“Clean, Comfortable, good value for money!”

KTDC Pepper Grove Hotel
Ranked #23 of 82 Kalpetta B&B and Inns
Salisbury, United Kingdom
“Clean, Comfortable, good value for money!”
Reviewed May 10, 2012

A pleasant welcome, a comfortable bed, a clean bathroom with plenty of hot water : you will find all of these at Pepper Grove together with good food ( nice desserts). The hotel is in a safe and quiet setting not far from town so it is a good base for exploring. When we visited at the end of March Wayanad Sanctuary was closed because of the fire risk so our main reason for being in the area had gone. The staff put them selves out to be helpful and let us use the computer in the office to replan and Binoy also gave us some very good suggestions about what to do locally.
This is an excellent mid-range hotel. we really enjoyed our stay. Thanks to both Binoys and the rest of the staff!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank kiri59

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Bangalore, Karnataka, India
Reviewed May 3, 2012

Stayed for three days, the hotel is located in Manichira, Sulthan Bathery. Starting from the first glance the hotel is true value for money. located in a serene and though not very far from the town. Rooms are spacious and clean. Food is excellent and best. Staffs are friendly and honest. I lost my phone in for the full day, the cleaner picked in up from a common place and returned to Mr. Binoy, the manager of the property. A thorough and helpful gentleman always ready to help with a welcome smile.. loved it..

just to add the cook is also a nice young boy who played football with my kids.. :)

Mukta and Family.

Room Tip: A/C Premium suite.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank muktapalit
Bengaluru, India
Reviewed May 3, 2012

We stayed at Pepper Grove, Wayanad last weekend for 4days-3N. Initially I was impressed by the property. The rooms were very small & it's very basic. They gave one towel & 1 soap each room (each were double room booked for couples) though. Nature-lovers might like it but I felt terrible about unusual looking red ants & insects inside bathroom! The Health-faucet was leaking- it doesnt take too much to change the washer, does it? Besides these problems the property was nice. I loved the sit-outs (no balconies in with the rooms), the panorama & the green surroundings.

Now, let's come to food! Breakfast was incl in the room tariff. First day it was Idly/bread-omelet, 2nd was set-dosa & no option & 3rd day was poori-sago (poori-bhaji). We took one dinner & 1 lunch. The food tasted barely edible in my palette & definitely overpriced. A tiny medal-size paper-thin fried fish was 100/-! My fish-eater Bengali-heart sank after I checked the bill! I frantically googled & found the best restaurant in that area- Jubilee (oppo. Assumption Hospital). Eventually we found a nice & cheaper place to have tea/coffee too- Paul's Icecream (few meters ahead from Jubilee). Jubilee is very popular with the locals so make sure you reach much ahead the usual lunch/dinner time if you want a proper parking & gr8 service. However, I must mention the food at Pepper Grove is freshly prepared so you have to order atleast 45min ahead of ur meal time. So, you can order here if u feel lazy or unwell or above all find the food palatable. It's hygienic & freshly made for sure.
Next time in Wayand/Sulthan Bathery I would not stay at Pepper Grove for sure since I felt it's not value for money! If you wish to try go for the non-AC rooms. Ours were AC-Deluxe (s) & upstairs. My parents had to take stairs with their bad-back & knee problem.
I must mention the stuffs their are of helpful kind. It's just that you have to 'seek' help. :)

Room Tip: Though we took AC-Deluxe I feel non-AC could have been VFM! Yet, you must go for AC rooms to keep mo...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Bangalore
Reviewed April 24, 2012

We were on our way to Kumarakom and we though we will make a stop at Wayanad. With the help of some locals we headed to this place are without any prior knowledge of our arrival the staff was pretty courteous to welcome us and also to our fascination they just had 2 rooms available . This place is located pretty much in the center of the City, The main road is a 5min drive. ample parking space clean surrounding and best of all really amazing food.

The rooms are clean, The sheets where washed and bathrooms were pretty small but manageable. The management was very keen on educating us on the local travels and it helped us a lot. All in all it was a great place to stay and to be honest i really could not find any fault with this place.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
3 Thank rugheadrohit
Derby, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 18, 2012

Stayed at Peppergrove for three days.The hotel is is located within walking distance from the town but far enough from it to be quiet and serene.Plenty of parking space.Bathrooms were clean and hot water was available all day .The premier rooms are more spacious than the deluxe rooms.The staff were very helpful and courteous and special thanks to Benoy who made every effort to make our stay as pleasant as possible.So if you are visiting Wayanad with family Peppergrove would be an ideal choice.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank 187048Traveller
Canberra, Australia
Reviewed March 9, 2012

I was planning for a family trip to Wayanad comprising of myself, my wife and my eight month old son for three days and two nights. One of the established resorts in the locality offered me a package that consisted of all three meals in a premium accommodation with a complimentary Ayurveda massage, Speed boat ride in Banasura Sagar Dam and a candle light dinner - all for a sum of Rs.12,500 (incl. of taxes) for two person. This was a special rate as March is a month with relatively less tourists owing to school exams.

As this was my first trip to Wayanad, I also wanted to spend much time outdoors. This made me re-think as I'll not be spending much time at the resort and also missing lunch most of the days. That is when I ended up with KTDC Pepper Grove. I found an Expedia.co.in deal for Deluxe A/c room for Rs.3333 - which was 1600 cheaper than ktdc.com, but there was a catch - Expedia offer did not include breakfast. But all the three day meals for myself and my wife was within Rs.2000, not to mention the at our leisure and place.

The rooms are cleaned daily. Plenty of parking space. Food is of quality, but food served is based on availability, so better to check the menu in advance. You will find good restaurants at Sulthan Bathery, about 2kms from this hotel. The staff is really courteous. I'm told, that they also conduct camp fires for large groups at the backyard.

About 200m away from the hotel is Buddha Ayurveda Nursing home, which can provide you a good authentic massage. Pepper grove can make the necessary appointments.

Room Tip: The extra Rs.500 for Premium over Deluxe is not worth it. However, if you are planning for an extra...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank srihariramadas
Solihull
Reviewed January 30, 2012

The location of Peeper Grove is very pleasant in the middle ofa village beside a small pond. The staff could not have been more helpful. The restaraunt did not appear to have a menu but instead simply asked what you would like to eat and then produced the most wonderful results.
The manager was always on hand and prepared to help organise any trip you wanted plus arranging a driver at the end of our stay.

The rooms were basic but always clean with hot and cold water at all times.

• Stayed January 2012