Heading itself mentions my experience at Planet Green Plantation Resort. I was there for my Honeymoon, and I can say there is no other place like this resort. I had booked Honeymoon Package there, so it includes something more which a couple wants. I can divide my views in following categories.
1. Stay & Facilities:
I had booked Premium Suite there. It was having all kind of facilities and the resort itself was so beautiful and was having very beautiful view around. Rooms were neat and clean, having hot water facilities all the time, was in good condition, well maintained with modern and wooden furniture. Resort is spread in wide area, having trees planted beautifully. Even no noise from outside world, hence anyone can have his privacy.
Also, there is a water stream nearby, approx. 5 min walk needed. It was not so clean, but it was ok. You can enjoy walk to that stream during early morning with misty atmosphere.
Facilities available were: TV, extra bed, luggage room, cupboards etc..
The main thing was the view from the room. It was just fantastic. It was having view of Chembra peak from all the rooms with full of greenery. We loved it!!
Places to visit were also nearby, like Chembra peak, Banasurasgar dam, Tea and coffee garden, Sochhipara waterfalls, Pookot lake, Abbey Waterfalls etc.
2. Food: (Jain food available)
Food was good. No doubt, it was having taste of south Indian food, but you can manage it. Important thing was they were continuously trying to adjust our taste and were making as per our wish. We had pure Jain (i.e. veg) food there, so it is not a problem for Jains to visit this place.
Even we had CANDLE LIGHT DINNER, which was life time experience. Arrangement was like this: Dining table surrounded by trees, (outside restaurant), no disturbance from others (separately arranged), birds’ voices around, no light other than candle.
This resort was situated very near to Kalpetta, Wayanad, Kerala. Maximum half hour journey from there. Also, situated inside jungle, hence very peaceful place. Road is good, just last 100 mtr road is not maintained. From Kalpetta, staff will continuously guide you to reach there or will drive with you to reach on time.
No complaints for this. I thank you all staff members Mr. Radhakrishnan, Mr. Raghu, Mr. Chandran, Ms. Aparna , Mr. Saiju and all others. They were very helpful and made us to feel like home. During our stay, they have helped us on each and every aspect.
Finally, I suggest every one who is visiting Wayand, surely stay here. Select premium suites room, as they are more specious. This resort is awesome.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This resort has the best view from all the rooms of the Mount Chembra, the highest peak of Wayanad. There are two types of rooms- 4 nos of Premium apartment suites having approx 675 sq ft full furnished drawing room, two balcony, bedrooms, two balconies and six rooms with balconies and 300 sq ft excellent quality rooms. There is a mountain stream inside and the resort is surrounded by tea gardens and natural forests.We can arrange trekking, camp fire, tribal dance, archery classes and tribal cuisine. River walk, rafting, tea garden walk etc are other attractions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Agoda, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Planet Green Plantation Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Planet Green Plantation Resort Kalpetta, Kerala, India