Rippon Mount Resorts
Sharoy Resort(Kalpetta)
$186
  • Breakfast included
Wyndvalley Garden Resort(Kalpetta)(Great Value!)
$37
$110
$122
$96
  • Breakfast included
BEST WESTERN PLUS Ekobarn(Kalpetta)(Great Value!)
$61
$139
TripAdvisor
Green Gates(Kalpetta)
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsnatural waterfallsmall waterfallvalley view cottageswimming poolmr georgethe cottagesapproach roadtree houseexcellent locationnature's beautygreat resortbad conditionfront officewell maintained and cleancurryfew metersfood provided
Reviewed July 24, 2013

when we first reached this resort , we were a bit disappointed coz it was in a very isolated kind of place. But this view changed soon, the resort offers nice accomodation, excellent view of the valley . Their staff is also very helpful. The food was also great. Would recommend this who is looking for a peaceful resort to stay.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank ahmedsmhs
Reviewed April 20, 2013

Myself along with my family had booked a suite for 1 night stay in the Resort on 29th March 2013
The Resort Manager Mr. Vijayan arranged a cab to pick us from Calicut Rly.stn. we reached the
Resort around 3pm The journey from Calicut to Rippon Mount Resort was really nice.The driver
explained during the journey the interesting places to visit.

As we reached the Resort, the manager greeted us, and we were offered a tasty welcome drink.
He was so polite and understanding.

We checked in the suite, it was so clean and tidy. It is a really beautiful place to stay, as the Resort is surrounded by Mountain valley and lush green forest we went to see the natural waterfall inside the Resort and took bath. The swimming pool was so clean and my kids enjoyed
to swim.I had stayed in ooty and munnar, but the beauty of nature I could feel and enjoy was
during my stay in the Resort.

The ambience was reaaly good and my famiy requested to extend our stay by 1 more night.
I should appreciate regarding the food prepared by Mr.Denny-Cook, which was really tasty.
The service in the Resort was punctual, the wakeup call and bed coffee reached our suite on time.

I would like to thank the entire staff of Rippon Mount Resort who made our stay most memorable namely Mr. Vijayan-manager, Mr. Murali-Chef, Mr. Subair and Mr.Unnikrishnan-
Room Service.

I have finalised my next trip to Rippon Mount Resort in Sept. 2013 along with my family and
relatives.

THYAGARAJ

Room Tip: Rippon Suite Valley View Cottage
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed April 5, 2013

I'm from Chennai, I reached resort from Calicut railway station, (100kms distance, 2 hrs journey from railway station), it was a nice journey by car.
I assumed the resort located in main area but its bit far from Kalpetta town, the resort is located in the hill top location.

The things i liked most:
1. Location - Surrounded by nature, fresh air, bird's song, peaceful place, valley view, private place without disturbance
2. Hospitality - Friendly workers,tasty food,quick response for any request, very obedient and polite service
3. Cleanliness - Rooms, bed, blankets were clean,
4. Refreshment - TV - Required channels were there, Swimming pool, mini trecking place to water storage area, hill top view, suicide point view was good

Things can be improved:
1. Power cut, water cut - I dialled repeatedly to intercom to get these, Suffered without power( 1am to 3am), workers were reachable after 3 am only by phone, the only one thing i felt bad.

Room Tip: Wood house was excellent, but its bit expensive.Its good place for newly married couples,you can plan for wood house to impress spouse, the place is private, no one is there is to disturb our privacy... except nature.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 4, 2013

We stayed there on from mar29-mar31. Before going there know the facts - its a lonely location, no mobile signal (except Idea cellular), no shops nearby - basically its almost a forest, so, completely dependent on the resort staff. It would be very tough to reach the place if you are new to wayanad. If you are going by car, better ask the staff for guidance. Also before going to Wayand, ask someone staying there for first hand information on weather. The days we were there, the weather was so damn hot, uh not the kind of vacation anyone want. There is simply nothing to see at Wayanad other than trekking. So either the weather be good or you plan for trekking.

Problems faced -
resort staff doesn't have any knowledge of our booking. I was repeating my booking information over and over from the moment i reached, but they didn't even call me back. Somehow we managed to get there by 2 bus and an auto. We had asked for pickup from Kalpetta, but nobody responded or shown up.
He asked for the balance amount even before we drop our bags on the room..
We were promised for a valley view room, but we got only "swimming pool view". Who in the world would like to waste money on a swimming pool view.. that's a cheat.
There is no hot water 24/7, it's provided from morning 8-9. Who will woke up by 8 in the morning on a vacation..
Lunch served was simply terrible on the first day, although we consumed half since we were totally hungry..
Swimming pool was under maintenance the first day.. after asking multiple time to multiple persons, it was filled with water that's it..and that too just half the height of the tank.. its not a proper swimming pool, got a height of less than 120 cms, may be suited for kids.. so they cheated us by saying it's "under maintenance"..
In the buffet, there are simply no choice for veggie.. except dal, chappathi, rice, curd.. is that a buffet menu..??
If you want something there you got to ask or complaint multiple times to get it done..
We planned for 3 nights initially, since we were sick of that place we cut it short to 2 nights, otherwise money would have been wasted on cancellation charges.
On the last day we were supposed to catch a train at Mysore, i asked the staff to get an auto at 8:30 in the morning.. he called the auto only in front of me when i went there for check-out.. so damn rude..
We agreed to pay the remaining money by withdrawing it from the ATM, since for cards they charge tax heavily.. he sent one of the resort staff with us.. he charged the auto return fare from us.. i accept it.. fair enough.. but he should have told it to me, that the auto-fare will be 250 instead of 150 for the drop to main road. he called the auto guy directly after we boarded the auto and asked him to charge 250.. just rude and pathetic..
Are they ok with accepting a lesser amount for the services that were missing and still promised..

We were not the only people who complained, some of the other vacationers were also shouting.. don't pick this resort based on the site photos or the goddamn good reviews.. get first hand information directly from a person who visited this earlier..
For the amount they are charging, the services are absolutely rubbish..

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
8  Thank srinirsr
Reviewed January 25, 2013

It's a little tough to reach here with narrow roads and complicated directions, but the it's totally worth it. I stayed in a cottage which was valley facing and we could also get a clear view of the swimming pool. The service was excellent and the staff was very helpful. The rooms we spacious and clean. The only problem we had was the occasional power cuts. The resort also has a small waterfall and trekking facilities. The food is decent. They even organized some hard drinks for us on special request.

Room Tip: Take the room which has both the valley and swimming pool view
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple