for a change in the room.But it was not accepted too.By 6pm only,one curtain was provided.

3.The next problem was in the jacuzzi.The pump function was not working in the jacuzzi.I have called one of your mechanic staff in the evening while I located the problem itself and showed the problem.That staff told me that the problem can be solved only on the next day because the whole jacuzzi have to lifted up and have to do the repair.Also he promised me that the same will be rectified at early moring on the next day (the day of checkout) by 8am itself and also told me that there was no need for again calling on the next day.If the same has been rectified on that promised time,i could use jacuzzi.But the same has not rectified till my checkout.

4.I have paid the amount and opted the Romantic villa.As per the mail from them,I have been offered a Simple flower arrangement once during the stay.But I have not provided by that during my stay.

When I asked about all these during the check out,the receptionist told me a "SORRY",nothing else!!

In the feedback form,I have requested anyone from the management to call me to tell directly about these.But that was also not done till now....

Positives

1.The overall atmosphere in the resort was good.
2.The staff in the restaurant were awesome.
3.Swimming Pool
4.Candle light dinner (which was actually a surprise) was awesome
5.I have to mention a staff,Mr.Ranjith,who is in the restaurant for his neat and good behaviour toward the guests

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank kannaneledam
Reviewed April 21, 2014

It was our 3rd wedding anniversary. Confused between Chateue Woods, and Wayanad Silverwoods, we chose to go ahead with latter because of its review.
And I was happy that I took this decision.
We booked a Premier Villa which had a clear Lake View.
The only difference between a Premier and a Romantic villa was Jacuzzi in the balcony with which we were not comfortable anyways since it was open to sky.
So, we went ahead with Premier Villa. The room that was given to us initially had issues with AC cooling, so we asked for a change in room.
And the same was honored immediately. Thanks to the management for their quick response and helpfulness.
The room was amazing with an exquisite view of lake and valley.
The bathroom had a double sided bathtub which was too good.
The hotel management was very helpful. They helped us in site seeing with their directions on day 1, and 2nd day they arranged a driver for us for the same.
Wayanad had very nice views, waterfalls, temple..We enjoyed the roam around very much.
We were provided 1 free candle light dinner near the pool, which was served well and we loved it.
Although, the food wasn't that great, but it did had a lot of variety and was hence good.
Overall, we really enjoyed our stay. Credits to Wayanad Silverwoods.

Room Tip: Take a room with clear Lake View and check if AC is working fine before check-in.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 20, 2014

Located nearly 20km from Kalpetta on the main road. Beautiful place. Services are excellent and food amazing. They have a variety of rooms ranging from normal to lakeview and others. Food too was excellent. Been there in the month of January and weather was pleasant. A nice place to have a brief stay.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed April 17, 2014

Attentive and helpful staff. The swimming pool is most attractive –but unfortunately got injured in the pool but being well cared for by the attendants. The Chief Chef, on hearing we had a long road journey to City the next morning was at the front door to bid us farewell and give us four pack lunches (the fourth being for our driver). We were very much impressed by this hotel - it made a wonderful start to our trip to S. India. Highly recommended!

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank Shanavas Mohamm... m
Reviewed April 15, 2014

We had booked the Romantico Villa for one day. They have a wonderful location but lack in many things any basic resort should have. The booking, check in and other formalities were good.

Once we checked into the room we were kind of shocked to see the flooring. A completely stained floor - not expected from a luxury resort !! We dint think about it much and moved on to check out the room. The place where it is located is simply superb. We stayed in 303 but felt 301 would have been more private as it was the corner most villa.
The room is spacious with a huge bathroom and the Jacuzzi in the Balcony. We did not feel the need to check if the Jacuzzi was working, if only I had read some of the reviews here!!

At around 6.30 pm, we ordered for some snacks - room service and started to fill the Jacuzzi!! Surprised to see that it took forever to fill full water.. its only then we realized the jacuzzi was leaking !!!
We called up reception and placed a complaint - the mechanic came, did something n he said its working n left. We try to fill it again.. n it was still leaking. And the snacks we ordered at 6.30 pm came at 7.50 pm after 3 calls to restaurant.
We were pissed off at this point.. Called up the reception 4 times and asked to connect to manager to get the mechanic back .. when he came.. he stood there for 30 mins n fixed it with "insulation tape".
Note that they have so many rooms with jacuzzi and dint have a bush in case the jacuzzi's start leaking !! He still couldn't fix it .. but it was leaking less after the tape ..

And of course it was 10.45 pm that it was fixed !! We could not use the jacuzzi where in I booked this villa for the Jacuzzi.

And the Jacizzi capacity is 500L and the hot water geyser capacity is only 100L, so forget even warm water ..

Coming to the food. Overly priced and taste of food was just Okay.. options are good.. but could reduce on coconut oil in dishes.

Overall an UNPLEASANT stay.. after paying so much I felt cheated. The feedback form asked if I need a feedback call. I mentioned an "Yes" with phone numbers.. No one has called me yet !!

One suggestion for anyone who still wants to book a jacuzzi villa here - put a condition prior booking that if the Jacuzzi doesn't work, you wont pay the rest amount.. !

Regards,
Sunayana

Room Tip: One suggestion for anyone who still wants to book a jacuzzi villa here - put a condition prior booki...
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank SunayanaVivek
jayabenny, Owner at Wayanad Silverwoods, responded to this reviewResponded May 6, 2014

Dear Patron,
Thank you for taking out your precious time to write the review. Nice to hear that you liked the resort except for the complaints mentioned. Actually our resort comes under eco friendly nature resort. Most of the building materials and fixtures are hand picked and custom made, having terracotta and wood as the basic theme.It is unfortunate that it didst go with your taste . Jacuzzi complaints are taken care off and sorry for the inconvenience caused.Please do come again with family and friends and enjoy different seasons .
Regards,
Jaya

Reviewed April 5, 2014

It was my wife's birthday on 31st March 2013 and I had planned to give her a surprise trip to Wayanad. This is our first time to Wayanad and, since our last trip to Masinagudi and Kabini was glamoured by Stayzilla, I tried to find a package to Wayanad in their site and found this amazing property - Silverwoods. Nestled just opposite to the breathtaking views of the Banasura lake and hills, lies this beautifully crafted property. On our arrival, we were greeted promptly by the two A receptionists who gave us our Welcome drinks. We had arrived at 2:45 and their lunch time was till 2:30 but still, the staff made sure that we got our lunch. - Too courteous. We were then shown our rooms. The room number 106 - Primero type was the best in the resort as it had direct view of the lake. We loved our rooms. Since the next day was the D-day I had ordered for a surprise cake which was promptly delivered at 11pm and it was a wonderful birthday. Kudos to Vinayak especially as when I had called him to check for the Sight seeing car, he recommended I just take the driver since I had my own vehicle - too good. We visited Kuruva Island. Pookat lake and Banasura Dam. It was lovely. One of the highlights of the Resort is its Spa service. I had taken a marma massage with steam and my wife took a head, neck and shoulder massage. Santhosh and Anu were probably the best spa specialists in the business. They deserve a special applause. Food was average but expensive. There is a restaurant nearby - Banasura which served awesome food and was within budget. The tub was very good, the bathroom itself was like another bedroom - so huge and the balcony was a hub of various birds. Being an avid wildlife photographer, I enjoyed the place to the fullest so did my wife.

Will visit again :) Kudos to the entire staff.

Room Tip: Choose primero villas
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Varunvv
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kalpetta
Sharoy Resort
#2 of 8 in Lakkidi
Wyndvalley Garden Resort
Wyndvalley Garden Resort
#15 of 23 in Kalpetta

Been to Wayanad Silverwoods? Share your experiences!