All reviewsthe main roadchembra peakground clearancepick up and dropwoods
Reviewed February 12, 2018

We friends booked 7 rooms for Dec 23, 2017 with INR 25,000 Adv. Paid on November. On Dec 21st we got a call from Hotel saying, elephant attacked and rooms were cancelled, our amount will be refunded in a week. As of till Feb 12, the amount is not refunded. The worst part is Contact numbers and Email were unanswered. From their booking mail i got to know this is part of Danigrove and reached out Stream valley, they acknowledged and gave another contact number. Still the vain. Im trying to reach them in all possible ways, with no positive response i'm writing it here

• Stayed: December 2017, traveled with family
3  Thank Rajkumar M
Reviewed May 19, 2017 via mobile

Brand new apartments. Enjoyed nice views overlooking a valley, from attached balcony in the evenings. Staff is very polite and helpful. Hard to find the place first time, downhill through a narrow street off the main road.

Stayed: May 2017, traveled with family
Reviewed January 17, 2017

worst kind of management...who do not care care for what guest ask, inspite speaking to them personally regarding the food...place is not all maintained properly....lack to ask feedback of the vistors....cooks do not know how to prepare Biryani...idli Samabar..other simple menu...We had bad time when few youths came and started playing music loudly in midnight and partying...manager never bothered to ask them, to stop it....will not provide what u speak before booking the rooms....TV will not work...or no connection in few rooms....

• Stayed: January 2017, traveled with family
1  Thank Thejaswi R
Reviewed January 3, 2017

I booked this resort through Booking.com for the 31st Dec 2016.I was relaxed as i had got a booking confirmation.Just be sure when i called the resort the night before travel they denied having any booking and said they are having network issues and never got any booking..When i called Booking.com they said they will check and call back.It never happened.When i called them back they advised to give another resort which was awful.I had to cancel and book another resort on my own.It was a terrible experience.
Never book through booking.com and if booking this resort make sure you call them a week before and confirm.

• Stayed: December 2016, traveled with family
3  Thank Tejaswi K
Reviewed December 19, 2016

The place has a lot of natural beauty and even an on-premises natural stream/waterfall.

That's about the only good thing that can be said about the place.

Rooms would have been good 5 years ago, however, the maintenance is really down and most rooms are showing their age.

On the first day, we had to immediately change our room as the designated bamboo cottage had a huge insect nest kind of thing above the TV.
The next Bamboo room we got (after several hours) had a huge spider, but we stayed there for 1 night.
The third room was honeymoon suite, however in night I saw several hundred tiny spiders on the wall. I misplaced those pics, but I am not kidding, there were at-least 200 of those. In morning I found a few dozen on them on the roof above the bed and several on the bed and pillows.

The manager was totally unconcerned, and later I heard he was planning to shift to jobs and was maybe tat's why he was least bit bothered.

Pros:
A quite and natural place in middle of coffee estate
Enjoyed the bath in the natural stream
Food was ok, everyday in buffet we could find at-least 1 edible item.
Some of the staff was ok, few were non-concerned like the manager

Cons:
Rooms were in quite dilapidated state - see my pics with 100s of spiders
It's 2 km from main road, this approach road will give back pain to any healthy adult - forget about elderly

--------

I completely understand that in a natural setting it is possible to have an insect or two in your room. However, here every room was badly infested with least regard to safety and convenience of the guest.

See photos.

I stayed in this place last year around Oct 2015 (sorry for late review). I had travelled with wife and kid.

Room Tip: I tried 3 rooms, all were insect infested !!
  • Stayed: January 2016, traveled with family